All the ladies with MULTIPLE beauty box subscriptions... ;D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having just discovered the world of monthly beauty boxes, it's really fun going through and seeing all the reviews of the different companies! I can definitely say that these boxes are hit or miss... but a lot of people are subscribed to multiple beauty boxes! I'll admit, I just subscribed to BeatuyArmy, BirchBox and MyGlam! 

So my question for you beauty addicts out there is: which boxes are you subscribed to and what's your favorite?

I'd love to hear from people that have had their subscriptions for a while, and aren't basing their fav's on the first box they got ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (and I've only listed US boxes for the poll, since that's all I have access to!)

You might not want to call the general MuT population glammies, just an fyi. 
smile.gif

I've been subbing to Testtube for over four years now and like it the best. My fave 'monthly' is Eco Emi which was my first sub.

I've seen reviews on that one, it looks awesome! Better products than most, so you get what you pay for I guess!

I have had Birchbox, MyGlam, Sample Society, Sindulge, Julep Maven, Conscious Box, Green Grab Bag, BeautyBox 5, and myplatinumbox.

My favorite by far is Birchbox!  I've gotten the biggest variety, consistently highest quality brands/products, and the best service and perks from them.  

Birchbox is my favorite so far, because it has been very consistent and I already earned enough points to get free products. I also received a free sponsored box full of deluxe size Vichy products, so that was awesome. I absolutely LOVED my Sample Society and Conscious Box items, but I have only received one box from each so far. I loved my Julep box and my Sindulge box, but each were only a penny, so one product that I liked would have been a good score for me. I am very excited for my free Glossybox coming up. My free Love with Food box was pretty cool, but I would rather have beauty items. BeautyFix was an amazing deal and lots of fun; the products are mostly full size. BeautyFix is quarterly, so it feels expensive to pay at one time, but evens out over the 3 months.

Honestly, trading is my favorite thing so far.

The subscription services are so subjective. I wouldn't have known from reading on here which services I would like, since people rave over boxes that I don't care for and complain about boxes that make me drool.

Wow, you've tried a lot, that's awesome!!! Thanks for your feedback, I'm so glad I signed up for birchbox!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have had Birchbox, MyGlam, Sample Society, Sindulge, Julep Maven, Conscious Box, Green Grab Bag, BeautyBox 5, and myplatinumbox.

My favorite by far is Birchbox!  I've gotten the biggest variety, consistently highest quality brands/products, and the best service and perks from them.  

Thanks for all that info!!! I was thinking of trying julep but just got the whole gelish system so I don't have much need for regular nail polishes anymore. You're definitely right, it's all very subjective... I'm just looking for decent quality products. You'll have to let me know how you like SS and CB, I really debated on getting those two! I like the idea of getting samples from sustainable and conscious companies, but you never know what you're going to get! 

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox is my favorite so far, because it has been very consistent and I already earned enough points to get free products. I also received a free sponsored box full of deluxe size Vichy products, so that was awesome. I absolutely LOVED my Sample Society and Conscious Box items, but I have only received one box from each so far. I loved my Julep box and my Sindulge box, but each were only a penny, so one product that I liked would have been a good score for me. I am very excited for my free Glossybox coming up. My free Love with Food box was pretty cool, but I would rather have beauty items. BeautyFix was an amazing deal and lots of fun; the products are mostly full size. BeautyFix is quarterly, so it feels expensive to pay at one time, but evens out over the 3 months.

Honestly, trading is my favorite thing so far.

The subscription services are so subjective. I wouldn't have known from reading on here which services I would like, since people rave over boxes that I don't care for and complain about boxes that make me drool.

Oh, I absolutely love Conscious Box, you should give it a shot!  It is pricey, but I love getting so many different kinds of things.  

Fabulous, thanks for the suggestion!!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I absolutely love Conscious Box, you should give it a shot!  It is pricey, but I love getting so many different kinds of things.  

My brother and I received our mystery box from Conscious Box, and loved it. That's our second beloved box from them. It's a variety of types of products. Probably a 1/4 of it were beauty items.

Birchbox is still my favorite because of the points system. I have over 700 points now but not sure what to get.. so I may have to give it a few more months and then just place a big order. I hope I enjoy GlossyBox as much as BB. Sample Society is ok, first 2 months were great IMO but last month, not so much.

Right now you can sign up for Julep under someones referral for a penny for the 1st month. You could then cancel or just continuously skip months until a month has the polishes you like.

Eco-Emi is my favorite of the monthly services I've tried so far! I really love the products they put in their boxes! (In a non-monthly box, my hands down favorite is the Allure Summer Beauty Box: it was incredible! I think they're going to have a Fall/Winter one, so stay tuned! Mine had over $300 of products for only about $50! I saw a review on it a year ago and waited to order one this past April; it was worth every penny.) 

-My favorite pet-themed box is: BarBox! My dogs have loved everything so far; I started out with a 3mo subscription, but I will probably go yearly with that one since it's so great! 

I've ordered and am waiting to try: Birchbox, GlossyBox, LoveWithFood (promo), BeautyFix (promo), FitBox (free).

I've already tried: New Beauty Test Tube (It was good, but they substituted the two samples I wanted without giving me notice; I may try the QVC one in the future), Sample Society (cancelled after my first box; disliked it!), Julep: I got my first box dirt cheap so it was worth it! In general though, I don't feel that it's worth the price without a promo deal, unless you just really want a certain shade.

(In the future I'm considering: Bellismo, Green Grab Bag, and Conscious Box, and a few others! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LydiaNichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eco-Emi is my favorite of the monthly services I've tried so far! I really love the products they put in their boxes! (In a non-monthly box, my hands down favorite is the Allure Summer Beauty Box: it was incredible! I think they're going to have a Fall/Winter one, so stay tuned! Mine had over $300 of products for only about $50! I saw a review on it a year ago and waited to order one this past April; it was worth every penny.) 

-My favorite pet-themed box is: BarBox! My dogs have loved everything so far; I started out with a 3mo subscription, but I will probably go yearly with that one since it's so great! 

I've ordered and am waiting to try: Birchbox, GlossyBox, LoveWithFood (promo), BeautyFix (promo), FitBox (free).

I've already tried: New Beauty Test Tube (It was good, but they substituted the two samples I wanted without giving me notice; I may try the QVC one in the future), Sample Society (cancelled after my first box; disliked it!), Julep: I got my first box dirt cheap so it was worth it! In general though, I don't feel that it's worth the price without a promo deal, unless you just really want a certain shade.

(In the future I'm considering: Bellismo, Green Grab Bag, and Conscious Box, and a few others! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You mentioned fitbox being free? I just googoled them and it's looking like they're $10/month to sample different fitness supplements (something I'd totally love as a triathlete and marathon runner!) It says fitbox but is at myplatinumbox.com, am I looking at the right one? Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by scrapsugargypsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LydiaNichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You mentioned fitbox being free? I just googoled them and it's looking like they're $10/month to sample different fitness supplements (something I'd totally love as a triathlete and marathon runner!) It says fitbox but is at myplatinumbox.com, am I looking at the right one? Thanks!!!

Have you checkod out klutchclub? Theres a thread about it and some of us have gotten the April, May and now June boxes. Its 18.00 a month but so far the boxes are worth the money.

You can also google it to find reviews.

Latest posts

Back