all about you poll

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I separated after 14 years and have one daughter age 10 going on 27. I have worked in all sorts of jobs but was mainly a nanny in the USA and Europe. I have worked in stores, and have trained as a holistic therapist. I have 2 cats who i adore and who are my babies and are spoilt rotten. Im 39 but am told i look 27 on a good day and i put that down to lots of sleep, water from Wales and Vitamin C and from a good nanna who was French and told me to look after my skin from a very young age. I have lots of nice friends who i went to school with and have kept in touch. I love Poison , Diorella and Nude by Bill Blass.

what do you do for a living? Salon/Spa Coordinator married/LTR/single/etc? LTR w/SO of 9 years kids? 1 son Nick, he's 18 pets? 1 dog Roofus, 1 cat Mommy & 2 Turtles age? 39 and most importantly, what is your favorite fragrance? Diptyque Olene

Shoediva, I don't know how I missed your question...sorry!!

How different do you want to go? Are you envisioning a studio shot or outdoors, color, black and white photography or sepia toned, or a print that looks like a candid shot, taken in your own home or favorite location? Do you want the portrait to make everyone look great or do you want the portrait to reveal your inner personalities?

My style is very artistic and candid, which may not be at all what you like. Pictures that show genuine emotion and movement would be what I want to capture. The fourth picture down from the group below is what I would love to do! Link to the photo's site:

http://www.partypop.com/Vendors/4054104.htm

Look at websites that show photographer's works and start making notes and creating a portfolio of the pictures that you really admire. There's a zillion of them out there, so you should have no problem finding the style you like. Once you, your SO and daughter have come to agreement on what you want to do, meet with some photographers that do the work you like. Get price quotes and see their work.

icon_smile.gif

v4054104.jpg

Originally Posted by shoediva OMG I freakin love that pic, how cute!!! You guys look wonderful- I really love your hair like that. How did you get him to take the pic? I can't get mine to go to a photo studio.
BTW speaking of pics- would anyone have ideas (maybe Kitty) for a nice family portrait- I would like something different- I dont just want the three of us standing there smiling- I would like something like this but of course with the 3 of us.

Wonderful!! Thank you for that, I'm gonna take a look at the pics. My daughter's friends-father is a photographer. I'm gonna see if he can do it. I love black and white photography. I have the one below large in black and white in my living room. I definitely want Black and White or Sephia. I would like something very candid. The other thing is now convincing the mister to do it.

http://tinypic.com/591sn

My angel about 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Shoediva, I don't know how I missed your question...sorry!!
How different do you want to go? Are you envisioning a studio shot or outdoors, color, black and white photography or sepia toned, or a print that looks like a candid shot, taken in your own home or favorite location? Do you want the portrait to make everyone look great or do you want the portrait to reveal your inner personalities?

My style is very artistic and candid, which may not be at all what you like. Pictures that show genuine emotion and movement would be what I want to capture. The fourth picture down from the group below is what I would love to do! Link to the photo's site:

http://www.partypop.com/Vendors/4054104.htm

Look at websites that show photographer's works and start making notes and creating a portfolio of the pictures that you really admire. There's a zillion of them out there, so you should have no problem finding the style you like. Once you, your SO and daughter have come to agreement on what you want to do, meet with some photographers that do the work you like. Get price quotes and see their work.

icon_smile.gif

v4054104.jpg

Oh shoediva, she is simply so sweet and beautiful! You are a lucky mama!

The picture of your daughter would be lovely in black and white. One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to take photography courses is to learn how to take excellent photos of my kids, when they finally happen. I'm a big sucker for photo albums and all the memories they contain.

Originally Posted by shoediva Wonderful!! Thank you for that, I'm gonna take a look at the pics. My daughter's friends-father is a photographer. I'm gonna see if he can do it. I love black and white photography. I have the one below large in black and white in my living room. I definitely want Black and White or Sephia. I would like something very candid. The other thing is now convincing the mister to do it.
http://tinypic.com/591sn

My angel about 2 years ago.

Thanks kitty, she really is an Angel!!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Oh shoediva, she is simply so sweet and beautiful! You are a lucky mama!

The picture of your daughter would be lovely in black and white. One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to take photography courses is to learn how to take excellent photos of my kids, when they finally happen. I'm a big sucker for photo albums and all the memories they contain.

Latest posts

Back