All the ladies with MULTIPLE beauty box subscriptions... ;D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody get CraveBox? I saw box openings for it on YouTube in May, and it looked really great, but I haven't seen anything else about it. Nobody I'm subscribed to on YouTube did a CraveBox May Review or anything. I am kind of disappointed because I want to see what they thought of the products that came in the box. I will probably search on YouTube for May 2012 CraveBox review in a little bit. Is CraveBox worth the price? I am considering trying it out.
I subscribe to Cravebox and really enjoy it! For $10 a month, it's a great service with such a fun variety of products. I've received two boxes thus far: May's "Taste of the Tropics" and the limited edition "Summer Spruce Up" box. I also just received an email that July's box will be going out this week and the theme is "Summer BBQ." I have a review of the May box on my blog (in my signature) that you can check out if you want.

Additionally, I like that they offer limited edition boxes - these boxes are a bit different in that you enter via a lottery-type system as they (obviously) have limited numbers of them. You're notified if you've gotten an LE box and then they're promptly shipped out. An upcoming LE box is "Summer Beauty" and I've already signed up to be notified when it's available. I'd recommend to try Cravebox out - they have great CS, let you put your subscription on hold if you want, and offer a variety of different products to try!

Originally Posted by liziam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 2 birchbox subscriptions, 2 new beauty test tubes, qvc new beauty test tube, sample society, healthy surprise, and I just signed up for kara's way, 12society and the pop sugar must have bag.

12 society is definitely geared toward men, but they told me they have custom female boxes so I thought I'd give it a try!
Woo, that's quite a selection!! Is there a difference between the new beauty test tube and the qvc new beauty test tube?? 

I got so many... I guess I consider July as my "test month" to see which one I'm canceling. Beauty: Birchbox MyGlam LookBag Goodebox BeautyArmy Green Grab Bag Starlooks Starbox Sample Society Glossybox BeautyBox 5 Klutchclub(2 months only, daily candy coupon deal) Beautyfix Jewelry and Accessories: Little Black Bag(will be skipping lots of months lol) Lucid Box PopSugar Planning to cancel: Julep Maven Just Fab Love with Food So far I'm happy with birchbox, beauty army, green grab bag, starlooks, sample society, and glossybox. I don't have time to shop a lot cause of my job and I'm too lazy to Internet shop, so i settled for subscriptions lol If you want me to post any pictures of any of these when I get the July box, let me know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got so many... I guess I consider July as my "test month" to see which one I'm canceling.

Beauty:

Birchbox

MyGlam

LookBag

Goodebox

BeautyArmy

Green Grab Bag

Starlooks Starbox

Sample Society

Glossybox

BeautyBox 5

Klutchclub(2 months only, daily candy coupon deal)

Beautyfix

Jewelry and Accessories:

Little Black Bag(will be skipping lots of months lol)

Lucid Box

PopSugar

Planning to cancel:

Julep Maven

Just Fab

Love with Food

So far I'm happy with birchbox, beauty army, green grab bag, starlooks, sample society, and glossybox.

I don't have time to shop a lot cause of my job and I'm too lazy to Internet shop, so i settled for subscriptions lol

If you want me to post any pictures of any of these when I get the July box, let me know
smile.gif
what dont u like about love with food? just wondering cuz I just subscribed to it 

