Actress Longoria Tops Maxim Hot 100 List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope that I am not being petty but I don't think that she is all that.

Eva Longoria of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" tops Maxim magazine's sixth annual Hot 100 list of the most successful women of the year in film, television, music, sports and fashion.

Evangeline Lilly ("Lost") is in the No. 2 spot, followed by Jennifer Garner, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba, Rachel Bilson ("The O.C."), Angelina Jolie, Brittany Murphy, Jessica Simpson and Sara Foster.

"These are the women whose names are on the lips of people the world over, whose careers are headed for the dizziest heights and whose looks will scorch the back off your retina," Maxim Editor-in-Chief Ed Needham said in a statement Tuesday.

Longoria, who ranked No. 91 on the 2004 list, said her selection for the top spot was "incredible."

"This year has been amazing for me," the 30-year-old actress said in a statement.

Tom Cruise's girlfriend, Katie Holmes, made her debut on the list at No. 22.

The Hot 100 also includes Ashanti (No. 13), Paris Hilton (No. 20), Anna Kournikova (No. 29), Avril Lavigne (No. 36), Halle Berry (No. 41) and Jennifer Aniston (No. 88).

Selections were made by the editors.

Longoria I can agree with ... but Avril Lavigne?
confused.gif
I wouldn't think of her as 'hot' or sex symbol. Or is this just on power/fame/$$??

argh. i thought she was cute at first, but she's starting to get on my nerves. it's like she's everywhere and she looks like a little mole or something. lol

I saw this on TV & don't know what to make of this. I still can't believe she beat out Halle Berry & Angelina Jolie. Her fame has sky-rocketed practically overnight so I hope she doesn't crash & burn.

What is it about this woman that men are drooling over? She looks like a regular, average woman. I see nothing extraordinarily gorgeous about her. And what's with all these actresses chopping off their hair as soon as they hit it "big"? I think she looked much better when the show first premiered as opposed to now.

I think it's b/c she's a petite BRUNETTE w/a savage body. If it were some busty blonde playing Gabrielle, I don't think they'd be catapulted into the kind of stardom Eva has.

I also think the character Eva plays is the seductive housewife banging an underage boy. Teri Hatcher's character is supposed to be the "breakout" star, but Susan's a bit boring compared to Gabrielle.

Very few knew Eva when she was on The Young & The Restless, but she had the same savage body & was quite evil. She hasn't changed much in terms of looks, but now that she's moved into primetime, she's beyond a household name.

yea, i don't see what's the big deal about her either. she's pretty but i dont think the top is her spot. but oh well.

Latest posts

Back