Advice on getting pregnant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I NEVER thought I would say it. I am the most suprised person out of all. But...... at the ripe old age of 38 I have finally found a man I adore and want a child with him.

We've not used any contraception for about a month and nothing has happened yet. I know Im being very impatient.

Is there anything that I can do to help the process along. I read once that Folic Acid is supposed to be taken. Why is this.

Also being relaxed and not stressed (of which I have been of late for a few reasons)

Any pointers would be great.

Thank you

Ok, let's start.

Getting pregnant is not as easy as films and books try to imply. As a matter of fact, you have only a 25% chance (more or less) of getting pregnant every cycle. And that's why we only consider a couple with troubles of conception when after a year and start searching for the cause after 2 years.

The folic acid is a basic nutrient for dna and various structures formation, including the correct closing of the spine and head - and since the formation of that part of the embryo is on the beginning of the pregnancy, it's important to take folic acid BEFORE getting pregnant, because if you discover yourself pregnant after 2 months, that critical period already has passed , so the folic acid won't influence.

And don't worry so much - more stress makes everything harder to happen. There's a lot of cases of women who had trouble conceiveing that adopt a child and after that get pregnant, because they're not worrying anymore

Thanks, thats a great help. Whatever will be will be. Ill start taking the Folic Acid straight away.

Something I forgot to add. Ever since my periods started when I was 13 my cycle has never been regular. I can go 2 months or 3 without a period, then have one. They never last more than 3 days. I was on the pill years ago which regulated them but obviously I dont want to be on that now.

Do you think a trip to the Doctor would be a good idea. Maybe they can give me something to make them more regular.

Yup, definately! The doc can give all the info and orientation you might need for this period of your life!

Back