Originally Posted by scrapsugargypsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woo, that's quite a selection!! Is there a difference between the new beauty test tube and the qvc new beauty test tube?? 
Yes typically there are a few overlap products, but for the most part they are different.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you like healthy surprise? I just signed up for the starter box yesterday and I hope I fall in love with it.
I'm waiting on my first box to arrive too. I really want to love it too. Gluten free snacks without making trips to whole foods would be a big win for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anybody get CraveBox? I saw box openings for it on YouTube in May, and it looked really great, but I haven't seen anything else about it. Nobody I'm subscribed to on YouTube did a CraveBox May Review or anything. I am kind of disappointed because I want to see what they thought of the products that came in the box. I will probably search on YouTube for May 2012 CraveBox review in a little bit. Is CraveBox worth the price? I am considering trying it out.
I subscribe to Cravebox and really enjoy it! For $10 a month, it's a great service with such a fun variety of products. I've received two boxes thus far: May's "Taste of the Tropics" and the limited edition "Summer Spruce Up" box. I also just received an email that July's box will be going out this week and the theme is "Summer BBQ." I have a review of the May box on my blog (in my signature) that you can check out if you want. Additionally, I like that they offer limited edition boxes - these boxes are a bit different in that you enter via a lottery-type system as they (obviously) have limited numbers of them. You're notified if you've gotten an LE box and then they're promptly shipped out. An upcoming LE box is "Summer Beauty" and I've already signed up to be notified when it's available. I'd recommend to try Cravebox out - they have great CS, let you put your subscription on hold if you want, and offer a variety of different products to try!
Wow. Thanks. I am gonna go sign up now. Or get put on the waiting list.

sub'd to:

QVC TT

New Beauty TT

BB (2 subs)

Sample Society

Green Grab Bag

cancelled:

Beauty Army (not enuf variety)

Beautyfix (too expensive and few discontinued items made me worry about quality of products)

Glossybox (didn't like the items I got)

Eco Emi (wasn't using the products they were sending me)

Conscious Box (Fun to get but wasn't really using the stuff they were sending me)

Foodzie (wan't impressed with what I got for the $)

Sure thing! I think you'll enjoy it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good Luck!  After reading about Cravebox last month I signed up and still am on the wait list 
icon_sad.gif
  I tweeted them to see if/when spots opened and they just said  "we will open slots on an ongoing basis. Make sure you click join and become a member. Then fill out your profile."

I like the surprise element of BB, even though my boxes haven't been the best ones so far. I like the products but wish they add more of a variety of products to the lines. The points system rocks. I love SS-it just seems well-done to me, and the $15 coupon pretty much twists your arm to buy something every month. The best value has probably been the QVC TT. Unlike the other boxes, full-size products are not an unexpected surprise but a feature of the box. Like many subscribers, I wish they would add some different lines since they carry so many. I wouldn't have gotten the regular TT but I see that they've added a few makeup extras to the tubes that went out. This looks very tempting to me.

I've been lucky in having great customer service with all these programs, which is why I stay away from GB and MyGlam. Both of them seem overrated, and I have more than enough makeup bags for a makeup apocalyse.   

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you like healthy surprise? I just signed up for the starter box yesterday and I hope I fall in love with it.
I just got my healthy surprise yesterday and I love it! I ordered the large ($99) and estimate I got about ($92) worth of product. So far everything is delicious so I think it's worth the money to me. It definitely won't last the month for just two people though. There's no way it has 50-60 servings. More like half of that. Not sure how the measure a serving, but I think they are pushing it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you get your healthy surprise box yet?

Originally Posted by liziam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my healthy surprise yesterday and I love it! I ordered the large ($99) and estimate I got about ($92) worth of product. So far everything is delicious so I think it's worth the money to me. It definitely won't last the month for just two people though. There's no way it has 50-60 servings. More like half of that. Not sure how the measure a serving, but I think they are pushing it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you get your healthy surprise box yet?

I did get it, so far I have only had one miss. The curry nut falafel, which was gross. But the Sesame Bar and the Rise Coconut Blueberry bar were both awesome. The cookies were really hard (crunchy, but they were also yummy) Thats all I have gotten to try so far. The box had 11 items and most are one time servings so I am not sure I got 16-20 servings or whatever they claim it is, and I think that the box was MAYBE worth the 33.00 I paid for it. But its fun to try new things :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you know if they offer discounts on the products, say if we really liked something and wanted to order some more? 

Originally Posted by scrapsugargypsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Having just discovered the world of monthly beauty boxes, it's really fun going through and seeing all the reviews of the different companies! I can definitely say that these boxes are hit or miss... but a lot of people are subscribed to multiple beauty boxes! I'll admit, I just subscribed to BeatuyArmy, BirchBox and MyGlam! 

