additional Birchbox accounts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have read that some people receive more than one Birchbox. I am thinking about signing up for another one. How do I do this? Do I use a different email address? For those that get more than one, do you get the same stuff in each BB? I want to sign up for another one but would like to receive different products. Do you have different things in your profile? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Toni

Yes, use a different email.

This is the 4th month I've had two accounts, and I get two different boxes, so far.  I have my profiles set to almost exactly the opposite on most questions.  Like for one I think my splurge is on skin care, and on the other it's set for the perfect foundation.  One says classic, the other adventurous, etc. I kept the age and hair color and things like that the same, though.

On the other hand, I think I've seen people post that they have set their profiles to completely different and STILL get identical boxes, so it could be just a gamble.

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read that some people receive more than one Birchbox. I am thinking about signing up for another one. How do I do this? Do I use a different email address? For those that get more than one, do you get the same stuff in each BB? I want to sign up for another one but would like to receive different products. Do you have different things in your profile? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Toni
Yes, use a different email. To attempt to get different box contents do completely different profiles. It doesn't always work though as my three daughters, who each have different profiles, are getting exactly the same box this month.

I've been lucky so far and gotten different stuff for the past two months. But I do think it is just a gamble. This month I got two repeat items: tanning wipes and stainiac.

Oh yeah, I have had the same product in both boxes more than one time, but so far haven't had two of the same box.

I got Dr. Jart BB cream in both last month, theBalm Staniac in both this month (think every box had that this month), etc.  

One time, I got a day cream in one, and a night cream in the other, same month! lol

I have had my main acct from nearly the beginning of BB, and I opened a second acct last year. My profiles are COMPLETELY different, even my annual income is way different. I have gotten near-identical boxes in the past and also very different boxes. This month is the first time I've gotten the EXACT SAME box on both accts. It sucks but it's not like I don't know that it can happen. It has made me wonder just how much they actually take our profiles into account though.

This might be a dumb question...but can the same cc/debit card be used for both accounts?  Or will I have to hijack my boyfriends to get a second box?  
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This might be a dumb question...but can the same cc/debit card be used for both accounts?  Or will I have to hijack my boyfriends to get a second box?  
icon_lol.gif
Yes, it can!  I've used the same card for three different accounts.  You cannot combine points across the accounts anymore, though, so if you're buying things, you might want to pick one as your "main" account to keep all of the purchase points on.

Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  Now, I just hope I didn't wait too long to open another, that way I can get two of the July/Glamour boxes!  But if I'm thinking right, one might end up being a "welcome" box.

I double-dog dare someone to put identical profiles on their two subs...if you didn't get the same box at least once every couple of months, then we'd know they don't totally use those profiles!

I'm debating getting a second BB and drop Glossybox if they don't make it easy to re-sign up after this weird "on hold" matter.  Plus, I recently signed up for an annual BB subscription. I'm curious to see if the same profile for a monthly box gets different and/or better items than the annual sub.  I put my second email on the waitlist, so we'll see.

I'd love to get a second box this month as I'm kinda meh about box #8, but still BB has been good.  I'm easy to please, really.

I double-dog dare someone to put identical profiles on their two subs...if you didn't get the same box at least once every couple of months, then we'd know they don't totally use those profiles! I'm debating getting a second BB and drop Glossybox if they don't make it easy to re-sign up after this weird "on hold" matter.  Plus, I recently signed up for an annual BB subscription. I'm curious to see if the same profile for a monthly box gets different and/or better items than the annual sub.  I put my second email on the waitlist, so we'll see. I'd love to get a second box this month as I'm kinda meh about box #8, but still BB has been good.  I'm easy to please, really.
I'll bite! I have two very different profiles and just got two identical boxes, so how much worse off could I be? I will set my second account up to be a dupe of my first and post the results here. Although my first account is an annual and the second is monthly, so that might have an impact as you suggested.

I think you should just hijack your boyfriend's card. You could probably even talk him into paying for it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_lol.gif

We've gone over this a bunch and I honestly think they take age and income into account.They are providing a service to the cosmetic companies, too, and what they want, I bet, is age and income.

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have had my main acct from nearly the beginning of BB, and I opened a second acct last year. My profiles are COMPLETELY different, even my annual income is way different. I have gotten near-identical boxes in the past and also very different boxes. This month is the first time I've gotten the EXACT SAME box on both accts. It sucks but it's not like I don't know that it can happen. It has made me wonder just how much they actually take our profiles into account though.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you should just hijack your boyfriend's card. You could probably even talk him into paying for it
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Oh gosh...that'd be like pulling teeth with him.  He doesn't understand the fun of the one box I'm receiving now, but maybe I could talk him into buying a 3 or 6-month sub as an "early birthday present."  I would honestly settle for that...haha.

This is the second month that I received duplicate boxes for both of my subscriptions. My profiles are completely different except for age and income.

Ugh...I'm super disappointed with the second BB I'm getting.  Using the Feedback method, I am to receive box 21, which contains Maqueology Pore MInimizing Mask, Melvita Floral Water, Balm Stainiac, CR Bandaids, Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume (OMG, I am about to go apeshit on them for sending me a perfume yet again - I freaking HATE the scents they send!!  I am the MOST picky person when it comes to scents!!!).  I feel like this is one of the lowest value boxes, and it doesn't make me feel any better that people who received the Floral Water and Stainiac got way more goodies than I did.  If this was the only BB I was getting for this month, I would be super livid...my first box contained an eyeko eyeliner stick, Staniac, Comodynes, Moisturizer, and those tili bags (a much better, higher valued box IMO).  Overall, quite displeased with BB # 2.

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh yeah, I have had the same product in both boxes more than one time, but so far haven't had two of the same box.

I got Dr. Jart BB cream in both last month, theBalm Staniac in both this month (think every box had that this month), etc.  

One time, I got a day cream in one, and a night cream in the other, same month! lol
That's hilarious--same thing happened to me.  Double Dr. Jart last month, double Staniacs this month.  Last month I also got the ojon conditioner in one box and the ojon shampoo in another--but so far, I haven't gotten two of the same boxes (fingers crossed it stays that way).  Overall, I love having 2 accounts (well technically 3 -- my bf has BBM on my main account, but those are totally different) -- for $20, I'm gonna hate some of the stuff, but I'm probably going to love at least one or two things and probably will get at least one or two full size items.  For me, that's a win. 

I haven't gotten into the trading because I like to give my younger sister things I don't like/want, but I probably should get around to that eventually...

I am not sure how I messed up but now it appears I am in fact getting two different boxes, at least when I go in and look under the "my box" section of the birchbox site. I received box 7 today and supposedly will get box 6 tomorrow.

Has anyone tried to sign up for a second account recently? How long did it take you to get the invitation email so you could sign up? I tried to sign up in May for a second June one but missed it, it's into June now and no email yet with an invitation code. I've checked my spam folder for the email I signed up with for the second one and there's nothing from Birchbox there. I'm wondering if it's just me or if everyone's having trouble getting in. I don't want to miss out on July! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back