A cute transformation ........

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me which makeup brand counter gives best beauty makeovers with professional quality cosmetics? Im getting a beauty makeover this fall

icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by sirenmocha Can you guys tell me which makeup brand counter gives best beauty makeovers with professional quality cosmetics? Im getting a beauty makeover this fall
icon_smile.gif

so far I've had a good experience with stila.... my MA was very knowledgable and gave great face!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i heard that stila have these gorgeous feminine vivid shades and ok lol imm going to buy them all !. thank you so much, and by the way im new. i cant wait to be sexy again

Originally Posted by sirenmocha i heard that stila have these gorgeous feminine vivid shades and ok lol imm going to buy them all !. thank you so much, and by the way im new. i cant wait to be sexy again Welcome to MuT!!! I'm not totally great in the MU knowledge department but I'm great on giving opinions...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
and it only took one visit for me to fall in love with stila so it's quite possible that you'll have the same reaction... *giggle*

Hi! Welcome to mut!

Sounds like you're going to have fun with your transformation
smile.gif

Like Trisha said, look for an artist whos makeup you like.

As for the actual brands, I like MAC, Stila, Bobbi Brown is good for natural looks it seems like.

Omg my friends wear mac, and they look polished and lovely but i want to try stila, mac has foundations for all skin tones which sounds really good because it is hard to find the right foundation if you just started wearing makeup. And the most important question is.... do you know how much it cost to get a beauty makeover by mac/stila/lancome/chanel/other ?

Originally Posted by sirenmocha Omg my friends wear mac, and they look polished and lovely but i want to try stila, mac has foundations for all skin tones which sounds really good because it is hard to find the right foundation if you just started wearing makeup. And the most important question is.... do you know how much it cost to get a beauty makeover by mac/stila/lancome/chanel/other ? generally, i think they're free... at least here, it is, if it's not free everywhere....

Originally Posted by Charmaine It would be best to call as they vary, but with MAC it's usually around $40 worth of purchases. Oh see, I guess it does vary from place to place.... but mine was definitely free (although I did make a purchase afterward)

Originally Posted by sirenmocha Omg my friends wear mac, and they look polished and lovely but i want to try stila, mac has foundations for all skin tones which sounds really good because it is hard to find the right foundation if you just started wearing makeup. And the most important question is.... do you know how much it cost to get a beauty makeover by mac/stila/lancome/chanel/other ? mac is like $40-$50 and make an appointment if you want a makeover because if you just go in, they might not have anything available.
other counters are usually free, but they really do want you to buy stuff.

Originally Posted by sirenmocha Can you guys tell me which makeup brand counter gives best beauty makeovers with professional quality cosmetics? Im getting a beauty makeover this fall
icon_smile.gif

Hello Sirenmocha and welcome to MUT
icon_exclaim.gif
I've only tried a makeover once but with a MAC MUA. Still have to try one from a Stila MUA. So far I find MAC and Stila makeup products of good quality.

I've paid anything between £0 - £20, but any cost has always been redeemable against product. I've had good experiences with Stila and Origins, and bad experiences with Lancome and YSL. I think the key thing is finding an MU who is in tune with the way you want to look and is willing to listen to what you like rather than just push whatever their latest range is.

Welcome Siren! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you! Me & my friend were at MAC yesterday and they were promoting the makeovers for the Rebel Rock collection... we signed up for Aug. 12 - and I did hear another MA telling a customer about $50 - redeemable in product. So I'm assuming she was talking about the makeover. Which is fine - I can spend $50 in there no problem! LOL But it probably won't be on Rebel Rock (unless for a gloss) because I bought most of it last night! lol

But I agree with the girls, check out the MA's look - and go from there...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome Siren! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you! Me & my friend were at MAC yesterday and they were promoting the makeovers for the Rebel Rock collection... we signed up for Aug. 12 - and I did hear another MA telling a customer about $50 - redeemable in product. So I'm assuming she was talking about the makeover. Which is fine - I can spend $50 in there no problem! LOL But it probably won't be on Rebel Rock (unless for a gloss) because I bought most of it last night! lol
But I agree with the girls, check out the MA's look - and go from there...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

thank you ! lol, i''ll check ma looks, specially if they're professional...
Does any one know about becca? if you do tell me about becca.

Originally Posted by sirenmocha thank you ! lol, i''ll check ma looks, specially if they're professional...
Does any one know about becca? if you do tell me about becca.

Wow... yet another brand.... I went to their site (http://www.beccacosmetics.com/main.asp) and the only thing that I can tell is that they seem to be pricey (although I have no idea how Australian prices translate to American Dollars)... the brushes looked pretty though...

icon_smile.gif

Although I'm generally biased to MAC, it really depends on the makeup artist. Rather than judging an artist's personal style, I'd chat with them first & see how well they listen & ask you question about what you have in mind. I think the best makeup artist is someone who investigates your needs BEFORE deciding how to make you up.

Latest posts

Back