Acorn Squash With Butter Pecan Sauce

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff>Acorn Squash With Butter Pecan Sauce

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Perfect for buffet serving, this attractive squash dish goes well with pork, ham or turkey. Enjoy it when squash is at its best

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Ingredients:

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>2</TD><TD>acorn squash</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1/4</TD><TD>cup butter or margarine</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1/4</TD><TD>cup firmly packed brown sugar</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>2</TD><TD>tablespoons maple-flavored syrup</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1/4</TD><TD>cup coarsely chopped pecans</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Preparation Directions:

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>1.</TD><TD vAlign=top>Heat oven to 350°F. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Cut squash halves crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; cover with foil.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>2.</TD><TD vAlign=top>Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until almost tender.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>3.</TD><TD vAlign=top>Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and pecans. Cook just until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>4.</TD><TD vAlign=top>Remove squash from oven. Spoon pecan mixture over squash. Return to oven; bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is tender, spooning pecan mixture occasionally over squash.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mmm, ill have to try it with the pecans. BF loves acron squash. i dont like killing practically killing myself when i try to drive a knife into them!

Originally Posted by haloinrverse mmm, ill have to try it with the pecans. BF loves acron squash. i dont like killing practically killing myself when i try to drive a knife into them! I love it too! My mom used to make it just like this recipe, to me it was almost like dessert. I went a head and invested in a good Chefs knife with a sharpening steel a few years ago, I've never been able to do a good job at sharpening it myself but my hubby can get it razor sharp, they say it's better to use a sharp knife then one that is dull, that way you don't have to hack and saw at whatever your cutting, just have to be really careful at handling it when it's that sharp, I've learned that the hard way more then once
icon_redface.gif

im spastic about sharpening my knives regularly, and i dont trust anyone else to do it. i pop into the culinary department of the school i went to and use their sharpening stone. lol. no way is the kid at home depot who does lawn mower blades going to touch my knives!

the honing steel does a good job of keeping the knife in "true," but i need to sharpen them every month or so.

i need to get a little rubber mallet for splitting stuff like squash and coconuts.

Back