ack i spent more money than i had planned today....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i went out today to get a new boombox for laying out in the sun or outside this summer, so i got a philips boombox that plays mp3 cds (which most of mycds are)

well i got home tried it and well if a song had over 20 characters in the mp3 name it would skip so i got pissed and took it back.

i ended up getting the boombox i wanted a couple years ago

it's a sony psyc it has that atrac3plus thing where you can put like 500 songs on one cd. I have the discman like that so i already have some cds burned like that.

this boombox has a remote and it's really nice got great sound quality.

I usually use my discman with my stereo since i play mostly mp3 cds so i am constantly bringing my discman from the car into the house or anywhere else i go since i like to have my music with me.

well i am in love with my radio lol and here i thought i'd only be using it outside lol

not anymore lol my discman will get some much needed rest lol.

7022866_ra.jpg

7022866rca.jpg

ok i shouldn't have gotten this one but the one sony one that i reaaaaaaaaaally wanted was like 150 bucks and there is no way i could justify paying 150 bucks on a portable radio.

Originally Posted by Liz you don't want like an ipod or something? i have a 6gig mp3 player, i need to get it fixed but another thing is if i put my music on cd i don't have to worry about it lol it's there forever shit can happen to an mp3 player and stuff. if i had an mp3 player that worked i'd still have to hook it up to a boombox to play it outside (like idid with my mp3 player when it was working). so why not just get a boombox that plays mp3's since i don't like using headphones when i am laying in the sun. i don't want white ears or lines on my face or bod from the wires.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Ooh an iPod would be so nice! I like that you can buy speakers for it. But still, that boombox looks cute! b4 i spend another 200 bucks on another mp3 player i am going to see if i can get mine fixed.it's been in my drawer since it stopped working right
frown.gif
i was devistated when that happend. when i got this one there were no ipods and i am not a fan of the apple company so i would probably get another mp3 player from the company that i got my original one from.

actually i could still use my mp3 player i'd just have to use batteries or charge the batteries in another seperate charger the recharger plug area is what doesn't work anymore it actually drains the batteries instead of charging them. i just am too lazy to use regular battieries and other rechargeables lol but i could if i wanted to

Originally Posted by Charmaine Which kind is yours? I have the Creative Zen Xtra and even if I can't attach speakers to it, I still love it. it's an archos brand, my uncle had given it to me when he couldn't use it. it came in handy when i got a new computer since it's a portable hard drive i was able to move all the stuff that i used daily onto the new computer with it.

nice "boombox"! that's so funny it's called that.

i just bought my sis a pink mini ipod and i don't think i could listen to the same songs over and over. i love my personal radio.

Originally Posted by Jennifer nice "boombox"! that's so funny it's called that.
i just bought my sis a pink mini ipod and i don't think i could listen to the same songs over and over. i love my personal radio.

on my mp3 player i had like 2000 songs on it i didnt listen to the same stuff all the time cus i usually put it on shuffle and went thru everything. but with the cds i make i get a few hundred songs on each cd so it's not like i listen tto the same things but i do like the option of listening to the radio or the cds while i am outside.

I bought my husband a mp3 player and he is only using it when he work outs and studies. He still like to have his cds just in case
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 on my mp3 player i had like 2000 songs on it i didnt listen to the same stuff all the time cus i usually put it on shuffle and went thru everything. but with the cds i make i get a few hundred songs on each cd so it's not like i listen tto the same things but i do like the option of listening to the radio or the cds while i am outside.

Originally Posted by lilla I bought my husband a mp3 player and he is only using it when he work outs and studies. He still like to have his cds just in case
wink.gif
i like having my music on cd at least if something happens with my computer or something i have back ups lol but i LOVE this radio i bought. it's frickin great.

That's a nice one, I should invest in another ~ the one in my kitchen is horrible.. Hey Ang, You're back....where ya been lately? Haven't seen much of you!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* That's a nice one, I should invest in another ~ the one in my kitchen is horrible.. Hey Ang, You're back....where ya been lately? Haven't seen much of you!
tongue.gif
just hadn't been visiting message boards much, been doing other things. (like i said in the other thread) i have my messengers listed and i know my email is on here so if i ever pull a disapearing act ya'll can find me somewhere lol i know Janelle has my messenger sign on (at least i think she does anyway)
but the radio was like 80 bucks it has a digital tuner and you can preset like 20 fm stations and 10 am stations it plays cds and cd-r and cd -rw's as well as mp3s and it has a remote!!! how frickin cool is that. boomboxes have come along way since my first one let me tell ya lol.

$80 is a good price....yep, they've come a long way...Janelle's been buggin' me to get Sirius Satellite Radio...May do that, they got an all ELVIS channel, I'd be in my glory!!! ha ha...
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* $80 is a good price....yep, they've come a long way...Janelle's been buggin' me to get Sirius Satellite Radio...May do that, they got an all ELVIS channel, I'd be in my glory!!! ha ha...
tongue.gif
my friend has XM and really likes it.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 on my mp3 player i had like 2000 songs on it i didnt listen to the same stuff all the time cus i usually put it on shuffle and went thru everything. but with the cds i make i get a few hundred songs on each cd so it's not like i listen tto the same things but i do like the option of listening to the radio or the cds while i am outside. oh, yeah, but i don't know. i just like radios much better. i need to hear other people talking, like commericials and talk radio lol

Originally Posted by Jennifer oh, yeah, but i don't know. i just like radios much better. i need to hear other people talking, like commericials and talk radio lol i listen to talk radio here too. not hte boring talk radio lol but a station that is pretty cool.

Originally Posted by ximmaspecial1x That is way frickin cool!! I want it! lol. My "boombox" that I have in my room has a remote, but all it does is change the stations and press play and pause and stop on the cd. I still have to get up to turn it on and off, and to mess with the volume. how lame right?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I really want to get the one that you got now! too bad my birthday is still 4 months away
icon_frown.gif
yea you can do pretty much everything with the remote for my radio. turn it on and off select the shuffle or repeat play modes this radio was a bit cheaper than the sony one i wanted b4 (that one is over a hundred bucks) but i do really like this one. this one will be great this summer outside. and when ya unplug it your presets don't get erased!!! i love that lol

Latest posts

Back