allure: july 2005

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
in this issue, there was a lot of lashes talk. i loved towards the beginning where it has the beauty by numbers (page 34) all the facts about lashes.

i also loved the article about mascara (102). it's 5 pages. who wouldn't love it?
tongue.gif
it was nice how they described the brushes for certain looks. i never really thought about the brushes being so important, but it makes sense. i was really surprised to see l'oreal's double extend on the "over the top" list.

i'm not too crazy about hilary swank
redface.gif

the joan rivers article was a waste of space.

Allure.jpg

Originally Posted by Charmaine Waaahhh Jen! Now you're gonna make me buy this Allure issue
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL get it! it's worth it. sooo much about mascaras and such. i think this was my favorite so far.

OOOHH.. I need this ! Thanks for posting that, because I've always wanted to know what brushes did what.. the thinner brushes with short bristles always worked great on me with thin, long and light brown lashes.

I actually just started getting Allure (and Lucky) both for $20 a year!

Anyway....I haven't had the time to read it yet.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Leadfoot I actually just started getting Allure (and Lucky) both for $20 a year!
Anyway....I haven't had the time to read it yet.
icon_neutral.gif

Is lucky a new one? What is it about? I guess I don't get out much!
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by fiji Is lucky a new one? What is it about? I guess I don't get out much!
icon_cry.gif
Lucky is "The Magazine about Shopping"
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
My kind of magazine!

Originally Posted by sommergirl Hi Marisol! I also have an Allure subscription. Do find that the magazine will be in stores before you get it in the mail? I always see it in stores before I get it. I don't know why this bugs me so much
icon_evil.gif
! I guess I expect we subscribers should be the first to get it! Definately! I am with you 100%.

Yeah, it bugs me too when I get my magazine so late. I just got mine today! Grrr
icon_evil.gif

Anyway, I am not a Hillary Swank fan either. She either looks gorgeous or totally weird, there's no in between. She looks totally weird to me on this cover. And I love Allure but their covers are so freaking boring. It's always the same. They've been doing these close-up shots on the cover for like 2 years now! It's a pet peeve of mine. (Last month's Ellen DeGeneres did look amazing tho)

Love the lashes article!!! Tips on mascara, curling, and falsies! I want to try falsies but I'm afraid it'll be hard or look too theatrical. Anyone wear them in real life, other than at Halloween?

I found the Joan Rivers article kind of interesting but then as i read it started to scare me a bit! It reminded me of the movie "Death Becomes Her" where the women are immortal but their bodies keep falling apart and they have to fix them with spackle and stuff!
icon_eek.gif

I haven't had time to read much else yet.

Originally Posted by glamslam Yeah, it bugs me too when I get my magazine so late. I just got mine today! Me too! I will read it over the weekend and report back!
3_3_5v.gif

meeyan i miss my allure subscription.. my friend got me one and it ran out.. lol i hafta renew it

..lash talk really? anything on falsies?

Originally Posted by sommergirl Lucky has been around for several years. It is a great mag for shopping. They tell you where to buy everything you see in the mag. They list hot shopping websites, offer special deals that are really good, and if you are a fan of QVC you can subscribe to a "QVC" Lucky. It has top picks of QVC, shows what's new & trendy. I LOVE it :icon_love ! I also subscribe to another shopping mag called Shop etc.... I will not renew, it is no where near Lucky for advice, etc...so get your butt out more often
icon_lol.gif
& pick up Lucky! i love lucky.. they always know whats hot even before its hot
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by mAra meeyan i miss my allure subscription.. my friend got me one and it ran out.. lol i hafta renew it
..lash talk really? anything on falsies?

Here is a thread on fake lashes that you may find interesting. HTH!

thanks, I saw the thread.. I was actually hoping for a comparison on brands.. cause I've tried alcone, mac and sugar which I all liked, but maybe there's other good ones out there.. hMm.. I haven't tried the reviews yet.. .

Oooo...salon falsies! So decadent! I bet they looked hot!

And LOL about the "4 letter words flyin" comment!!!
hahaha.gif

today at noon was the freebie giveaways for a new prescriptives foundation that comes out in august (which i was one of the first 500 or whatever the number was) and that honey scrub, it said all of them were given away already. i set my alarm at 11:45 to remind me every month LOL

back in february i think it was i was one of the first 500 to get the benefit zit concealer or something like that and i had my guy friend sign up for me, too, and i never got it! what a ripoff. let's see if i get the foundation.

Allure ALWAYS tells me that all are given away or the promo is over. I hate that. I saw the TAILORMADE ad though! oh my, those palettes look so nice.. MUST-RESIST-THE-PALETTES! just.say.no! NO! NOOOO!! grrr. i know this wont work..

Yeah, i get mine well after the issues are in the store. Whats worse is before i got a subscription, i would buy it early, forget i had it.. later in the month buy it again. and be like, wait? didnt i read this? GRRRRRRRRRRRR
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe Allure ALWAYS tells me that all are given away or the promo is over. I hate that. i think it's because they're really gone. people like me sit in front of their computers at noon on the given day LOL

Latest posts

Back