A Few Of My Favorite Things!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
What are a few of your favorite things?!!! (FACE/BODY)

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
Right now I love :icon_love :

Benefit EyeCon

Apple Cider Vinegar

True Blue Spa: Higher grounds coffee scrub

The new goody rubberbands that are for working out (they have grippage on them or something, so you don't have to constantly fix your ponytail)

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Sweet Pea lotion (Bath & Body Works)

Strobe Cream (MAC)

Fix+ (MAC)

Pomegranate Body Scrub (Origins)

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Strobe Cream:

'The ultimate pick-up. De-stresses and wakes up tired skin with a moisturizing, vitamin-loaded zap. Iridescent texture makes skin glow. Leaves skin with a natural, healthy glow inspired by backstage lighting techniques. When used on the face or body, this iridescent cream moisturizes and gives skin the appearance of vitality and radiance. Iridescent pigments and botanical extracts help to instantly brighten the skin and improve skin tone and clarity. The vitamin enriched formula nourishes, rejuvenates and hydrates. Strobe Cream is a perfect base for foundation.

Fix +:

Liquid refreshment for the skin. A vitamin-rich pick-up for the skin - and a perfect finishing "fix" for makeup. Spray it on. Sets makeup. Wakes up the skin! Alcohol-free. Herb-infused. Shot with caffeine. One smart tonic. For a fresh finish to a look, apply over moisturizer and under foundation. Use over powder for a soft "set" finish. Non-irritating: skin calming. Botanically formulated. Naturally aromatic. Skin-quenching. Does the skin good. Let the skin drink it up!

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
the strobe cream is a kind of pearlized face lotion that you put on under your foundation and it gives kind of a glowy look.

the fix+ is a spray on type of moisturizer. you can spray it on before your makeup. after your makeup application to freshen up your makeup so it doesn't look so powdery. and you can spray it on through out the day to freshen up your makeup.

Originally Posted by jennyb What are the 2 mac things you listed?
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
If you had to pick one, which do you like better. They both sound cool. They don't break you out do they? Does the strobe cream make your face made up looking (shiny, etc) , or really natural?

Originally Posted by Marisol Strobe Cream:'The ultimate pick-up. De-stresses and wakes up tired skin with a moisturizing, vitamin-loaded zap. Iridescent texture makes skin glow. Leaves skin with a natural, healthy glow inspired by backstage lighting techniques. When used on the face or body, this iridescent cream moisturizes and gives skin the appearance of vitality and radiance. Iridescent pigments and botanical extracts help to instantly brighten the skin and improve skin tone and clarity. The vitamin enriched formula nourishes, rejuvenates and hydrates. Strobe Cream is a perfect base for foundation.

Fix +:

Liquid refreshment for the skin. A vitamin-rich pick-up for the skin - and a perfect finishing "fix" for makeup. Spray it on. Sets makeup. Wakes up the skin! Alcohol-free. Herb-infused. Shot with caffeine. One smart tonic. For a fresh finish to a look, apply over moisturizer and under foundation. Use over powder for a soft "set" finish. Non-irritating: skin calming. Botanically formulated. Naturally aromatic. Skin-quenching. Does the skin good. Let the skin drink it up!

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
Thanks marisol and liz. liz what are some of your favorite things right now?
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by jennyb If you had to pick one, which do you like better. They both sound cool. They don't break you out do they? Does the strobe cream make your face made up looking (shiny, etc) , or really natural? I like both. I got them both in February, use them every day and I havn't run out of either one yet. I couldn't pick between the two since they are different products. Strobe Cream doesn't make me look shiny at all. It gives me face a radiance and it makes it look healthy. I use it alone on those days when I dont wear make up. Fix + refreshes my skin. Its a mist that makes your face feel refreshed and also helps set your make-up. Its not sticky and its not as hard as spraying water to your face.
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
One more question, how much are both?

Originally Posted by Marisol I like both. I got them both in February, use them every day and I havn't run out of either one yet. I couldn't pick between the two since they are different products. Strobe Cream doesn't make me look shiny at all. It gives me face a radiance and it makes it look healthy. I use it alone on those days when I dont wear make up. Fix + refreshes my skin. Its a mist that makes your face feel refreshed and also helps set your make-up. Its not sticky and its not as hard as spraying water to your face.
 
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
7,425
Reaction score
5
Location
Duluth, GA
Originally Posted by jennyb What are a few of your favorite things?!!! (FACE/BODY)
DuWop Lip Venom, Venom Gloss, Venom FlashBonne Belle Glimmer Bronze

Those are my MUST HAVES!!

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by jennyb One more question, how much are both? Strobe Cream is $27.50 and Fix + is $14. Sort of pricey but they have lasted more than 6 months so for me, they were worth it. I will probably buy them again when I run out.
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
mine are:

biotherm's age fitness moisturizer.

mac's 187 brush

mac's instant gold and love nectar lustreglass'

mac's bagatelle eye shadow

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Charmaine Hey Marisol, I'm very curious about Strobe Cream. Do you wear this as a moisturizer? If so, do you only need to use very little to cover the whole face? I'm wondering if it's worth nearly 30 bucks. I do use it as a moisturizer. I apply it all over but very little of it goes a long way. I was unsure of getting it because it looks so small but I have been using it every day and I still have some product left after 6 months of using it.
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
you can use regular moisturizer on your skin and then add strobe cream over that, and you wouldn't use as much strobe cream since your skin is already moisturized.

oh, you can also mix it with foundation so it can be like a tinted, glowy moisturizer

 
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
7,760
Reaction score
1
there are so many, but these i must use daily

aveeno clear complexion cleanser

stridex pads for sensitive skin

essential oil products shower gel in rose & chamomile

derma e body lotion in rose and rosemary

smith's rosebud salve

tropez brow pencil in buttered rum

dove deodorant

these are the products that make me feel ready to face the world!

 
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
7,425
Reaction score
5
Location
Duluth, GA
Originally Posted by monniej there are so many, but these i must use daily
aveeno clear complexion cleanser

stridex pads for sensitive skin

essential oil products shower gel in rose & chamomile

derma e body lotion in rose and rosemary

smith's rosebud salve

tropez brow pencil in buttered rum

dove deodorant

these are the products that make me feel ready to face the world!

Have you tried the Aveeno moisturizer? Are the Aveen products really worth the $14 they cost? I know for the moisturizer you would get enough to last you months, but I was just wondering!!
Oh I LOVE the Dove deoderant. I've been using it since it came out and I will NEVER switch.

Melissa

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
How do you like the Paula's Choice balancing cleanser? I just placed my first order for this cleanser, so I'm excited!!! How has it worked for your skin???

Originally Posted by IsisKat My favorite things lately are:paula's choice balancing cleanser, 8% aha, 2% bha

Prada soothing eye gel

Cat cosmetics primer

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
The bha is the sacliclic acid right??? That doesn't make you break out before it clears you up???

Originally Posted by IsisKat I'm starting to love it! At first didnt like it much because it doesnt lather much and has a bland scent. After using it for about a month I find I keep reaching for it. (I have a ton of products I rotate with) My skin looks great! The little bumps near my hair line that never go away are getting smaller. I also am using the aha in the am and the bha in the pm like Paula suggests and I know that is helping too.
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
What other cleansers were you using before pc's??? Does Paula's choice ever make your skin dry and tight???

Originally Posted by jennyb The bha is the sacliclic acid right??? That doesn't make you break out before it clears you up???
 

Latest posts

Top