Almay Intense I-Color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this? I bought the trio eyeshadow and eyeliner for green eyes. I wasn't too impressed after I put it on--I guess I was hoping to see more of a "pop" of green in my eyes, but I didn't. My eyes are a dark green color, and I thought it would just make my eyes brighter.

I like the eyeliner the most. its really creamy and easy to apply, stays on all day. shadows are so so, sometimes it is hard to blend them. my eyes didn't pop too much after applying full i-color makeup
wink.gif
however, my eyecolor is more gray than blue... maybe that's why. plus, i have to admit that almay had great adds for it, they were very convincing, but I was aware that the effect in reality wont be as spectacular...

Originally Posted by Brelki Has anyone else tried this? I bought the trio eyeshadow and eyeliner for green eyes. I wasn't too impressed after I put it on--I guess I was hoping to see more of a "pop" of green in my eyes, but I didn't. My eyes are a dark green color, and I thought it would just make my eyes brighter. I haven't tried this myself, but i have seen the compacts and the shadows are the same color as the eyecolor in which they're suppose to enhance. I always heard that you arent supposed to use eye shadow the same color as your eye color, instead use contrasting or opposite colors of the spectrum. I think for green eyes a bronze color or plum like MAC's star violet would look awesome for you:icon_love it's worth the investment for a nice shade

Originally Posted by looooch I haven't tried this myself, but i have seen the compacts and the shadows are the same color as the eyecolor in which they're suppose to enhance. I always heard that you arent supposed to use eye shadow the same color as your eye color, instead use contrasting or opposite colors of the spectrum. I think for green eyes a bronze color or plum like MAC's star violet would look awesome for you:icon_love it's worth the investment for a nice shade

That's what I've always heard too, that you should use contrasting colors. I have blue eyes, and their e/s for blue eyes includes browns which are good contrasting colors, but also blues, and I just can't see how that would work, even looking at the sample applications on the package. Actually I thought the brown and blue shadows looked kind of weird together anyway.
In fact, when I looked at the model on the package, she had the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen, they almost looked turquoise -- she must have been wearing contacts, or the picture must have been touched up, or something -- I've never seen anyone with eyes like that! There's no way my eyes would ever look like that!

Originally Posted by girl_geek That's what I've always heard too, that you should use contrasting colors. I have blue eyes, and their e/s for blue eyes includes browns which are good contrasting colors, but also blues, and I just can't see how that would work, even looking at the sample applications on the package. Actually I thought the brown and blue shadows looked kind of weird together anyway.
In fact, when I looked at the model on the package, she had the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen, they almost looked turquoise -- she must have been wearing contacts, or the picture must have been touched up, or something -- I've never seen anyone with eyes like that! There's no way my eyes would ever look like that!

I bought their e/s kit for blue eyes and actually I had high expections but I was really dissappointed and threw it away after trying it twice. the e/s were poorly pigmented and indeed, the brown and blue e/s looked weird together and the colors were a little muddy too.
maybe the kits for the other eye colors are better...they looked better in the packaging but what was I supposed to do *lol* I have blue eyes
biggrin.gif

I got the one for green eyes, and the colors they give you are horrible! And they made me look like I had 2 black eyes, seeing as they were very dark and the purple and green made them look very similar to bruises, but what I don't understand the one for hazel eyes looks beautiful! The soft pink and brown, natural and pretty. But the green eye trio...............
icon_evil.gif

Today I tried to see if i can be creative so they don't go to waste. What I did was I added the dark green as if it where my eyeliner but a little thicker but not over the entire lid. Then I put a sparkly sheer white over it and smudged the green line so it blended very beautifully! It look natural, it kinda reminded me of green tea(don't ask---and of course in a good way!) It wasn't crazy lookin at all and now love it.:icon_love

Originally Posted by usersassychick0 I got the one for green eyes, and the colors they give you are horrible! And they made me look like I had 2 black eyes, seeing as they were very dark and the purple and green made them look very similar to bruises, but what I don't understand the one for hazel eyes looks beautiful! The soft pink and brown, natural and pretty. But the green eye trio...............
icon_evil.gif

Today I tried to see if i can be creative so they don't go to waste. What I did was I added the dark green as if it where my eyeliner but a little thicker but not over the entire lid. Then I put a sparkly sheer white over it and smudged the green line so it blended very beautifully! It look natural, it kinda reminded me of green tea(don't ask---and of course in a good way!) It wasn't crazy lookin at all and now love it.:icon_love

Sassychick0: That's EXACTLY what I was talking about!! I didn't have unrealistic expectations when I bought it, I just didn't think it would look that unattractive when applied. I'll have to try blending the green with a white. Thanks!

I have blue-gray eyes and it did nothing for them. I guess the gray color over-powers the blue in my eyes, also my eyes are kind of dark. I guess it doesn't work for everyone. It's okay cuz I got it free from walgreens. (Husband works there)

Latest posts

Back