7 weird things MAs do that WORK

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
from glamour's sept. anniversary issue...

1. add drops of oil-free sunblock to foundation so it'll stay put.

2. eat a cherry popsicle for a red lip stain.

3. do bright blush, then foundation, for a natural finish.

4. remove stray sparkle with scotch tape.

5. to grow overplucked brows, apply a little rogaine daily.

6. warm your lash curler with a blowdryer before using; heat will set the curl.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Good ones, though I've read most of them before. Who's on the cover of that Glamour issue? jennifer connelly. BLAH!

Originally Posted by Trisha Good tips but wheres the 7th? x i didn't even notice that!! LOL thanks!
there's only 6 listed, but then there's a pic of a girl getting her eyes done and it says, "tip: wet your shadow brush - color will last longer."

maybe that's the 7th?

probably... lol
wink.gif
Nice tips... didnt know about that sunblock one!
smile.gif

giggle..

I do my own weirdo stuff.

I use:

Visine eye Drops: to take the red out of any pimples.. (use cotton ball with visine and hold against--gently) and its a great quick fill-in when i have no mixing medium for pigments.

Hairspray on an old toothbrush for brow control..

VERY Light coating of LIGHT HOLD hairspray on the face holds makeup.

Ordinary cinnamon oil does great as a lip plumper..

Originally Posted by Jennifer 6. warm your lash curler with a blowdryer before using; heat will set the curl. I always do this & it does work! Not that i use lash curlers regularly.. but i do heat them when i do use them!

Originally Posted by MacForMe giggle..I do my own weirdo stuff.

I use:

Visine eye Drops: to take the red out of any pimples.. (use cotton ball with visine and hold against--gently) and its a great quick fill-in when i have no mixing medium for pigments.

Hairspray on an old toothbrush for brow control..

VERY Light coating of LIGHT HOLD hairspray on the face holds makeup.

Ordinary cinnamon oil does great as a lip plumper..

Wow those are great tips too!! It's cool how people come up with stuff like this
claps.gif

Originally Posted by lilyindavis Wow those are great tips too!! It's cool how people come up with stuff like this
claps.gif
Why thank you! Well, i read about the cinnamon oil at a health food store. It does work but rushing blood to the lip area.. be careful, cuz you could be allerigic.. test on your wrist first..

The hairspray thing, i figured out just by freak accident.. i noticed when i used hairspray, my makeup stayed better.. weird.

wow! i had eyebrow anorexia in highschool! do you think using a little rogaine could make my brows grow in where i plucked them too much?!

Originally Posted by jessica9 wow! i had eyebrow anorexia in highschool! do you think using a little rogaine could make my brows grow in where i plucked them too much?! cant see why it would hurt! TRy and see! Let us know!

Originally Posted by Trisha heres some tips i find work really well and use a lot on my clients

To apply mascara to lower lashes, i rub a flat liner brush across the mascara wand and gently touch the bottom lashes, this gives a softer look than coating the lashes completely with mascara

Apply a highligher just above the cupids bow of the lips to create the illusion of fuller lips

Apply bronzer in a 3 motion touching the temples, cheekbones and jawline to mimic where the sun would naturally hit

those are great tips, especially the first. i never put mascara on the bottom lashes because i feel too much gets on and also makes my dark circles show through. i'm gonna try what you said. thanks!

Originally Posted by jessica9 wow! i had eyebrow anorexia in highschool! do you think using a little rogaine could make my brows grow in where i plucked them too much?! try mavala's double lash. it's also helped my lashes grow long and thick! PM me if you need more info on where to buy it, etc.

THANKS I MAY TRY TO GROW MY BROWS BACK

Originally Posted by Jennifer from glamour's sept. anniversary issue...
1. add drops of oil-free sunblock to foundation so it'll stay put.

2. eat a cherry popsicle for a red lip stain.

3. do bright blush, then foundation, for a natural finish.

4. remove stray sparkle with scotch tape.

5. to grow overplucked brows, apply a little rogaine daily.

6. warm your lash curler with a blowdryer before using; heat will set the curl.

Originally Posted by MARIAN THANKS I MAY TRY TO GROW MY BROWS BACK marian! let me know how it goes! i am going to try it as well...we can see how it works out!
jessica

Oh my gosh I love the mascara one!!

Originally Posted by Trisha heres some tips i find work really well and use a lot on my clients

To apply mascara to lower lashes, i rub a flat liner brush across the mascara wand and gently touch the bottom lashes, this gives a softer look than coating the lashes completely with mascara

Apply a highligher just above the cupids bow of the lips to create the illusion of fuller lips

Apply bronzer in a 3 motion touching the temples, cheekbones and jawline to mimic where the sun would naturally hit

Originally Posted by Trisha it really works well! its the only way i put mascara on clients bottom lashes now! x I've got a Paula Dorf brush that does a similar job. It's like a minature bronzing fan and I use it to do my lower lashes when I go out.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 in another thread i mentioned the rogaine thing and almost got hung. what do you mean?
confused.gif

Man, I got a TON...

1. Put loose powder on before foundation for oily skin. Keeps shine away.

2. Mix eyeshadow with eyedrops for liquid eyeliner, better than water.

3. Buff foundation with a white hair fluffy brush to make foundation look airbrushed. it's the black hair with white tips brush that mineral makeup lines have. It's meant for blush, but I love how it makes foundation look.

4. Put matte pale pastel yellow eyeshadow over anyt hing red/pink on clean skin. Calms red/pink without an extra layer of cream/liquid. Peach cancels out blue, pink cancels out gray.

5. Brush shimmer powder into your hair...looks sooooo pretty.

6. Put a ton of cheek stain or stick(like Nar's Multiple Stick) on clean skin, foundation over. Makes it look more real and stays on all day. Figured this out on a trip to humid New York.

7. Avoid wearing any makeup that has gray in it. Makes your skin look tired. You can see what makeup color is in your product by swipping on white paper. You see it right away.

8. Apply mascara before your eyeliner. Any mascara smudges you get can usually be blended into the eyeshadow you apply as liner.

9. Put concealer on very very last. Instead of applying everywhere, you'll only apply where needed. And keep under eyes clean, apply eye makeup, clean up, then apply your concealer with a dot of your foundation under your eyes. perfect match every time. And you save tons of time cleaning up1

10. Powdered blush on lips, lip gloss over. Stays on better than colored lip gloss. Don't ask me why!!!

smile.gif

Elke

Latest posts

Back