So my question for you beauty addicts out there is: which boxes are you subscribed to and what's your favorite?

I'd love to hear from people that have had their subscriptions for a while, and aren't basing their fav's on the first box they got
wink.gif
(and I've only listed US boxes for the poll, since that's all I have access to!)
I currently subscribe to Birchbox, Eco-Emi & Curlbox.  I just cancelled Glossybox.  I don't like one better than the other because they're all different.  I like theses  companies equally.  One is for beauty and cosmetics, another for hair andthe other is natural and organic beauty, health and home products.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still have Birchbox and MyGlam and I have to say each month it's a toss up with which I'm in love with the most! I love the products that I get in each of them and I find myself reaching for products from both. I did pick Birchbox as my most favorite only because of the rewards program. I eventually want to save up for a Clarisonic Mia....

January: only had MyGlam

February: only had MyGlam

March: Birchbox won! 

April: Birchbox  won by a hair.

May: MyGlam

June:MyGlam
The Mia is the best investment I've made for my skin in a LONG time. Seriously. My mom just found out how much it cost after reading about it in a magazine and realizing that there was one sitting in our bathroom (heh, I hide things like that from her) but she was just like "idk.. it really seems to work!"

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Mia is the best investment I've made for my skin in a LONG time. Seriously. My mom just found out how much it cost after reading about it in a magazine and realizing that there was one sitting in our bathroom (heh, I hide things like that from her) but she was just like "idk.. it really seems to work!"
Haha!  How funny!  I tend to down play how much things cost too because my mom doesn't seem to understand my fascination with makeup and thinks ever additional thing I buy is a waste.  Like she thinks with seven eyeshadows that i have more than enough to last me a lifetime, and while that might be true, I want more shades!  So...I pretend everything's cheaper than it is so she doesn't get all on my case. 

But it's great to know that you love your Mia!  I really am curious to see if it works and reduces my pores.  One of my friends uses one and it really makes a noticeable difference in how her skin looks.

By the way, between my July Birchbox and my July MyGlam bag, I would have to say that MyGlam wins by a hair. 

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha!  How funny!  I tend to down play how much things cost too because my mom doesn't seem to understand my fascination with makeup and thinks ever additional thing I buy is a waste.  Like she thinks with seven eyeshadows that i have more than enough to last me a lifetime, and while that might be true, I want more shades!  So...I pretend everything's cheaper than it is so she doesn't get all on my case. 

But it's great to know that you love your Mia!  I really am curious to see if it works and reduces my pores.  One of my friends uses one and it really makes a noticeable difference in how her skin looks.

By the way, between my July Birchbox and my July MyGlam bag, I would have to say that MyGlam wins by a hair. 
it definitely keeps them clean. I used to get really bad blackheads and I don't anymore. I was in Alaska for two weeks and I didn't bring it because I couldnt figure out how to fly with it without it turning on accidentally, and I could really see the difference in my skin when I didn't have it.

Ok, I just received my Must Have box from Pop Sugar.  Slightly disappointed, but here's what I received:  A Pop Sugar canvas tote bag, full size Body Drench Pomegranate Crush Body Lotion and full size Body Scrub, two Kind Bars; Madagascar Vanilla Almond & Cashew & Ginger Spice, two lipsticks from Ilia Beauty; Bang Bang & In My Room (both are pinks - something I don't wear) and RGB Nail Color; Minty (light green - yuck) and Doll (nice beige.  I also received from Box Monthly:  Pureology Precious Oil, Self-Tanning Intensive & Uniform Color (I assume a towelette), Two Healthy To Go Green Energy Tea Frusion tea packets (like Crystal Light) St. Claire's Organics Peppermint tin, and a little book called, Wisdom for the sole.  I may or may not do this again this month.  I'll have to think about this over the weekend.  There isn't to much to like about these products, maybe I can give some stuff away.

Back