Alright ladies, who is a gamer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Kimb3rly It's GTA but with heaps more ridiculousness. And an A-MA-ZING character customization format, which always gets me by the heart string. You give me the ability to create a fully customizeable character and I'm sold.

Honestly, I think Assassin's creed is mostly hype with the exception of the second game. Assassin's Creed II is incredible! All the others though... bland, repetitive, and boring. The overall story is great. I'd read the novel/watch the show, and I can't really say that the overall design and technical aspects of the games aren't impressive, but they lack that certain... "oomph" that would really make them appealing. Not to mention, after Ubisoft's disappointing reveal at E3 that they decided not to put any lady assassins in the new Unity game because they're "too hard to animate" I'm pretty much done with them. What, did you need to spend a year on each breast or something? Then they just dismissed not having playable female characters as "A reality of gaming development." Yeah, because we really need another game with playable scruffy white, early-30-something, dark-haired, light-eyed dudes. -deep sigh-  <_<

Still, Assassin's Creed II is their redemptive game, I recommend it highly.

@@Esthylove Unicorns are strange and mystic creatures. It's understandable that you would have difficulty unlocking their mystery. lol. 

Any of you ladies played something from the Harvest Moon series? It's a cute little farming simulator where you build up your farm, harvest crops, breed livestock, court a lady or dude (depending on what version you have), get married, raise a kid.... It's strangely addicting. I have like six of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Kimb3rly It's GTA but with heaps more ridiculousness. And an A-MA-ZING character customization format, which always gets me by the heart string. You give me the ability to create a fully customizeable character and I'm sold.

Honestly, I think Assassin's creed is mostly hype with the exception of the second game. Assassin's Creed II is incredible! All the others though... bland, repetitive, and boring. The overall story is great. I'd read the novel/watch the show, and I can't really say that the overall design and technical aspects of the games aren't impressive, but they lack that certain... "oomph" that would really make them appealing. Not to mention, after Ubisoft's disappointing reveal at E3 that they decided not to put any lady assassins in the new Unity game because they're "too hard to animate" I'm pretty much done with them. What, did you need to spend a year on each breast or something? Then they just dismissed not having playable female characters as "A reality of gaming development." Yeah, because we really need another game with playable scruffy white, early-30-something, dark-haired, light-eyed dudes. -deep sigh-  <_<

Still, Assassin's Creed II is their redemptive game, I recommend it highly.

@@Esthylove Unicorns are strange and mystic creatures. It's understandable that you would have difficulty unlocking their mystery. lol. 

Any of you ladies played something from the Harvest Moon series? It's a cute little farming simulator where you build up your farm, harvest crops, breed livestock, court a lady or dude (depending on what version you have), get married, raise a kid.... It's strangely addicting. I have like six of them.
LOL. I just kept making it eat, I wasn't sure what the point of the game was. It was taking up space so I went ahead and uninstalled it, but hey I gave it a chance.

That game you mentioned sounds like farmville mixed with the sims. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@pokeballssohard  That's exactly what I dislike about AC.  It's repeatative in a non-engaging way.  My husband has AC 2, so I'll try that one out.  I tried to get into Black Flag, but again...same sh*t different sequel.  I'm intrigued by Unity coming later this year, but only because it's revolutionary Paris.  They dropped a big opportunity by excluding playable female characters.

I do have several Harvest Moon games!  I always get upset with how long it takes the freaking chickens to lay eggs.  I need instant gratification!  If I feed it, I need it to produce whatever it does right then!  lol

@@Esthylove Yeah, that's a pretty good comparison. It's from a Japanese developer called Natsume, and they've been been making Harvest Moon games since the SNES. It's a pretty established game series. They even announced new ones at E3! I know that the GBA games are pretty easy to play on an emulator if you ever wanted to look into them. They are HIGHLY addicting. 

@@Kimb3rly Which ones do you own? I love the ones for Gamecube (A Wonderful Life and Magic Melody) and the HM DS ones.

Haha, right? And they take so long to gain heart levels! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WIN THE CHICKEN FESTIVAL IF YOU ALL HATE ME FOR 3 YEARS!?

You should check out the Rune Factory series. It's by Nastume too, and it's pretty much the same, except it's set in a fantasy world where you battle monsters. You can even tame some of them as livestock. It's pretty fun.

@@Esthylove Yeah, that's a pretty good comparison. It's from a Japanese developer called Natsume, and they've been been making Harvest Moon games since the SNES. It's a pretty established game series. They even announced new ones at E3! I know that the GBA games are pretty easy to play on an emulator if you ever wanted to look into them. They are HIGHLY addicting. 

@@Kimb3rly Which ones do you own? I love the ones for Gamecube (A Wonderful Life and Magic Melody) and the HM DS ones.

Haha, right? And they take so long to gain heart levels! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WIN THE CHICKEN FESTIVAL IF YOU ALL HATE ME FOR 3 YEARS!?

You should check out the Rune Factory series. It's by Nastume too, and it's pretty much the same, except it's set in a fantasy world where you battle monsters. You can even tame some of them as livestock. It's pretty fun.
I'll have to look into it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have The Tale of Two Towns for DS and A Wonderful Life and Magical Melody for Gamecube.  Between those two, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion it's the only reason the Gamecube is still hanging around my house.  lol

I actually have Rune Factory: Frontier on my Gamestop wishlist.  I noticed there are several.  Is that one any good or are there better?

Also...Professor Layton.  I swear I think I'm going to have to buy a 3DS.  I can't believe they only released the next Layton on 3DS.

Also...Professor Layton.  I swear I think I'm going to have to buy a 3DS.  I can't believe they only released the next Layton on 3DS.
My husband has one and he loves it. I think he has the one with two screens and you can turn the 3D on or off. I think we got it at Best Buy and had one of those reward coupon things.

I mostly play games that are apps. I really do miss my Super Nintendo from when I was a youngster though.

Right now I'm obsessed with The Simpsons Tapped Out. Ugh. I have spent way too much time on that game. Anyone else play it?

I go through gamer phases.  I used to really be into WoW (like 8 hrs+ a day on it), but then it just got too dumbed down for me. Every once in a while though I have a ping to pick it back up again, but I never do.

Love Minecraft, again go through phases where I pick it up and play for like a month straight and then don't have anything to do with it again.  For the past year or so I've been working my way through Far Cry 3 WHICH I LOVE, but if I get really stuck somewhere I will boycott and that's what's happening with that right now.  I've also been getting a pinch to pick up GTAV again because my boyfriend picked it back up and I love watching him play.  I may actually play it when I get home tonight...

I'm definitely more of a casual gamer now.  I love playing arcade-like games on my phone and on Facebook, I definitely am playing something on one of those platforms at any given time.  Right now I'm playing Ninja Up on my phone.

Latest posts

Back