Advice - my outer eye corner just decimates all makeup. What to do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of the updates @@Bhevarri, loving to read about all of this in hopes that some of it could help me as well. Sticking with the eyelash idea I thought that maybe applying a less-dramatic lower-lash false eyelash band to the lower lashes might work. Like one that fans out at the outer corner of the eye, I fell if you were to apply it super close to your lash line that might work. Personally for me that is too much for everyday, but you could give it a shot if you wanted! I also thought of maybe applying a mattifying (not sure how to spell that really) face primer right in that spot might help as well. Good luck!
Oooh, the lower lashes idea is nice! Or just a little segment of lashes right at the end maybe. That could be cool!

I did actually give a go at dramatically avoiding this outer corner today - I used tape to create a right angle so that I had a nice even guide to keep all my makeup away from the outer corner and it turned out great I think! I think it looks a lot better with the lower winged liner added in as well, it looked sort of plain and weird before I added that, so I may actually start going to this look as my default in the future! 

Took me about 8 minutes to get the stupid tape even, but that wasn't too bad :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So if I can't manage to keep products in place in this area, at least I know that I have alternatives that do look snazzy as well :3 

GFpLD9X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice makeup!!

Touch up a few hours later if you cant find a way.

Do u have watery eyes or its sweat?
My eyes are a tad watery, though I do not know whether it's excessive or anything. Sweat isn't an issue, the oiliness of my skin is really the chief problem! 

Nice pearlecent shadow. Which is this?

Your brow...what happened to it?
The eyeshadow on my lid is Hi-Fi Cosmetics "Pixies" (looks like this shop is not in business anymore)

On my inner corner, I have Benefit High Beam patted on and blended out. Was what what you meant? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My eyebrow - It gets tiresome trying to explain this sort of thing to people after so many years. It's just a scar from a serious injury, let's leave it at that.

It's also not terribly polite to ask stuff like that, I have to say.

I really don't want to sound mean or anything. It's just tiresome, and I don't always feel like answering questions like that. Especially since it's such a long story.

So pretty! I think it looks great!
Thank you!! I was actually quite pleased with it. Starting out, I was worried it would look odd but it did indeed turn out looking good! I do think I will prioritize looks like this over trying to find makeup that will stay - at least I know I can make it look good!

So sorry girl

Sometimes people cant imagine whats behind something.

So dont expect people know every detail.

They just ask.

Although sorry if i was rude to you.

So sorry girl

Sometimes people cant imagine whats behind something.

So dont expect people know every detail.

They just ask.

Although sorry if i was rude to you.
I know it's not meant in a mean way at all, just be aware that sometimes asking about things like that might force someone to think about the traumatic experience that created it (if that is their situation), so I always think it's best to leave that alone until you know someone pretty well.

I've had six years of random strangers asking me how I got this or that scar, and it definitely gets old. I don't want to have to talk about it with strangers. 

I just wanted to make sure you know that questions like that could bother some people, that's all. 

Hey @Bhevarri 😁
I think I may know what's causing this. I have it too and it's taken me 14 years to find out the cause.
Your post here is over 5 years old, are you even still having this problem now?
Let me know & I'll explain what my doctor told me was happening.

I will, however, do some experimenting with different products and techniques, your post has made me think MAYBE I have missed something that could work for me! I am not holding my breath, but I will post here with results!

I will, however, do some experimenting with different products and techniques, your post has made me think MAYBE I have missed something that could work for me! I am not holding my breath, but I will post here with results!
That's great! Will you share the results, good or bad?

I think I may know what's causing this. I have it too and it's taken me 14 years to find out the cause.

Back