advise needed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A lot of the time, i will look in the mirror and all i see is ugly...my friends and family tell me i'm not but i think "well they have to, they are my family and friends" i recently got out of a relationship that lasted 13 months with a guy and he ended it by telling me everythin he hated about me, even though he didn't say anything about my looks, it makes me wonder if he really did ever think i was pretty. he used to tell me i was but i just can't be sure anymore. anyway, just any tips on how to feel pretty again would be appreciated..

Being overweight all my life, I can so relate to this. Now that I have lost all the weight (well, most of  it), it's hard to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not see the "old" me.

The best thing I can suggest is start with one thing you like about yourself and compliment yourself on it. Then find something else to compliment yourself on and just go from there. Make up is not going to make you pretty if you don't feel it on the inside.

I'm sorry you are in this place but know that with a little work, you can come back from it and love yourself for what you have to offer the world. 

First of all, stop wondering if the guy that just broke it off with you if he ever thought you were pretty.  Does it matter what he thinks about anything?  Learn to love you for yourself.  There are more qualities in a person than just outer beauty.  Start by thinking about the good things that you have done for others, what you mean to your family and how lucky you are to have the friends and family that you have.  Go have a mani and pedi.  Have a facial, treat yourself to a new outfit or a nice dinner.  Outer beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

being pretty is overrated.. think instead of ways to be happy.

Enjoy all the things you used to do before you were together. Go back to that happy place of yours. once you are happy, you will feel confident, and pretty.

you dont need a guy or anyone for that matter to tell you, you are pretty. you ARE pretty and you enforce that on anyone who tells you otherwise.

Just a question as it has been bothering me... Your boyfriend told you 10 ways to sunday what he hated about you and all you can take from that was that he didn't mention your looks?  and it was appearance that you were disturbed about? 

Being pretty, sexy, hot, good looking are all things that are way overrated. The hardest part is realizing this and applying it to yourself. I'm sure you're even more down in the dumps bc of your breakup but this sounds to be a longtime issue for you. Remember this, if you're not happy with yourself, you will project this feelings out onto every aspect of your life. Having self-confidence is a huge deal. Once you're confident in yourself, you'll know that looks ain't everything.

Face it, there will always be someone smarter, faster, thinner, prettier, hotter, etc than you. Having self-confidence means you also know that just bc someone is better than you at something, it doesn't diminish your self-worth.

Latest posts

Back