Another MUA bashing post

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi everyone, Ok i'm not really hating makeup alley but i have just encoountered with someone bad. I joined because I wanted to swap and get some items out of the way, and yes i have met some great people, but this one totally pissed me off. Ok so she has this item that i want, its a YSL complexion enhancer which retails for $35. It's about 98% full. and this is what she wants from me: David off perfume 1.7 oz ($42, mine is 60% full) essie nail polish (if im correct, its about $7) brand new item ANDD!!!! she wants me to buy these items and throw in: Jane eyezing in millionaire (thats about $4 at rite aid) Almay concealer (i think about $6) Orly nail polish (about $6) She also wanted an eyeko fat balm ($13) which i couldnt get cuz it was sold out. Can someone tell me if this is a fair trade????? cuz i dont think so. She is also international, so shipping would be very expensive I added up and it equals to about $45 or more. OMG im so mad. It's not like that YSL is impossible to get in So Cal. I'm just really mad. The whole reason I wanted to swap because i dont want to spend extra money. I want to get rid of the things i dont need to get the things i do need. But geez, this way I might as well go out and buy me a brand new YSL item.

You're right in thinking that the swap isn't fair..Unfortunately,some of the women on*this particular site* think that they should recoup retail value for their items..So while the item may only be $35US she being overseas probably paid something outrageous for it..So she's valuing her item at that amount..Not taking into consideration that not only is it cheaper here, but if You wanted to pay retail,you would have just gone out and bought it..I'd do one of 2 things..Either back out of the swap completely,Or point out her discrepancy and see if she'll consider another route..I think that's just plain greedy really..

Originally Posted by maiho hi everyone, Ok i'm not really hating make up alley but i have just encoountered with someone bad. I joined because I wanted to swap and get some items out of the way, and yes i have met some great people, but this one totally pissed me off. Ok so she has this item that i want, its a YSL complexion enhancer which retails for $35. It's about 98% full. and this is what she wants from me: David off perfume 1.7 oz ($42, mine is 60% full) essie nail polish (if im correct, its about $7) brand new item ANDD!!!! she wants me to buy these items and throw in: Jane eyezing in millionaire (thats about $4 at rite aid) Almay concealer (i think about $6) Orly nail polish (about $6) She also wanted an eyeko fat balm ($13) which i couldnt get cuz it was sold out. Can someone tell me if this is a fair trade????? cuz i dont think so. She is also international, so shipping would be very expensive I added up and it equals to about $45 or more. OMG im so mad. It's not like that YSL is impossible to get in So Cal. I'm just really mad. The whole reason I wanted to swap because i dont want to spend extra money. I want to get rid of the things i dont need to get the things i do need. But geez, this way I might as well go out and buy me a brand new YSL item.

Wow! I don't think this is a fair trade. I can't believe she wants all these items added.

I agree with Reija. Follow your gut ... it's true!

gorillaani.gif

This kind of thing will happen from time to time. She truly may not realize the difference. Just write her back letting her know your feelings, I bet she'll work it out with you once she realizes, if not then you know she was trying to scam you. Originally Posted by maiho hi everyone, Ok i'm not really hating makeup alley but i have just encoountered with someone bad. I joined because I wanted to swap and get some items out of the way, and yes i have met some great people, but this one totally pissed me off. Ok so she has this item that i want, its a YSL complexion enhancer which retails for $35. It's about 98% full. and this is what she wants from me: David off perfume 1.7 oz ($42, mine is 60% full) essie nail polish (if im correct, its about $7) brand new item ANDD!!!! she wants me to buy these items and throw in: Jane eyezing in millionaire (thats about $4 at rite aid) Almay concealer (i think about $6) Orly nail polish (about $6) She also wanted an eyeko fat balm ($13) which i couldnt get cuz it was sold out. Can someone tell me if this is a fair trade????? cuz i dont think so. She is also international, so shipping would be very expensive I added up and it equals to about $45 or more. OMG im so mad. It's not like that YSL is impossible to get in So Cal. I'm just really mad. The whole reason I wanted to swap because i dont want to spend extra money. I want to get rid of the things i dont need to get the things i do need. But geez, this way I might as well go out and buy me a brand new YSL item.

thanks u guys for agreeing with me. Can you believe it though?? She prob thinks i can't get this item in the US. For crying out loud, I live in southern CA. I can get practically any brand in anything I want. All i need is the money.

She either was trying to scam me or think that it's really hard to get in CA. I was being very patient with her from the beginning because I wanted that item and I wasn't intending on paying retail for it and I was hoping i can trade it for something i already have.

Oh well, first bad experience in swapping, and it didnt even complete.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Wow! I don't think this is a fair trade. I can't believe she wants all these items added.

Latest posts

Back