A question to people with sensitive skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always have this problem in winter months--after being outside in a cold weather, when I enter some heating space my cheeks and my nose( the worst part of all) are virtually beginnning to burn which turns me red
frown.gif

I know that there are some creams for sens skin that are intended to help the skin to fight with these temperature changes, but so far, I haven`t found one that really helps. No foundation or green consealer I`ve tried can cover it either, even the mmu.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

so far, the only face moisturizer that works for me is Weleda's almond cream. their calendula cream is also good but i use it as a night treatment.

The only moisturizer that helps me is Complex 15. It soothes my skin a lot. Fragrances and such irritate it to high hell in the winter. Complex 15 has none at all.

Atopalm and L'occitaine's ultra moisturising care are the only things I can use when my skin is really sensitive.

Clinique 3 step + Nivea cream + Clinique Super City Sunblock SPF25 is what I use. It helps me a lot, but can't say it's a miracle cure. I just have not found anything better, and I've tried many other options including Kanebo, Chanel, Lush.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif so far, the only face moisturizer that works for me is Weleda's almond cream. their calendula cream is also good but i use it as a night treatment. I just happened to hold a box with Weleda`s cream today at our local natural health store. But do you know whether they have several versions of almond creams-- for dry/regular versus combo skin types?I hold one called "intensive care/cream " or something similar to that. They didn`t have another kind. Does this cream help to prevent or diminish skin redness caused by enviroment? Can you pls also tell what skin type are you (oily, dry or combo)? Sorry for so many questions
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only moisturizer that helps me is Complex 15. It soothes my skin a lot. Fragrances and such irritate it to high hell in the winter. Complex 15 has none at all. I don`t think we have this one overhere. Or should I look for it only in farmacy stores?

Originally Posted by igor /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just happened to hold a box with Weleda`s cream today at our local natural health store. But do you know whether they have several versions of almond creams-- for dry/regular versus combo skin types?I hold one called "intensive care/cream " or something similar to that. They didn`t have another kind. Does this cream help to prevent or diminish skin redness caused by enviroment? Can you pls also tell what skin type are you (oily, dry or combo)? Sorry for so many questions
frown.gif

they have a hydrating cream (version i have) and a richer version. i have a combo skin. i do think it helps to calm down redness caused by environment, though i must admit it could do a better job for my nose (i carry a bad cold and am regularly using a kleenex). but my skin is really moisturized and my cheeks weren't red at the end of the day, and my skin was also matte
rockwoot.gif
. considering my skin is prone to dehydration and dryness on the cheeks during winter, i think this one does a good job for my problematic skin lol.
i've just browsed their website and they say the rich version is more for sensitive skins prone to dryness (the hydrating version, according to them, can in this case be used during summer). i suggest you try it, it is a great cream and the scent is nice and delicate. a thing to know is the tube might seem little as it contains 30 ml, but you really don't need much each time as the texture spreads really easily on the skin.

they also have an almond based oil, maybe you could put a few drops on your skin before applying your cream, that's what i do sometimes as a little treat for my cheeks.

i odn't know about you, but the cream is kinda cheap here, only a few more euros than one you would get at the supermarket, so i considered it was a good enough investment.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif they have a hydrating cream (version i have) and a richer version. i have a combo skin. i do think it helps to calm down redness caused by environment, though i must admit it could do a better job for my nose (i carry a bad cold and am regularly using a kleenex). but my skin is really moisturized and my cheeks weren't red at the end of the day, and my skin was also matte
rockwoot.gif
. considering my skin is prone to dehydration and dryness on the cheeks during winter, i think this one does a good job for my problematic skin lol.
i've just browsed their website and they say the rich version is more for sensitive skins prone to dryness (the hydrating version, according to them, can in this case be used during summer). i suggest you try it, it is a great cream and the scent is nice and delicate. a thing to know is the tube might seem little as it contains 30 ml, but you really don't need much each time as the texture spreads really easily on the skin.

they also have an almond based oil, maybe you could put a few drops on your skin before applying your cream, that's what i do sometimes as a little treat for my cheeks.

i odn't know about you, but the cream is kinda cheap here, only a few more euros than one you would get at the supermarket, so i considered it was a good enough investment.

Thank you! Unfortunatelly, in my local health store, they are missing the "hydro" version of almond cream and I`m not sure whether the richer version wouldn`t be too "rich" for my skin(mine is combo too). I`ll try to look for it in other places

i don't know either, i've had a bad experience in the past which rich creams, so i always go for light ones.

Back