All Things Ulta - Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a quick search on Ulta and couldn't find anything and thought since so many of us like shopping there, we could have an Ulta discussion thread. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And of course, I have a question since Ulta is fairly new to me. 

They currently have a special going on where you get a free 13 pc set with any purchase of $17.50 or more. Does this only apply to online orders or can you go down to the store and get the set as well?

I'm pretty sure you can get it in stores as well.  It was in their ad.  However there supplies in stores may be running low by now b/c I'm pretty sure it only lasts through tomorrow. 

I ordered it online w/ a couple of other things and it should be arriving at my house today
smile.gif

ULTA is quickly winning me over Sephora. I normally don't get a chance to go to an ULTA store because the nearest one is like 1 1/2 hr away and I tend not to buy from their online store. I just got my 1st online order with them just yesterday (I blogged about it but haven't posted my haul here yet). LOVE all the goodies I got for free like the Hervana umbrella.

Can you use their coupons online?

Hahahaha.... nevermind, I just answered my own question... Its yes.  The code is FINEPRINTED on the actual coupon... and I mean FINE Printed!!

laughno.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ULTA is quickly winning me over Sephora.

Same here.  I have a Sephora inside JCP and a full size ULTA just 5 minutes from where I work... and since we all know the Sephora JCP UTTERLY SUCKS... I've been going more and more to my ULTA store.  However, the ULTA girls customer service seriously lacks in my area.

I love Ulta!  I have one in my town but honestly I tend to buy things from them online more than I do in the stores.   A lot of times online they have those great sample packs and stuff that they won't sell in stores so I just wait for a great deal like that to come along and then stock up.  Also sometimes whenever they have great sales I'll find that their supplies in the stores are really low and I'll go in there and they won't have what I was wanting. 

Ok, I took the plunge: here is my Ulta order:

Salon Nail Clear Topcoat   Salon Nail Base Coat   Salon Nail X-Dry
  FREE 13 Pc. Set:  Lavender Fields   Samples I chose:   Dermalogica Total Eye Care - .1 oz.   Jessica McClintock VOC   AG The Oil Gravity Feed Sample

I'm on the fence with Ulta for a few reasons.

I work in Ulta 8-10 times a month, and I find that corporately speaking, it's a solid organization. That said, the skill levels of most Prestige staff (And this includes the Prestige Mgr's) are crap.  Hiring practices are sub par.

I don't like the layout of the store, or the style. It's ugly, confusing and bare bones/low budget. Housekeeping also seems to be an ongoing challenge.

The brands don't wow me ... I see industry leaders positioned next to industry losers. Not sure what's going on with their Buying team ... and they never have enough stock.

Supplies are super low end and no dramming supplies are available. I bring my own as back ups.

Their 'free magazine subscription' irks me to no end. Stop hawking sh!tty magazines and stop being so stingy with the sampling program....

The other doors I work in - Sephora, Macy's, etc - have better style, better brand selection, higher quality supplies and are better run.

That said, I do love the clients that come in - I find they tend to have lower expectations of their shopping experience and when they encounter a Pro Artist, they get all kinds of excited and appreciate my tutorials and make overs.

The only brands I get excited about in Ulta are Zoya, Mario Badescu and Cargo.

I got that in store! I love the little set too, the make up bag is really cute. 

I am obsessed with ulta, and I go there at least weekly lol. It is WAY too close to my house.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did a quick search on Ulta and couldn't find anything and thought since so many of us like shopping there, we could have an Ulta discussion thread. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And of course, I have a question since Ulta is fairly new to me. 

They currently have a special going on where you get a free 13 pc set with any purchase of $17.50 or more. Does this only apply to online orders or can you go down to the store and get the set as well?

I LOVE Ulta  
wub.gif
(hence my tag name "Ultaholic") lol.  Have any of you received your rewards yet?  I just got mine yesterday and I have to wait until the 19th to redeem it.  Thinking I'll get the Philosophy Unconditional Love perfume.  Still havent decided what else though.  Nothing is standing out to me. 

ok so what is the BENEFIT BROW BAR? 

I'm thinking my brows need some serious love but I am not sure how best to do them. I was thinking of going to Ulta and when I looked up the Salon menu, I saw this. 

Curious minds want to know!

here are the services that are provided.....mental note: You get a free brow wax for your birthday : ) 

I know what it is but I wanted to know what makes it so much different than a regular wax.

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

here are the services that are provided.....mental note: You get a free brow wax for your birthday : ) 

I get my brows done at the Benefit bar b/c not only do they wax, but they shape and trim. it takes about 20-30 minutes. They really take their time to find out how you want your brows shaped, where you want the arch. To me, it's well worth the money. After they are done, they will fill in your brows and cover your freshly waxed area with their concealers so you're not stuck walking around with red, less tan, irritated skin.

I love Ulta. I've been to the local Sephora-inside-JCPenney and I felt like they're customer service was crap. At Ulta, they are SOOO helpful. I haven't been in a while and was actually thinking about going tomorrow.

i really need to get my eyebrows done but i live a little outside of a small city and shop there and they don't have many beauty stores there isn't even a sephora or ulta
icon_confused.gif

Ulta is great! I am signed up for their rewards program (free because it was the grand opening of my store :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and I think I saw someone mention that in their post. However, the workers seem to have a terrible spelling ability because since the cards don't expire, you can use them for a long time. Every single time they say I'm not in the database because they mispelled my name!! (My name is Irina Kustovskaya by the way) So that's kinda useless... if you have a long name like mine, please double check to make sure they spell it right!!

Other than that, I am constantly impressed with the prices, deals, samples and they even have seminars where they discuss products and help women out! If you're lucky enough to catch one, I say they're worth going to a lot of the time (plus they give out freeeee samples!!! ^^).

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get my brows done at the Benefit bar b/c not only do they wax, but they shape and trim. it takes about 20-30 minutes. They really take their time to find out how you want your brows shaped, where you want the arch. To me, it's well worth the money. After they are done, they will fill in your brows and cover your freshly waxed area with their concealers so you're not stuck walking around with red, less tan, irritated skin.
Thank you! That is what I was wanting to know. I know my brows need help but I've  had no idea what would be best. Maybe they can help me out. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just placed an order with Ulta and got the 13 piece cosmetic set for free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and 3 samples. I have a store that is about 35 minutes away and I'm actually going to be right in the neighborhood tomorrow but I get so overwhelmed when I'm in the store and I don't know what to get, I find it easier to place an order online. (I also placed an order with BH Cosmetics today hehe)

Latest posts

Back