another loose powder question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Cornsilk Classic Translucent Loose Powder! I use the shade No Color, and it's truly the best loose powder I've tried! It's finely milled, controls oil, never turns orange, and doesn't cause me any breakouts. I use it at home though, and then I carry MAC Blot Powder around with me for touchups, which are rare.

I looked at the Sonia Kashuk makeup at Target today and I was wrong about the loose powder in the brush. It's actually cheek color in a brush that they sell. However, SK does have a really cute twist-up travel powder brush that is way nicer than the one that comes with the Clinique blended face powder.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I looked at the Sonia Kashuk makeup at Target today and I was wrong about the loose powder in the brush. It's actually cheek color in a brush that they sell. However, SK does have a really cute twist-up travel powder brush that is way nicer than the one that comes with the Clinique blended face powder. Is it the sort of thing where you could empty out the cheek color and refill it with translucent powder??

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Is it the sort of thing where you could empty out the cheek color and refill it with translucent powder?? Yes, in fact they sell refills of the cheek color so I'm sure you could just fill the container part with loose powder if you wanted. I don't recall a price on it but I'm sure the price is pretty good like the rest of the SK stuff.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Yes, in fact they sell refills of the cheek color so I'm sure you could just fill the container part with loose powder if you wanted. I don't recall a price on it but I'm sure the price is pretty good like the rest of the SK stuff. Oh wonderful! thanks for letting me know! I wonder if I can buy it online some where. I don't have a Target anywhere near me.

ditto trisha - i think that loose powder may be alittle messy to carry with you on a daily basis. i would think that by the end of the day your makeup might be alittle cakey. for reapplication during the day, a pressed powder would deposit less product on the brush and give you a less cakey look.

Originally Posted by Trisha I dont carry loose powder with me, its too much hassle, (and i carry a LOT of MU around with me)
There is nothing wrong with using a pressed powder to touch up with xxx

Back