Acne Treatment and Serious Skin Care

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Acne is the most common skin disease. Nearly 17 million people in the United States have it. People of all races and ages get acne. But it is most common in teenagers and young adults. Nearly 85 percent of people between the ages of 12 and 24 get acne. For most people, acne goes away by age 30. But some people in their forties and fifties still get acne

Acne is a disease that affects the skin's oil glands. The small holes in your skin (pores) connect to oil glands under the skin. These glands make an oily substance called sebum. The pores connect to the glands by a canal called a follicle. Inside the follicles, oil carries dead skin cells to the surface of the skin. A thin hair also grows through the follicle and out to the skin. When the follicle of a skin gland clogs up, a pimple grows.

Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Acne is not a serious health threat but, it can cause scars.

Sometimes, the hair, sebum, and skin cells clump together into a plug. The bacteria in the plug causes swelling. Then when the plug starts to break down, a pimple grows.

There are many types of pimples. The most common types are:

• Whiteheads. These are pimples that stay under the surface of the skin.
  • Blackheads. These pimples rise to the skin's surface and look black. The black color is not from dirt.
  • Papules. These are small pink bumps that can be tender.
  • Pustules. These pimples are red at the bottom and have pus on top.
  • Nodules. These are large, painful, solid pimples that are deep in the skin.
  • Cysts. These deep, painful, pus-filled pimples can cause scars.

I agree with you. Teenage are the most sufferer who usually face this type of problem. I would like to suggest to all teenage to drink as much water as they can. Although some cases are the result of Hormonal problem but if they drink more water they would easily avoid worst situation.

I apply lavender oil. Do NOT use toothpaste!!! I did, and it left a huge scar. If that has happened to you, use lavender oil on it twice a day. It slowly fades the scar

Thanks for the info. I have to wash my face twice a day and take my makeup off each night or I will break out. My skin stays clear most of the time though, just have to keep it clean.

Well, I don't think you can see in my profile pic, but... I hate pimples. Can't stand them so, thank you for these tips. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by ms mew mew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I apply lavender oil. Do NOT use toothpaste!!! I did, and it left a huge scar. If that has happened to you, use lavender oil on it twice a day. It slowly fades the scar

Did lavender oil stop the pimples coming back?

I use Kojic Papaya soap, L'opulent Blemish cream, I take Glutathione to remove toxins out of my body and drink lots of water.  

Find these products and its very cheap. You can directly contact the distributor and ask her questions before ordering online. She can give you options.

http://royalebeauty.yolasite.com

Quote: Originally Posted by skincare /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Acne is not a serious health threat but, it can cause scars.
These are too scary.... I don't like even a single acne on my body... 
sick.gif

I haven't tried any of these oils but would like to... This is not promoting the company but I have to say... I tried... Oasis Beauty’s knock out and straight up serum and cream, these are specifically for acne and aging skin. They were astounding. They are cruelty free and also... They work like magic. Not oily, greasy and heavy. I didn't even realise I was wearing any, and I only needed to use a minuscule amount!!! I'll give the link, all you need to do is search in straight up or knock out, whatever one. They are cruelty free and soooo rock!!! The link is... http://www.oasisbeauty.co.nz/afawcs0153593/Home.html PS, they have light feeling BB creams. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully this helps anyone in need! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back