Allure Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the Allure beauty box? I watched a video on Youtube of some girl that bought the beauty box for 2011, i'm very interested in buying one for 2012, but I can't seem to find if they have them out yet? I've been searching high and low, i'm hoping that they will be available soon. 

For those of you who don't know what it is, (from my knowledge) you basically pay $39.99, +10.00 shipping for this one huge box that has items worth $200+ if that inside, and I heard you can only get this box once a year. I think it's worth it and I was hoping someone could guide me as to where I could sign up for one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They usually announce on the Allure site when they are available. I think it's usually somewhere around May, and then they do another one in November. I would just kind of keep an eye out on their site for it. 

I wonder if they will still do those this year, since there is now the "sample Society" thing going on. SHall be interesting to see.

I've seen the Allure boxes but never bought one. They're now offering Sample Society with Beauty Bar for $15 a month.

Oh I hope they still do :/ 
I missed out on the last two, because I didn't know about them until recently.. 

Has anyone recently been "invited" to Sample Society yet?  I am still waiting to be added.  Just wondering.  Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone has been "invited" to join Sample Society.  I have been on their waiting list for a month or so.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by klotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering if anyone has been "invited" to join Sample Society.  I have been on their waiting list for a month or so.  Thanks!

Yup, people on here have. In the thread that is linked, it's been posted about extensively. 

I signed up last month, I was on the waitlist for about a week or so. 

I jointed the sample society and after my first sample box I cancelled.  It costs $15 a month and judging by the first box I received I thought it was not a good deal.  I received  5 sample sized items which if I went to a department store I could probably have received  them free. They are package in a nice box with silvery tissue paper,that probably is part of the cost along with postage. You receive a $15 gift card which you can use towards the purchase of any of the brands sampled but the order has to be $50 or more.

You can try it out and than cancel. They were quick with a reply when I cancelled and hopefully they will not charge me again.

Originally Posted by Tulipp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the Allure beauty box? I watched a video on Youtube of some girl that bought the beauty box for 2011, i'm very interested in buying one for 2012, but I can't seem to find if they have them out yet? I've been searching high and low, i'm hoping that they will be available soon. 

For those of you who don't know what it is, (from my knowledge) you basically pay $39.99, +10.00 shipping for this one huge box that has items worth $200+ if that inside, and I heard you can only get this box once a year. I think it's worth it and I was hoping someone could guide me as to where I could sign up for one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can you share the link of video here?

https://allurebbfulfillment.com/april2012site/

Shipping is a flat $10. Total price: $49.99

CeraVe® SA Renewing Lotion

Neutrogena MoistureShine® Lip Soother

Oscar Blandi Pronto DRY SHAMPOO SPRAY

Fekkai Glossing Cream

John Frieda Frizz-Ease® Sheer Solution™ Lightweight Frizz Control

???

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer

John Fredia Full Repairâ„¢ Style Revivalâ„¢

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock 70+

Redken Powder Refresh 01

Aloxxi Color Care leave in conditioner

Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo
Pantene Aqua Light Conditioner

Jergens Natual Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer

Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash
John Frieda Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray
Clean and Clear MORNING BURST® Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser
Gillette Venus and Olay
Tan Towel Body Classic Towelettes
Pureology Perfect 4 Platinum Miracle Filler treatment
Biore Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser
Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

Part of the reason I like the samplers is that I get a chance to try out things I wouldn't have normally picked up on my own, either because I've never used that type of product before, or because the brand is too expensive for me to gamble money on.  The most exciting things to me on the list are the nail polishes and dry shampoo (only because dry shampoo is still new to me, so it qualifies as "fun"), the rest are only things that "I'd use them if I had them lying around" (and might have picked up on a random trip to Target) which just makes this convenient, not exciting to me, so probably not worth $50 for me.

I had some problems placing an order earlier saying that I have to correct some information. I checked my card and it zeroed out my balance.

I called my bank and told me that there are 5 pending authorizations from Allure and emailed them right away. I am glad that the issue was settled in an hour. Allure reversed the authorization and my account is okay again, They told me to place another order if I want to and put the correct billing address but I do not want to use the same card, so I used my other card.

At first I was hesitant to place an order because I have too much stuff in the house already. I realize this might be a good buy because we travel often back and forth Northern and Southern Cal. I'll keep other stuff in our SoCal home then some here in Emeryville :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The prob is, im natural tan, I do not know if I'll use the tanning stuff, i might look like an oompa loompa :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This box looks really good, if everything is full sized. But I don't get why they put two dry shampoo products and two tanning products in the box. One probably would have been enough. Also the John Freida Go Blonder spray would only work for blondes, but I wouldn't use it because even though I am blonde, I get my hair highlighted and I don't want it interfering with my highlights/ruining them.

Not only did they include include 2 dry shampoos...they included 2 hair products only for Blondes...the John Frieda and the Pureology..I had no idea the Pureology was only for blonde hair until I got my box today.  I am kind of pissed off because I was so excited to try a Pureology product...I'm going to test it out though....I might still be able to use it even though I have red hair.

Latest posts

Back