Age and hair length

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think as long as it's in a good cut and good shape, any length is good at any age. You go for whatever you like!

I have friend who is in her 50's and has long hair and she does not look her age a bot...but also I guess you have to take into account the shape of your face etc & maintenance.

honestly.... i think older women with shorter hair look even more old

ie: the paris hilton vma hair cut....sometimes short hair ages you

I totally agree

Originally Posted by enyadoresme /img/forum/go_quote.gif honestly.... i think older women with shorter hair look even more old
ie: the paris hilton vma hair cut....sometimes short hair ages you

I really dislike long hair on old women, especially when it starts to go grey.

But then again, I prefer shorter hair on all ages of women so.. *shrugs*

I find long hair is very feminine.. and I find short is boyish

Originally Posted by bellatrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really dislike long hair on old women, especially when it starts to go grey.
But then again, I prefer shorter hair on all ages of women so.. *shrugs*

i'm 35 and my hair is down to my ass crack, it used to be thick as hell, but with my last baby i would say a good 50% has fallen out though you wouldnt really know cuz like i said i had thick ass hair to begin with, ANYWAY until i start seeing my skull, then and ONLY then will i shave my head and buy a freakin' wig. where your hair any ol' damn way you want, thats my motto!!

always prefer long hair, some just dont have face for it but are many more who wear it short and doesnt suit them. dont think age has any bearing on it,more personal preference. cant stand the way older women get cuts like their husbands. just cause you're older,doesnt mean you cant be sexy!

I know seems like 90 percent cut thier hair short and U summed it up pretty good .. cuz long hair is so sexy

Originally Posted by christina m /img/forum/go_quote.gif always prefer long hair, some just dont have face for it but are many more who wear it short and doesnt suit them. dont think age has any bearing on it,more personal preference. cant stand the way older women get cuts like their husbands. just cause you're older,doesnt mean you cant be sexy!

when I was about 36 I was starting to prepare myself to cut my hair short- I just turned 44 and I still think I can get away with my hair longish, almost bra-strap length (plus as someone else said- its much easier to look after at the length I have it, has some natural curl and if its not long enough it just turns into a sticky-out mess lol) .

I think it depends on the person, and how they look after their hair- I have seen so many makeover shows with women who keep long straight centre parted haiar thats not looked after, and when it's cut and styled, they look ten- twenty years younger...

oh and it scares the bejeebers outta me that some of you girls have MOMS round my age lol.

I think not enough older woman keep their hair long - it can look amazing. I'm actually looking forward to being 50, with long grey hair. And I'm going to wear all those bohemian clothes that look a bit frumpy at my age - devore velvet scarves, long dresses, dangly earrings. Bring it on!

Originally Posted by susan50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif age does not = hair length I think a women of any age with healty hair and a great cut can have her hair as long as she wants and look wonderful

i agree with what she^^ said.

Why so young? and why would u prepare it? u figured cuz yer in your 30's it time to chop it all off?

Originally Posted by pinkfrangipani /img/forum/go_quote.gif when I was about 36 I was starting to prepare myself to cut my hair short- I just turned 44 and I still think I can get away with my hair longish, almost bra-strap length (plus as someone else said- its much easier to look after at the length I have it, has some natural curl and if its not long enough it just turns into a sticky-out mess lol) . I think it depends on the person, and how they look after their hair- I have seen so many makeover shows with women who keep long straight centre parted haiar thats not looked after, and when it's cut and styled, they look ten- twenty years younger...

oh and it scares the bejeebers outta me that some of you girls have MOMS round my age lol.

I personally think what ever works for you and your hair type, I love long hair on woman of any age, but it has to suit them. Short hair does suit some woman better particlarly as they get older.

I think you should keep it long as long as you feel good with it!

Here is an interesting article on this subject: REMOVED by Admin

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love long hair on women of any age. Long hair is a beautiful thing and I do agree that short hair makes some women look...tired and just ..."sexless" growout your hair, Mon. thanks so much, sweetie! it's looking so much better since i stopped packing it with products! even my grey is looking really good! silver and shiney!

Originally Posted by chrisv21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think you should keep it long as long as you feel good with it! Here is an interesting article on this subject: mature woman and long hair

omg! i had forgotten about bernadette peters! her hair is just gorgeous! i can't believe that she's 59! amazing!

Originally Posted by pinkfrangipani /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh and it scares the bejeebers outta me that some of you girls have MOMS round my age lol. don't be scared! that's what keeps us young and sexy! lol~ i love hanging out on mut! you can teach and learn!

Originally Posted by saravin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think not enough older woman keep their hair long - it can look amazing. I'm actually looking forward to being 50, with long grey hair. And I'm going to wear all those bohemian clothes that look a bit frumpy at my age - devore velvet scarves, long dresses, dangly earrings. Bring it on! i like your style, saravin! are you my long lost daughter? (just kidding, but i am old enough to be your mom!)

I agree that hair length should not be determined by age. There are cute short styles for younger woman and cute longer styles for older woman.

I think its depends on what you look like, i see some people who are in there Fortys/Fifties and they look daft, but some women in that age group look really good, also i think it depends on how you look after it, there is nothing worse than long unconditioned, straw like hair, if its like this chop it off, but if its healthy looking and suits you then leave it long. I am 46 & my hair is long, i will cut it if i think it starts to age me or gets unhealthy.

Latest posts

Back