Afraid of colors

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been wearing neutrals for as long as I can remember and I want to start wearing more colors, but I have no idea where to start. I have light brown hair, blue eyes, and fair skin with pink undertones. Any suggestions are welcome!!

I love wearing color. Check out the tutorial forum or the FOTD forum. You will find tons of ideas there.

I love wearing color too! You could pull off so many colors, but try easing into it a bit by wearing a hot pink lipstick and an otherwise natural face, or colored mascara. Bright colors on the face look best when they are parred down with soft neutrals (ie. bright e/s, nude lip...vice versa). MAC has amazing jewel tone eyeshadows...I definitely suggest you check those out!
smile.gif

Ikebana is right, jewel tones on you would be very good!! I was afraid of colors too,I was wearing only browns and beiges, but 2 years ago a make up artist told me that with my brown eyes I should wear more green e/s first I laugh but then I saw that she was right, green was definetely the color for me! I still wear brown and beige e/s but I also wear greens and definetely i will try something new later!! So my suggestion is try it,don't be afraid!!!

I'm afraid of color too - I rarely wear anything other than neutrals!! I agree that jewel tones would look really pretty on you!!
smile.gif
If you're not used to wearing much color on your eyes, try easing into it with a color liner or colorful e/s that's used as an accent color. HTHS!!

Afraid of colors!? Oh no! We must fix that. I LOVE colors so much. I have maybe two neutral eyeshadows.

How about purples? Purple makes blue eyes pop and you can get neutral-ish shades of purple to help wean yourself off the neutrals.

if you want to start wearing colors, start of slowly. mix them in with your nuetrals. like wearing some blue with a tan color. or wear neutrals with a colored liner.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Afraid of colors!? Oh no! We must fix that. I LOVE colors so much. I have maybe two neutral eyeshadows.
How about purples? Purple makes blue eyes pop and you can get neutral-ish shades of purple to help wean yourself off the neutrals.

Good color suggestion, suzuki. I am afraid of color, too, and I usually stick to my basic browns, taupes and bronzes, but my first foray into color was a plummy brown liner (Rimmel Chianti)...I think that purple is a pretty easy color to wear, as long as you get a good shade that doesn't look like a bruise
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I just bought a couple Bonne Bell ShadowBox quads, in Urban Camouflage (mossy teal , olive green/brown, beige, and a peachy brown, all shimmery) and Backstage Beauty Browns (bronzey brown, purpley brown, a mauvey taupe, and a medium plum, all shimmery to some extent). If you go to bonnelbell.com, you can see what the colors look like (pics are pretty accurate), and you can get a $1 off coupon printout. Anyways, I really like the texture and pigment of these, and for only $4 each, you can play around with colors that are muted down, and gradually move up to bold colors if you choose! These have got me wanting to break the monotony of brown!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl How about purples? Purple makes blue eyes pop and you can get neutral-ish shades of purple to help wean yourself off the neutrals. I wear a purple eyeliner every now and then and really like it. I will also try everyone else's suggestions...thanks!

Latest posts

Back