Aniston on split with Pitt

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so buying this issue of Vanity Fair.

'I love Brad,' actress says -- but she's moving on

NEW YORK (AP) -- In her first interview since splitting with Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston says she was "shocked" by the breakup and is trying to "pick up the pieces in the midst of this media circus."

Aniston broke down twice during the interview for the September issue of Vanity Fair, on newsstands nationally August 9. Mostly, though, the actress comes across as resilient.

"Am I lonely? Yes. Am I upset? Yes. Am I confused? Yes. Do I have my days when I've thrown a little pity party for myself? Absolutely. But I'm also doing really well."

Holed up in her Malibu, Calif., bungalow, the 36-year-old actress says the media coverage and tabloid rumors have been hard to deal with -- especially reports that she didn't want to start a family.

"A man divorcing would never be accused of choosing career over children," she says. "I've never in my life said I didn't want children. I did and I do and I will!"

Aniston filed for divorce in March, citing irreconcilable differences after 4 1/2 years of marriage. The couple separated in January.

Aniston says she was aware of Pitt's attraction to Angelina Jolie, his "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" co-star, but doesn't blame their split on her.

"It's just complicated," Aniston says. "There are all these levels of growth -- and when you stop growing together, that's when the problems happen."

But when pictures showing Pitt and Jolie together with her 3-year-old son, Maddox, on a beach in Africa were published, the former "Friends" star says, "the world was shocked and I was shocked."

She was also hurt by a fashion spread in W magazine -- a concept of Pitt's -- that showed the actor and Jolie as a 1960's-style married couple.

"There's a sensitivity chip that's missing," Aniston says of Pitt.

Says Aniston: "I just don't know what happened. ... I feel as if I'm trying to scrounge around and pick up the pieces in the midst of this media circus."

Otherwise refusing to talk badly of Pitt, the actress says she doesn't want to mimic the bitterness of her parents' divorce.

"I love Brad; I really love him. I will love him for the rest of my life," says Aniston. "I don't regret any of it, and I'm not going to beat myself up about it."

"The sad thing, for me, is the way it's been reduced to a Hollywood cliche -- or maybe it's just a human cliche."

Another false report, Aniston says, is her relationship with Vince Vaughn, her co-star in the upcoming movie "The Break Up."

"I like a lot of people, but I'm sooo not 'in like' with anybody."

Aniston also hasn't lost her sense of humor. On Pitt's recently dyed blond hair, she says, "Billy Idol called -- he wants his look back."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Quote:

Aniston says she was aware of Pitt's attraction to Angelina Jolie, his "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" co-star, but doesn't blame their split on her.

right, Celebs...fft

Originally Posted by Marisol

Why you laughing T?

Jen and Brad were seriously THE best couple and they were perfect for eachother!

Originally Posted by Leta112 Jen and Brad were seriously THE best couple and they were perfect for eachother! THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by Marisol THANK YOU! You are very welcome
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Leta112 You are very welcome
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I used to think Brad and Gwyneth PAltrow were perfect together yet they too split with both saying nice things about each other. DOes anybody recall the reason they split? I felt sad about those two at the time and found it wierd when he started dating Aniston and now its happened again.
icon_sad.gif

i'm telling ya life with Brad Pitt must have a definite shelf-life... it's like he goes through stages in his life so the lady has to fit the stage... when the stage is done, so is the lady....

i'm happy that Jen is not all bitter and spewing hatred because it truly makes her look much better in the publics eye and i bet she's more at peace with the split because she's not dwelling on negativity... i hope she ends up happy and married with like 3 kids (which will completely blow Brad's 'defense' out of the water)...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I read Aniston's comments on her split with Brad. Assuming what she said was really "what she said" - it always annoys me when women ignore the fact that their husband / bf obviously cheated on them and they make statements like "I choose to believe my husband" - which to me is the same thing as saying "I choose to live in denial." Uh. Ok. Whatever gets you through the night.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Granted, Hollywood marriages don't have a reputation for lasting anyway. But - please - Jennifer - call it like it is. Don't be so naive!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Brad's a CHEAT! Just like Jude Law.

Originally Posted by Amethyst I read Aniston's comments on her split with Brad. Assuming what she said was really "what she said" - it always annoys me when women ignore the fact that their husband / bf obviously cheated on them and they make statements like "I choose to believe my husband" - which to me is the same thing as saying "I choose to live in denial." Uh. Ok. Whatever gets you through the night.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Granted, Hollywood marriages don't have a reputation for lasting anyway. But - please - Jennifer - call it like it is. Don't be so naive!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Brad's a CHEAT! Just like Jude Law.

I agree! Brad left her for another woman and she needs to realize that!

Gweneth and Brad were ok for eachother but like Aniston and Brad were like a match made in heaven! I think that Gweneth and Chris Martin are very cute together and they have such an adorable and precious baby!

Ok, I bought Vanity Fair magazine on the way home tonight and read Jennifer Aniston's article. Maybe I'm hormonal now but it really depressed the hell out of me. I don't even know Aniston and I feel like it happened to a close friend of mine!

Brad's a cheat! Boo to Brad!!
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Ok, I bought Vanity Fair magazine on the way home tonight and read Jennifer Aniston's article. Maybe I'm hormonal now but it really depressed the hell out of me. I don't even know Aniston and I feel like it happened to a close friend of mine!
Brad's a cheat! Boo to Brad!!
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif

Its already out? I thought that it wasn't coming out until the 9th.

Gweneth and Brad were ok for eachother but like Aniston and Brad were like a match made in heaven! I think that Gweneth and Chris Martin are very cute together and they have such an adorable and precious baby!

i agree that Gwyneth and Chris are cute together but when she was with Brad they , in my opinion, looked very happy together. I was more upset when they split as there were no rumours beforehand of having problems where as with him and Jennifer there have been rumours that all was not well before Angelina came along.

Jennifer did admit that they grew apart and breaking up is never easy especaily when one person seems to move on quicker but who are we to judge either of them.we only see what they want us to !!

icon_wink.gif
Good luck to both of them
icon_lol.gif

[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back