Anniversary codes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Technically since you will be a yearly subscriber, you will no longer have 3, 6 or 9 month anniversaries.. does that make sense? Only monthly accounts have monthly anniversaries..

I have seen people who are yearly say they never received the codes, and why would they?

Anyway, I have also heard that after the 3, 6 and 9 month anniversaries no more codes are given out, so its not like you will miss anything. Unless of course, you cancel the account and start up a new one to get all the codes again on that one.. 
I have an annual account and I just received my 6 month code, and I received my 3 month code in March. Birchbox needs to get there stuff straight.

hmm yea thats the first time I hear of a yearly account getting a monthly anniversary code.. that is strange.. I wonder if anyone who has had BB for over a year still gets the code, thats what I am interested in knowing.. so that I can decide whether or not to go yearly come September. 

I have an annual account and I received a 3 month code and a 6 month code. I received my 9 month code earlier this week.

I've been a subscriber since May of last year, so just over a year.  My last anniversary code was the 9-month code in January.

As for the pink box for annual subscribers, they did away with that a few months ago (which I'm sad about because I switched to annual shortly before they did that, and I wanted a pink box solely for the color) and apparently replaced it with a bonus full-size product, but I don't recall seeing anyone posting anything about what they received as their bonus product.  Has anyone seen that show up in their box?

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Technically since you will be a yearly subscriber, you will no longer have 3, 6 or 9 month anniversaries.. does that make sense? Only monthly accounts have monthly anniversaries..

I have seen people who are yearly say they never received the codes, and why would they?

Anyway, I have also heard that after the 3, 6 and 9 month anniversaries no more codes are given out, so its not like you will miss anything. Unless of course, you cancel the account and start up a new one to get all the codes again on that one.. 
I emailed Paulina about it and she said even though I am a yearly I would still get the month anniversaries. She said I would get my 3rd month code on my 4th month.

But after my 3rd month code during my first year with them. I never got 6 or 9. Ughh!!

I received my 3 month anniversary code this morning in my inbox, I went to apply it on my current cart and it said it wasn't valid? Should I wait a while and try it later or go ahead and email them? It's only good for a week.

I got my 9 month code this morning and I'm annual. idk, it seems random. It might be based on how  often you shop, too. 

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my 3 month anniversary code this morning in my inbox, I went to apply it on my current cart and it said it wasn't valid? Should I wait a while and try it later or go ahead and email them? It's only good for a week.
Mine doesnt work yet either
frown.gif

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine doesnt work yet either
frown.gif
I went ahead and emailed them. It has been taking so long lately to get any response that I figured better to do it sooner than later or I might totally not get any use out of it... I wish it was good for longer than a week though, there might be something in my July box that I really love and want. I haven't gotten July's box in the mail yet.

Yay, got a response and the code it working now for those of you who have had trouble as well. I guess they have expanded their staff to handle customer service! Basically my email said to make sure I was logged in, put the code in the coupon box, and have the min $ amount reached.

Question : iam a Monthly subscriber if i update to yearly sub can i use my points for birchbox boxes instead of full sized products? Can any one help?

Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question : iam a Monthly subscriber if i update to yearly sub can i use my points for birchbox boxes instead of full sized products? Can any one help?
No. It use to be that you could but not since April or May.

Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are able to use points for purchasing gift subscriptions. Also, IIRC and if it hasn't changed, when you upgrade to yearly, you are given the opportunity to use any accrued points to offset your sub. However, they have made some changes lately, so that may no longer be the case.

Does anyone know if you can use the 20% off when upgrading to a yearly subscription? Thinking of trying this out when my 6 month code is available.

As far as I know you can't. I recall trying it once and it wouldn't work but that was before their last change so anything is possible.

Just the thread I was looking for! I'm a bit annoyed -- I got an email from Birchbox saying today's my last day to use my 6 month anniversary code. This was my first time hearing that I even had a code to use! I'm fairly certain they didn't send me anything before -- I get a bunch of their emails, so I know their address doesn't land in my spam folder. After going through this thread, I am (a) excited to know there's a 9 month anniversary code...I'd much rather use my points + discount then, ( B) worried that they won't email me anything when March rolls around (my 9 mo anniversary). Has anyone ever emailed them to say "hey, it's my anniv. month....gimme my code!!"? lol I just feel like I should take advantage of my 6 mo code now, just in case I never get the 9 mo. :-/

Originally Posted by dolceloure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just the thread I was looking for! I'm a bit annoyed -- I got an email from Birchbox saying today's my last day to use my 6 month anniversary code. This was my first time hearing that I even had a code to use! I'm fairly certain they didn't send me anything before -- I get a bunch of their emails, so I know their address doesn't land in my spam folder. After going through this thread, I am (a) excited to know there's a 9 month anniversary code...I'd much rather use my points + discount then, ( B) worried that they won't email me anything when March rolls around (my 9 mo anniversary). Has anyone ever emailed them to say "hey, it's my anniv. month....gimme my code!!"? lol I just feel like I should take advantage of my 6 mo code now, just in case I never get the 9 mo. :-/
I got the same thing for my 3 month. Ugh!

Decided I needed to use the 20% off code, in case I never see one again, lol. With 20% off + 300 points + free shipping, I got a Stila palette for $1.20. Hooray!
claps.gif

Just got an email saying I'm getting a pink Birchbox key chain (haven't received it yet) and a 25% off code.  Cool!  I don't think it's an anniversary code, as it just mentions being a loyal member of the Birchbox community.  I think I'll pick up the Atelier Orange Sanguine cologne with it.

Back