Advice about item sold and might be missing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I sold some stuff on LJ and sent everything out. One girl said she hasn't received her eye shadow and it's been 3 weeks now. I offered to get a DC for an extra $0.45 but she didn't pay for it. So I sent it out. It was well packaged in a little bubble wrap envelope.

So I don't know what to do since I've never run into this before even though I sell on ebay and have sold other things and swapped.

Do I refund her the $$? or half? or say F* it, you didn't buy a DC or insurance.

Originally Posted by Liz

I sold some stuff on LJ and sent everything out. One girl said she hasn't received her eye shadow and it's been 3 weeks now. I offered to get a DC for an extra $0.45 but she didn't pay for it. So I sent it out. It was well packaged in a little bubble wrap envelope.
So I don't know what to do since I've never run into this before even though I sell on ebay and have sold other things and swapped.

Do I refund her the $$? or half? or say F* it, you didn't buy a DC or insurance.

what's a DC again?

Originally Posted by Liz

delivery confirmation

Ahh, I would always do that anyhow. In fact, I would just shipt it UPS if I could most of the time.

Yeah - if it's in the US - I usually send FedEx Ground... cheap enough and you get a DC automatically. But I would say that since she didn't opt for the DC, that you'll refund half - that seems fair... ?
icon_wink.gif

well, it was just one eye shadow pan for like $13 or something. so it kind of has to be post office because people don't want to spend a lot of money on shipping.

Originally Posted by Liz well, it was just one eye shadow pan for like $13 or something. so it kind of has to be post office because people don't want to spend a lot of money on shipping. oooh... well she should've went for the DC.. I mean, what's another 45 cents?
icon_rolleyes.gif

it's like who knows if she's lying. i know i shipped it out. she didn't get the DC. it's not my fault if it got lost in the mail. i don't to give back the money. lol

but then it's not her fault either.

dang. this sucks either way
frown.gif

as much as it sucks, i wouldn't refund the money. from now on, if you have established, good feedback, which i'm sure you do, you make sure you note that if you don't pay for insurance/DC, it's not your responsibility once it's not in your hands. every seller i've bought things from, cosmetics or not, have all noted this.

Originally Posted by Liz it's like who knows if she's lying. i know i shipped it out. she didn't get the DC. it's not my fault if it got lost in the mail. i don't to give back the money. lol
but then it's not her fault either.

dang. this sucks either way
frown.gif

yeah... I know what you mean. Is there a feedback thing to check if she's lied before? See if there's past experiences where she "didn't get the item" ??
icon_wink.gif
I would either do a 1/2 refund or nothing... I don't think I'd give a full refund.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 yeah... I know what you mean. Is there a feedback thing to check if she's lied before? See if there's past experiences where she "didn't get the item" ??
icon_wink.gif
I would either do a 1/2 refund or nothing... I don't think I'd give a full refund. I suggest this too. There are some sneaky girls on LJ.

I know where this girl is coming from though Liz coz i bought items from RenaeLovesMAC & they never arrived so i'm out $22. I was in contact with her all the time til June to let her know the package still had not arrived but then she vanished so basically she's ripped me off now.

I was expecting to be refunded even half the money so i think that's what might be the right thing to do here. Although saying that, she never offered to get DC or insurance for me but you did ask your girl, right?

Wow- This is a sticky one. I always use a DC unless its international since i was told by my post office that Delivery Confirmation is not available to places like Singapore, Canada etc.. I always offer insurance too, at the buyers expense. Since you DID offer a DC and she refused, then, well, you can't do much about it. I am sure you have a receipt that you shipped out the item, see if you can scan it in then email a copy to her. Other then that, I dont think you are responsible. You never know either if it DID get there. I've been ripped off before its not fun. You did your part so why are you responsible if a package doesn't arrive? You offered choices to prevent and or assist in case it did happen, your buyer refused.. oh WELL.
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by Liz I sold some stuff on LJ and sent everything out. One girl said she hasn't received her eye shadow and it's been 3 weeks now. I offered to get a DC for an extra $0.45 but she didn't pay for it. So I sent it out. It was well packaged in a little bubble wrap envelope.

What's LJ? At any rate....I always ship w/ DC whether they ask or not. If you prepare a label on the USPS website & pay w/ a debit or credit card it is included for Priority Mail. That's the lowest service I use b/c I work w/ the postal service EVERY DAY and they stink! I'd prefer to use UPS, but they're expensive.
I personally might refund 1/2 the money just b/c I'm paranoid about getting bad feedback (on Ebay).....

I'd tell her to give it another week and if it doesn't arrive you'll refund 1/2 her money.....I have packages that ship and don't arrive for 3-4 weeks. Even though it's a small envelope if the markings weren't prominent indicating the service level, it may have been processed at a BULK MAIL facility which takes way longer.

Hope this helps!

Melissa

Melissa

Hey Melissa,

LJ stands for LiveJournal. I think its another make-up forum. I tried to join once but i got lost signing up!

Originally Posted by Laura Hey Melissa,
LJ stands for LiveJournal. I think its another make-up forum. I tried to join once but i got lost signing up!

I'm familiar w/ LiveJournal. I wasn't aware you had the ability to sell items through LJ!! - Thanks for the info.
Mel

Originally Posted by eightthirty I'm familiar w/ LiveJournal. I wasn't aware you had the ability to sell items through LJ!! - Thanks for the info.
Mel

Hi Eight, its a portion called MACSWAPSALE that i know of. I dont belong to it either, but i know people who do. Anything i want to swap/sale, i just list here now. Its much easier and there isn't a swaptawk board about MuT.. thank god.

OK, I'll tell her to wait another week to see if it shows up. I'll also take a pic of the reciept for her to show that I mailed it. If it doesn't, I guess I'll give her back 1/2 of what she paid.
icon_confused.gif

it wasn't that she refused to buy the DC. I posted in the sale that a DC would be an extra $0.45 but she didn't add the $0.45 so she didn't get one.

Originally Posted by Liz OK, I'll tell her to wait another week to see if it shows up. I'll also take a pic of the reciept for her to show that I mailed it. If it doesn't, I guess I'll give her back 1/2 of what she paid.
icon_confused.gif

it wasn't that she refused to buy the DC. I posted in the sale that a DC would be an extra $0.45 but she didn't add the $0.45 so she didn't get one.

yeah, but it was offered. i wouldn't refund half, although i'd want someone to do the same for me. if you show her the receipt, she knows you didn't take the money and then just not send her item out. that's how it works. if you're (in general) not happy with it, then don't buy things online. when you do it online, there are some risks you gotta take.

Originally Posted by MacForMe Wow- This is a sticky one. I always use a DC unless its international since i was told by my post office that Delivery Confirmation is not available to places like Singapore, Canada etc.. I always offer insurance too, at the buyers expense. Since you DID offer a DC and she refused, then, well, you can't do much about it. I am sure you have a receipt that you shipped out the item, see if you can scan it in then email a copy to her. Other then that, I dont think you are responsible. You never know either if it DID get there. I've been ripped off before its not fun. You did your part so why are you responsible if a package doesn't arrive? You offered choices to prevent and or assist in case it did happen, your buyer refused.. oh WELL.
icon_frown.gif
I agree!!!!!I dont think its your fault,sometimes this stuff happens and she should know that,especially since she didnt get the DC.sucks but you should see what happens.

Latest posts

Back