acne on ears??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I think I have some acne on the back side of my ear, on the back of the cartilage bowl part of the ear. At least I think it is acne. I can't see it because it is in such a weird place, but it is an awful painful bump. has anyone else ever gotten acne on the back of your ears, and what on earth I can I do to get rid of it and prevent it???

I occasionally get acne on my earlobes, on the front and back ... but not often enough that I do anything to prevent it (plus I worry that acne medication may not be good for pierced ears!) It can get a little painful, so you're not alone!

Maybe a shampoo or conditioner that you are using could be irritating the skin causing the bump? Maybe keep a close eye on it and see if it gets any better. I've heard that ears are very common places for skin cancer (I'm not saying that's what you have) but I just have known some people where they have discovered that because they had something wierd on or behind their ear.

Skin cancer?? That's a little frightening. It seems like such an odd place for skin cancer.

I'm really hoping that it isn't my shampoo or conditioner. I like the ones I'm using now and I don't want to switch.

I hope it gets better soon!!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Maybe a shampoo or conditioner that you are using could be irritating the skin causing the bump? Maybe keep a close eye on it and see if it gets any better. I've heard that ears are very common places for skin cancer (I'm not saying that's what you have) but I just have known some people where they have discovered that because they had something wierd on or behind their ear.

At first I thought it might be an irritated piercing. I never thought about acne products irritating piercings. hmmm... I guess just gentle soap and water for me.

Originally Posted by girl_geek I occasionally get acne on my earlobes, on the front and back ... but not often enough that I do anything to prevent it (plus I worry that acne medication may not be good for pierced ears!) It can get a little painful, so you're not alone!

Did you ever or do you now have that part of your ear pierced? I used to and I get little bumps ever so often. I dont have them for very long but they do bother me, especially when I am blow drying my hair.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Hi all! I think I have some acne on the back side of my ear, on the back of the cartilage bowl part of the ear. At least I think it is acne. I can't see it because it is in such a weird place, but it is an awful painful bump. has anyone else ever gotten acne on the back of your ears, and what on earth I can I do to get rid of it and prevent it??? I've gotten those back-of-the-ear zits a few times -- it's kinda weird, huh?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm guilty for popping them. I don't think there's much to be worried about, unless it's larger than a normal pimple or if it's a frequent problem. Treat it as you would a regular breakout. Do you have a good acne treatment that you use normally?

Have you recently got them or do you always get them? Could be from a product that you recently started using.

I've gotten pimples and blackheads on the inner part of my ear and on the cartilidge. They really do hurt! I've actually gone and gotten the blackheads extracted. I'd suggest making sure that you wash with antibacterial soap or your face wash. I think we ignore our ears a lot and when you wash your hair, all that grime is coming out onto your ears and can probably cause acne I would think!

Latest posts

Back