Allergies and makeup don't mix!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The midwest pollen and mold counts are ridiculous right now. My allergies are worse than they've ever been. I have super itchy watery eyes and I am sneezing almost continuously. I haven't been able to wear makeup for days (okay I tried on the weekend and ended up looking like a raccoon). So frustrating. I think I may pick up some claritin just so I can wear it (and stop rubbing my poor tender eyes).

Can anyone relate? I want to be pretty, waahhh!

Okay, vent over.

I can so relate!

It's why I didn't wear makeup today - my eyes aren't watering (for once, thank God!!), but they are super itchy and irritated. I've also been sneezing all day (more like all week...
frown.gif
). You should ask your doctor about Patanol eye drops if itchy, watery eyes happen a lot for you - they've been a life saver for me!! I also love Refresh Tears eye drops. I use these when my eyes are just itchy and irritated, and they make them feel much, much better. My mom uses Clariton, and it works great for her. Anyways, I hope they're better soon!!
smile.gif

P.S. Have you been treated by an allergist?

No I haven't seen an allergist---my allergies have never been this bad with symptoms lasting so long. Right now I'm hoping for a good rain soon to wash the pollens out of the air.

I'll check into those drops---they sound like just what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I can so relate!
It's why I didn't wear makeup today - my eyes aren't watering (for once, thank God!!), but they are super itchy and irritated. I've also been sneezing all day (more like all week...
frown.gif
). You should ask your doctor about Patanol eye drops if itchy, watery eyes happen a lot for you - they've been a life saver for me!! I also love Refresh Tears eye drops. I use these when my eyes are just itchy and irritated, and they make them feel much, much better. My mom uses Clariton, and it works great for her. Anyways, I hope they're better soon!!
smile.gif

P.S. Have you been treated by an allergist?

I know what your talking about, I live in WI.

My dh uses allegra, its the only thing that helps him. I am fourtunate enough not to get alergies, i just sneeze once every morning... not sure why and thats relly all i get.

my nose is always sniffling when my allergies act up. so i'm always blowing my nose, so my foundation gets wiped away all of the time. lol

Allergies and makeup definately don't mix. During the daytime my eyes are so dried out and itchy. The other day my eyes were so itchy and dried out I started rubbing and completely forgot I had mascara and was wear MAC pigments for eye liner and shadow--it didn't really mix well in my eye. At night my eyes water for some reason, so I look like i'm crying and my foundation comes right off.

Oh god. I just got my makeup done at mac and it was so bad. this morning i was sneezing like crazy. i took a benadryl pill and it barely did anything. my eyes were watering and were red. i was trying to hold back from sneezing. i had to go to the bathroom and once i got to the hallway, i started sneezing like crazy again. i think i used a whole box of tissue from mac. lol

Yes the allergens have really been flying around here too. Could my eyes be anymore red and watery? I was prescribed Nasonex..this spray and have been using eye drops and wonderful Liberator.
icon_evil.gif

Long Island, NY is no better - we need a good hard down pouring rain !!!

Originally Posted by CWHF The midwest pollen and mold counts are ridiculous right now. My allergies are worse than they've ever been. I have super itchy watery eyes and I am sneezing almost continuously. I haven't been able to wear makeup for days (okay I tried on the weekend and ended up looking like a raccoon). So frustrating. I think I may pick up some claritin just so I can wear it (and stop rubbing my poor tender eyes).
Can anyone relate? I want to be pretty, waahhh!

Okay, vent over.

Latest posts

Back