A good eye cream!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

man

Reaction score
What is a good a cream?

Is there one that does ALL? PUFFINESS?? DARKCIRCLES?? WRINKLES?? DOESNT CAUSE WHITE BUMPS??

Are the drugstore ones just as good as the expensive ones?

What are the ingredients require for a good eye cream?

Does at home treatment work?

I heard the only way to get rid of DARK CIRCLES FOREVER is to do surgeries..so am I doomed?

Does teabags work?

Does lightly massaging and doing acupunture around the eyes work?

Any good and affordable brands out there?

Exactly what causes all these symptoms?

I heard that vaseline works really well on wrinkles, is it true?

Wow! So many questions... I'll try to address them one at a time
icon_biggrin.gif

First of all, there is no miracle cream-- nothing will work to remove dark circles/wrinkles, etc. 100%.

Anyhow, I always see this one product advertised in Fashion Magazines: its called "Hylexin." The advertisement says: "The first product specifically developed for serious dark circles... not the kind that pop up in the morning and are gone by breakfast, but the kind of serious dark circles that stay around forever... making you look old, tired and exhuasted." Visit the website to find out more: www.Hylexin.com

The best drugstore product that I've used is Preparation H-- it works WONDERS!! I use it in the mornings sometimes when I've had a late night and get under-eye puffiness... and it de-puffs them in minutes.

I copied this next part from a website-- it tells you about the ingredients you should be looking for in an eye cream:

Things to Look for When Buying Eye Cream

When choosing an eye cream, look for darkness-inhibiting ingredients and consider the type and potency of the firming ingredient.

Common firming ingredients are: caffeine, alcohol, retinol, alpha-hydroxy acids, copper, and vitamin C. Caffeine and alcohol temporarily dehydrate skin, making it appear taut. Retinol, alpha-hydroxy acids, copper, and vitamin C actually work under the skin to stimulate collagen growth.

Common darkness-inhibiting ingredients are: vitamin K, kojic acid, and hydroquinone. Vitamin K has been shown to inhibit bruising. Researchers believe vitamin k helps to counteract dark shadows caused by too much blood flow and minor bruising under eyes. Kojic acid and hydroquinone are skin-lightening agents, often found in bleaching and age-spot creams.

icon_biggrin.gif
Anyhow, Teabags help to soothe the eye area and increase circulation-- my doctor recommended that to me anyway, I haven't tried it out yet.

Serious dark circles are most likely due to your genes-- they're hereditary! Also, lack of sleep, poor circulation through your undereye area...

I've recommended MAC Fast Response Eye Cream to many people. Its fairly affordable, and helps depuff in the morning, and with continual use will help decrease the appearance of dark circles.

There are several good anti-wrinkle creams in the drugstore, don't bother paying too much for those! As for vaseline...I've never heard that they get rid of wrinkles, but it probably moisturizes the eye area and plumps up the skin a bit.

Hope I helped!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I definitely know how you feel about those dark circles... its an ongoing struggle to try and get rid of them for GOOD
icon_mad.gif

I too use Arbonne's RE9 Eye Cream and it has helped my dark circles. It is pricey but the bottle last along time (4-6 months).

A long time ago I heard that Tyra Bank's mother has only used vaseline on her eyes, and I guess she looks great (I didn't see her). I used to use Vaseline on my eyes, as did my mom, and did not notice anything growing on my face!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. But if you are prone to bumps, maybe vaseline wouldn't be good for you. I now use Benefit Eyecon and I love it (I don't have dark circles, but it's used for softening fine lines, dark circles, etc)!!!! My mom uses it as well (she has dark circles) and she swears her dark circles have diminished b/c of the stuff. The stuff makes my eyes feel so nice and soft, I know you said you were young, so maybe this stuff would be good for you b/c it is not extremely thick. I'm only 23, so I just started to use eye cream to prevent bad stuff, but I didn't want a thick/gross eye cream, so this stuff is perfect.

oh, just kidding about the age thing. I could have sworn that I read that you were 17!! I guess I like to make up stuff in my head, I do have a big imagination!!!
icon_twisted.gif
. k--bye.

I have always used vaseline under my eyes when i go swimming to act as a barrier against the chlorine.

I would have thought it would be too shiny to use for anything else but it works for me as a protective agent!!
claps.gif

For a radiant, beautiful complexion, as a regular or time - specific treatment :

Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate

To refine facial contours for a beautiful, youthful appearance :

UV Plus Protective Day Screen SPF 40

Use an exfoliating treatment or facial mask once / twice a week :

Gentle Facial Peeling AND Beauty Flash Balm

For the eye contour area :

Eye Contour Gel AND Eye Revive Beauty Flash OR Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask OR Eye Contour Balm

Originally Posted by man What is a good a cream?Is there one that does ALL? PUFFINESS?? DARKCIRCLES?? WRINKLES?? DOESNT CAUSE WHITE BUMPS??

Are the drugstore ones just as good as the expensive ones?

What are the ingredients require for a good eye cream?

Does at home treatment work?

I heard the only way to get rid of DARK CIRCLES FOREVER is to do surgeries..so am I doomed?

Does teabags work?

Does lightly massaging and doing acupunture around the eyes work?

Any good and affordable brands out there?

Exactly what causes all these symptoms?

I heard that vaseline works really well on wrinkles, is it true?

I have used Vaseline on my eye's as a make-up remover for years, and was told by my eye doctor that it was great for that area. Your eye area does not excrete oil, and therefore is normally dry anyway: Trust me, I am oily everywhere else. My eye doctor said it was a great product for the eye area because of the normal dryness, and allergies of the eyes. I do have dark circles, and it doesn't work with them.

I also needed help in this area, I'm going to definitely be purchasing Benefit Eyecon real soon. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back