All Things Ulta - Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box of goodies from Ulta was waiting for me when I got home from work today!!

Sorry this picture is kind of tiny. 

I got:

Ulta Eyebrow Brush/Comb

Ulta Pencil Sharpener

Ulta Extreme Wear Mousse Foundation in Light Ivory

Paradise Bloom 13-Pc Gift Set:

2 Eye Shadow Quads (these are REALLY PRETTY)

The first one is in the colors: Bone, Mystique, Espresso and Gold Dust  (Browns)

The second one is in the colors: Silk, Honey Bee, Sapphire, Green Machine  (Silk is gorgeous!)

Full Size Lip Color: 221 (This is seriously like invisible)

Dual Ended Lip Gloss: these are nice and not sticky

Mini Nail Lacquer: The Jungle Look

Dual Ended Eye Pencils: Bronze, Black, Chocolate & Deep Brown

3 Brushes:  2 Eyeshadow and 1 Blush (nothing to get excited over)

Blush:  I think the color is called Flush (really nice peachy color)

Full size Voluptuous Volume Mascara in Jet Black

Green Makeup Bag

Samples:

Billy Jealousy White Knight Gentle Daily Facial Cleanser

Jessica McClintock fragrance

Murad Resurgence Renewing Eye Cream

The whole thing cost me just over $20.  I'm pretty happy with the contents of the bag
smile.gif

Awesome! I was so close to getting the green but I got the orange cosmetic set (not sure what its called). How are the free brushes??

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box of goodies from Ulta was waiting for me when I got home from work today!!

Sorry this picture is kind of tiny. 

I got:

Ulta Eyebrow Brush/Comb

Ulta Pencil Sharpener

Ulta Extreme Wear Mousse Foundation in Light Ivory

Paradise Bloom 13-Pc Gift Set:

2 Eye Shadow Quads (these are REALLY PRETTY)

The first one is in the colors: Bone, Mystique, Espresso and Gold Dust  (Browns)

The second one is in the colors: Silk, Honey Bee, Sapphire, Green Machine  (Silk is gorgeous!)

Full Size Lip Color: 221 (This is seriously like invisible)

Dual Ended Lip Gloss: these are nice and not sticky

Mini Nail Lacquer: The Jungle Look

Dual Ended Eye Pencils: Bronze, Black, Chocolate & Deep Brown

3 Brushes:  2 Eyeshadow and 1 Blush (nothing to get excited over)

Blush:  I think the color is called Flush (really nice peachy color)

Full size Voluptuous Volume Mascara in Jet Black

Green Makeup Bag

Samples:

Billy Jealousy White Knight Gentle Daily Facial Cleanser

Jessica McClintock fragrance

Murad Resurgence Renewing Eye Cream

The whole thing cost me just over $20.  I'm pretty happy with the contents of the bag
smile.gif

Thats what I was afraid of :/ Oh well. The rest of it looks nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't used the brushes yet but they don't look very good unfortunately...

I just ordered some Ulta brand products from their online store (can't resist a bag of freebies!)  I'll be getting the green, I think it's called "Paradise" set because I've been hankering for some more bold colors in my make-up and I'm picky when it comes to purple shades.  I'll post my thoughts on the quality on the stuff when I get it, but does any have any experience with Ulta's products and their quality?  I got a automatic eyeliner in a dark purple, a tinted lip balm and a crazy confetti/glitter polish I plan on layering over another color.

I work in Ulta a lot, and there are pros and cons just like any other huge retailer. I like their rewards program, deals on lower end cosmetics, and super relaxed environment. I hate their very specific coupons, very low stock, and giant retailer mentality. Having so many different products and so little staff makes for mad customers. I love how they have brands no longer at Sephora too. I still shop with Sephora quite a bit, and I like how they always hold artistry high. I feel like Ulta misses the boat with that. There are actually some talented people who don't get a chance to show their skills mostly because it isn't a priority at Ulta. As far as Ulta brand makeup, they definitely stepped up their game recently. The brushes are terrible though, one of them even has a spelling mistake printed on the handle. Ha!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I took the plunge: here is my Ulta order:

Salon Nail Clear Topcoat   Salon Nail Base Coat   Salon Nail X-Dry
  FREE 13 Pc. Set:  Lavender Fields   Samples I chose:   Dermalogica Total Eye Care - .1 oz.   Jessica McClintock VOC   AG The Oil Gravity Feed Sample

when you get your kit, could you maybe do some swatches? Lavender fields is the one I want but I'm not too sure about the 2nd quad and the lipgloss.

