Allergic to MAC Fluidlines?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wore MAC Richground Fluidline yesterday and my eye started swelling up last night, exactly where the product was. It's still swollen this morning right on my top lash line (i didnt apply it anywhere else). So i was thinking back just there & i remember now that the last time my eye swelled up like that was when i used MAC DipDown Fluidline a few weeks back. I dont think it has ever happened with my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner though. I wonder if i'm allergic to the fluidlines. Does anybody else have this problem?

I so hope i'm not because i really like them. And yesterday was the first time i've ever used Rich Ground and i love it! I'll wait until the end of the week to try a fluidline again & see what happens. I know it doesnt happen every time though because i have used my fluidlines quite a lot.

Originally Posted by Laura Does anybody else have this problem? Oh no, I'm so sorry Laura.
icon_cry.gif
I've never had a problem with fluidlines, but I rarely react to anything ever. Try testing them out out on your inner arm for the day or something to see if that swells up
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by Laura I wore MAC Richground Fluidline yesterday and my eye started swelling up last night, exactly where the product was. It's still swollen this morning right on my top lash line (i didnt apply it anywhere else). So i was thinking back just there & i remember now that the last time my eye swelled up like that was when i used MAC DipDown Fluidline a few weeks back. I dont think it has ever happened with my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner though. I wonder if i'm allergic to the fluidlines. Does anybody else have this problem? Were you using a clean brush? If you were, maybe it wasn't rinsed well enough and the soap irritated your eye?? I am not sure, since I would think that if you were allergic, your eye would swell everytime. Maybe you can compare ingredients between the fluidline and the Bobbi Brown, and see if there is a difference...

Oh maybe it was the brush.. I couldnt find my usual brush (bobbi brown ultra fine e/l brush) so i used my BB Concealer brush that i had washed the day before with baby shampoo. So maybe i didnt wash out the shampoo or something? Although baby shampoo is gentle enough for babies, so it shouldnt really irritate my eyes.

I'll try it on my inner rims like you mentioned too Lea! I'm really loving the colour. It looks amazing with blue eyes!

Well I have same problem with Smudgepot when I put it on my lower lashes,I have a terrible burning!!
icon_sad.gif

Eek, that sounds sore Sophia. I didnt feel any pain yesterday when i applied it but i could feel it swelling up about 8 hours later so i'm still not sure if its definitely the fluidlines or not. Although, as i said it did happen before when i used DipDown too.

Latest posts

Back