Another New Face!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Natalie, I'm a student in my early 20s, and (obviously) I'm new around here. I suspect I'm different than most though, in that I'm really geeky and never really put much thought into my appearance. I wore jeans and a t-shirt (plus a hoodie if it was cold) every day for like the past 10 years? Mainly because I didn't really care how I looked, but there were also some self-confidence issues as well. Anyway, last year I discovered that since I have a really tiny waist, I can pull off some cute feminine shirts really well, and started being more concerned about how I present myself in public. I still do nerdy outdoorsy stuff all the time (primarily in the name of photography), so I'm still not the kind of girl that goes walking around in dresses and manicured nails and whatnot.

Anyway, the main reason I joined here is to get advice on how to style my difficult hair and how to do my make so my face doesn't look like an alien/cartoon; my knowledge of both is seriously lacking. I'll be posting some threads over in the appropriate forums soon! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

11.gif
 Welcome to Makeup Talk! So glad you are here! 
11.gif
 ​
This is a great place to teach, learn and discover new make ideas, trends and upcoming beauty products!

Some of my favorite places to hang out in are:

Face of the Day Thread - Great place to pick up ideas!

Make Up Tutorial Thread - We have some pretty talented people here and I love watching tutorials!

Nail Talk - I love all things nails and this is a great place for inspiration

Fashion Talk - Clothes and Shoes and Handbags, oh my! Need I say more? 

If you need help or have any question, feel free to send me a private message! 

Hope you enjoy the boards! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

​

hello and welcome! I'm super geekuy even though i love makeup and beauty so it's cool to have another geek around
icon_lol.gif
if you ever have any questions you can just message me and i will get back to you right away. I know a lot about makeup and hair so i believe i can help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks guys! I just got my thread in the makeup forum started, feel free to check it out if you want.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to our beauty community! We are so happy you joined! You will absoloutely love it here!

Enjoy your stay!

Katana

​
[SIZE=14pt]You've found the prettiest place on the internet! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] We are so glad to have you aboard and look forward[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] to seeing you around the Forums.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Don’t forget to check out our [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Reviewshttps://www.makeuptalk.com/products/, [/SIZE]Blog and Articles Sections.  See you around!​
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]​

Hi Natalie,

Welcome! I've seen another of your posts, looks like you're making yourself right at home. 

I'm a nature nut myself and do quite a bit of nature photography. I really enjoy it. Nice to see another nature geek here. I have a Picasa album with some of my better shots here, take a look if you'd like.  
smile.gif

Carol

Latest posts

Back