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

when you get your kit, could you maybe do some swatches? Lavender fields is the one I want but I'm not too sure about the 2nd quad and the lipgloss.
You bet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

omg I went in the begging of the week to get this at the store! I need a new brush so I got this one: 

and I got these all for free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll post a more detailed description of what i got in the freebie i got at Ulta @ my blog later!

But I'm loving ULTA!! 

I just wen to ulta today...all I picked up was philosophy purity made simple and a few devacurl hair products. I did go earlier this week though and got a bunch of make up, plus that gift set. I really need to control my ulta budget lol. 

Originally Posted by ibedatfinemami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omg I went in the begging of the week to get this at the store! I need a new brush so I got this one: 

and I got these all for free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll post a more detailed description of what i got in the freebie i got at Ulta @ my blog later!

But I'm loving ULTA!! 

I picked the orange freebie too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't see myself using most of it, but its still a very nice gift! 

I'm a bigger fan of Sephora than Ulta.

The things that have completely turned me away from Ulta:

• Selective coupons (very rarely is everything I want applicable for the coupon)
  • Nothing I want is ever in stock or worse, I'll place an order, notice my order is taking a long time to be shipped and sure enough I'll get an email saying that they went out of stock on one my items. I'v had this happen to me numerous times to the point that a deal has to be really good for me to even bother shopping there.
  • There in store customer service is awful. The layout is messy, once again nothing is in stock, and products are tossed around and some obviously opened but still on the shelf.
  • Don't really care about their samples selection.
  • Have very few brands that I look forward to (but this is really a matter of personal preference as are the samples.)

Pros I like:

• You points quickly add up and I love being able to use them to shave a few dollars off my order.
  • Their constant 20% off sales are good for simple things like NYX and Ardell lashes which are hard to find anywhere else where I live.

I will say though that the only Sephora near me is at JC Penny and the customer service is awful, they always seem busy and you get no real dedication or advice.  I went there last weekend to get a sample of another shade of the MUFE hd foundation and they only had one bottle left in my shade. The lady didn't want to give me a sample at all and maybe I was being petty but I had to drive almost an hour to get there to return something and all I wanted was a sample to really give the foundation another go. 

I compare Ulta to a higher end drugstore with some nice products and Sephora as it's higher end more luxurious sister. 

I didn't think i would use it too much either but i tired the make up today and I have to say I like the lip colors, cheek color, and eyeshadow is ok I can see myself using this except the brushes I didn't like.. the one brush I brought i did like. 

I also tried the mascara works great for a freebie :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

my pic of my makeover using the ulta products

Note: I had to use my regular eye pencil cause the ulta one didn't show up dark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked the orange freebie too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't see myself using most of it, but its still a very nice gift! 

Those do look great on you! our coloring is VERY different though, so I don't think I can pull off that cheek color. I'm super pale with pink undertones. I just liked the pink and orange bag best lol.

aww thanks

I didn't put too much of the cheek color on but yeah I'm a warm color lol I also wanted the purple bag but I never went back plus hubby forbided me lol 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those do look great on you! our coloring is VERY different though, so I don't think I can pull off that cheek color. I'm super pale with pink undertones. I just liked the pink and orange bag best lol.

I went to Ulta today and got a few things. It was so busy. I'm glad I ordered online too because I would have never been able to get what I wanted in the store. It was pandemonium as usual. But they customer service was still awesome and way better than Sephora.

I miss Ulta! The closest ones to me are several hours away. I really like Ulta since it's a mix of high end and drugstore brands, and the free gifts with purchase are always really awesome! I'm starting to move away from buying everything at Sephora since the rewards haven't really impressed me all that much, especially some of the 500 point ones.

Back