Annual Upgrade Offer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did anyone else get the email about upgrading to an annual subscription? They offered me 110 extra points a special "bonus" box using a promocode... so I decided to go ahead and do it as I've been a monthly subscriber for almost a year.

Hope I don't regret it, haha.

Originally Posted by SetToStunning /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get the email about upgrading to an annual subscription? They offered me 110 extra points a special "bonus" box using a promocode... so I decided to go ahead and do it as I've been a monthly subscriber for almost a year.

Hope I don't regret it, haha.

I WISH! I'm happy enough with BB that I would do it in a HEARTbeat

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I WISH! I'm happy enough with BB that I would do it in a HEARTbeat

it looks like the code could be used by anyone. Here's what the email says..

Thank you for being such a loyal Birchbox customer. To get the most out of your monthly deliveries, why not upgrade to an annual subscription? You'll score one free box per year and 110 Birchbox Points just for signing up. And if you upgrade by February 29th, we’ll gift you an extra-pink Birchbox with a special little surprise, plus you'll get 100 BONUS Birchbox Points*. To complete your upgrade, just enter code ‘upgrade100annual’ at checkout. Happy sampling!

So I guess its 100 bonus points, not 110. Whatever, all the same to me haha.

I think its saying 110 point for signing up, plus the 100 points, so 210 points

Originally Posted by SetToStunning /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it looks like the code could be used by anyone. Here's what the email says..

Thank you for being such a loyal Birchbox customer. To get the most out of your monthly deliveries, why not upgrade to an annual subscription? You'll score one free box per year and 110 Birchbox Points just for signing up. And if you upgrade by February 29th, we’ll gift you an extra-pink Birchbox with a special little surprise, plus you'll get 100 BONUS Birchbox Points*. To complete your upgrade, just enter code ‘upgrade100annual’ at checkout. Happy sampling!

So I guess its 100 bonus points, not 110. Whatever, all the same to me haha.

Jealous! I already have an annual subscription so obviously they wouldn't send me that, but those points will be super useful! 

I just upgraded using that code and I got 210 points.

By "scoring" a free box I think they mean because $110 is only 11 boxes if you go monthly so you're getting the 12th for free.

I am confused by the "extra pink" box however. Is this going to be the pink box they have on your 13th month which doesn't seem to be anything special as in a surprise or is this going to be something different.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just upgraded using that code and I got 210 points.

By "scoring" a free box I think they mean because $110 is only 11 boxes if you go monthly so you're getting the 12th for free.

I am confused by the "extra pink" box however. Is this going to be the pink box they have on your 13th month which doesn't seem to be anything special as in a surprise or is this going to be something different.
I'm confused by that as well. I'm hoping it's an extra extra freebie, because that would be awesome. But we'll find out! 

I signed up using the link, THANK YOU so so much for sharing it, OP. Seriously appreciate it. I was toying with joining for a year and that was the icing on the cake so to speak. I feel kind of guilty splurging on that subscription for myself like that,but I think this is my last sign up for a subscription service, and I might cancel some others just to pay for this one. 

The really silly part is, I've never even gotten a single Birchbox before! This is my first month. 

But I guess I'll find out if I like it or not lol. 

I'm confused by that as well. I'm hoping it's an extra extra freebie, because that would be awesome. But we'll find out! 

I signed up using the link, THANK YOU so so much for sharing it, OP. Seriously appreciate it. I was toying with joining for a year and that was the icing on the cake so to speak. I feel kind of guilty splurging on that subscription for myself like that,but I think this is my last sign up for a subscription service, and I might cancel some others just to pay for this one. 

The really silly part is, I've never even gotten a single Birchbox before! This is my first month. 

But I guess I'll find out if I like it or not lol. 

Just keep an open mind and know that not every month will be perfect and you will LOVE it.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just keep an open mind and know that not every month will be perfect and you will LOVE it.

=] I think it'll be good! It's fun to get mail and I'm looking forward to that for sure. I'm excited. 

Does anyone know if you get the 20 percent off discount in the store for your 3, 6, 9, 12 month anniversaries if you do the annual subscription? Or are those coupons just for monthly subscriber?  I might wait until after my 3 month so I can get the 20 percent off of a purchase, then upgrade to a year... Just checked and the code still works

I used the code and it let me use my current points on the order so I only ended up paying $80 for the annual membership. I like that deal! Thanks for sharing the info.

Originally Posted by SarahElizSS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the code and it let me use my current points on the order so I only ended up paying $80 for the annual membership. I like that deal! Thanks for sharing the info.

Wow, that is a great deal! Plus you got 210 more points? 

Originally Posted by SarahElizSS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got 180 since my order was $80 instead of $110. Still an excellent deal I say.

Definitely! I'm already annual otherwise I'd be right there with you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back