Alcohol and Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think most of us would agree that the best way to blow off steam at the end of a hard day or long week is to have a few cocktails. But, have you ever considered how those cocktails are affecting your overall health and beauty?
Did you know that alcohol is one of the things that accelerate aging ? And can harm your beauty in a lot of other ways, too?
Will it change your drinking habits in the future? Let's reconsider :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nah, I wont stop drinking.  The guy across the bar has beer goggles anyways so it doesn't matter what I really look like. Hehehehehe.

But honestly, yeah, no - I wont stop.

I think everyone at this point in time knows what things like smoking and drinking do to their bodies. I don't care that drinking is ~bad~ for me, I won't stop.

It's funny, I'm not a huge drinker but I make cordials and wine. Once I get into my own place, I'll start making my own beers and meads as well.

In all honesty, if I am going to drink, I am at least going to drink quality stuff. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that alcohol drinking is really harmful for us, especially daily drinking is not good. You can enjoy this evil drink just occasionally. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've actually found that red wine curbs sugar cravings, and I'm fairly certain that the massive amounts of sugar I was eating before I started drinking red wine were much worse for me than the wine. 

That only works in small amounts, though.  Drink more than a glass, and you end up lowering your inhibitions and drinking a lot of calories, which ends up being unhealthy. 

YMMV

I try not to drink too much because it just makes me hungry and I want to eat more, but don't they say some wine is "good" for you? 

Originally Posted by wakeuplittle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I try not to drink too much because it just makes me hungry and I want to eat more, but don't they say some wine is "good" for you? 
Yup, the main thing you hear about is the antioxidants, but it looks like there's actually a chemical that regulates blood sugar too, so the "curbing sugar carvings" effect isn't just in my head. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  According to MayoClinic, most of the actual evidence is just in mice, though. 

If I drink a lot I end up eating a lot too, but if I keep it to just a glass, I feel more satisfied than if I hadn't had any wine.  I also stick to having it with dinner, so I'm supposed to be eating at the same time, and it's absorbed nice and slowly.  It may be partly the mouthfeel; a full-bodied red wine is just so there in my mouth.  I find it satisfying. 

As DreamWarrior seems to have already noticed, the OP appears word-for-word on several other sites, so it was probably a bot post.

Moderate drinkers tend to have better health and live longer than those who are either abstainers or heavy drinkers. In addition to having fewer heart attacks and strokes, moderate consumers of alcoholic beverages (beer, wine and distilled spirits or liquor) are generally less likely to suffer strokes, diabetes, arthritis, enlarged prostate, dementia (including Alzheimer's disease), and several major cancers. ______This is what I saw from a website

I've been drinking a glass of red wine everyday during dinner for the past 3 years and I'm completely fine, so is my skin. Guess it doesn't affect anyone if it's not in excess, right?

"Nah, I wont stop drinking.  The guy across the bar has beer goggles anyways so it doesn't matter what I really look like. Hehehehehe.

But honestly, yeah, no - I wont stop."

hahaha omggg TOO funny! Dream warrior, i literally lol'd.

the only thing that concerns me about alcohol and beauty is weight gain. I literally gained SO much weight when i started drinking red wine and i didnt even notice bc weight gain is gradual. Well...in all fairness i was drinking a lot of red wine daily and eating a lot so that didnt work out too well. lol.

Wine is easy to consume in large amounts when you build up a high alcohol tolerence. once i stopped drinking wine i literally lost 30 pounds without even changing my diet or excercising or anything.

sooooo if you ever wanna lose weight, perhaps take out the alcohol. worked for me!

A) I'm biggest light-weight you've ever seen.
B)I exceed my limit way too quickly, and it never ends glamorously(Think: Passing out in a bathroom and somehow ending up naked and tucked in a bed, lol. Good friends, good friends.)
C) Way too many calories-not pretty (for me)
D) Makes me feel poopy and guilty about the calories.
E) I know it's not good for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So...I RARELY drink anything. Seriously. Maybe a glass of champagne at New Years. I think I had a drink in July, after my wedding. Yep, straight-laced Slinka over here. Maybe others can be moderate drinkers, but I don't think that's the road I should take. Not to mention- Alcoholism/substance abuse runs in my family, and I don't want to become that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ALSO alcohol has a ton of calories... especially those cocktails.  I would probably limit those sweet fruity drinks to no more than a few a week.  Wine, on the other hand, I think is okay? I heard it's good for the heart.

Too much alcohol is too bad all around. But lots of studies have shown that a little bit of alcohol from time to time can be good for your health. The real problem is having too much.

Hey i Wont!

Recently i came across a topic Truth about red wine and your skin which said that drinking alcohol/wine i(in moderate amount) is effective to for retaining healthy and flawless skin. Doesn't it sound amazing?

But there is always a caution an having too much alcohol;moderate drink should be one to two glasses. more than this can cause heart diseases etc.

Latest posts

Back