Another Rave for Revlon Colorstay Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
Hey guys! I went on a foundation mission! I tried probably 6 or 7 new foundations and only found two that really worked good on me, which were Urban Decay in Illusion and Revlon Colorstay! (I went swimming and Colorstay was perfect when I got out of the pool!!!)

I have very oily skin. I wake up in the morning with a super shiny face and about 3 pm, I have to practically put my makeup on all over again because it's so oily again. I am acne prone and sensitive. I have scars from a dog attack and from acne, so I needed a lot of help! I am using retin-A now and that's helping out a lot! My skincare is now Boscia, which seems to be okay.

I also had a makeover/facial from Aveda a few days ago and it was really nice! They gave me a sample of the foundation, which I have yet to try. The skincare was amazing and I think I may buy a few things from that line when I run out of my Boscia. Anyone else use Aveda?!

glad you found some good stuff
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i was actually at grand central in NYC and had no idea they had an aveda store there. i was gonna go in, but they were closed. i also didn't know what to look for, as i don't like buying things without hearing about them first.

Hi Scarlette - I've been trying to avoid wearing liquid foundation..I get too carried away with it! I've been using Jane Iredale's Amazing Base instead, and love it. I noticed in your Notepad that you mention using it, too. Do you use it over your liquid ftd, or do you alternate? I also wanted to ask you, since I have super oily skin, as well, about the DHC cleansing oil. Right now I'm using Cetaphil or MD Formulations, and sometimes the Proactiv cleanser(just to get that exfoliating effect), but keep hearing about DHC. I guess since it's an oil, I'm scared to put it on my face..like it'll cause breakouts or something! I'm just curious....

Thnx! and by the way, you look beautiful in your avatar pic.

smile.gif

The regular Revlon Colorstay didn't work for me, but the Colorstay Natural is wonderful!!
smile.gif
It really gives me that flawless skin look, and it lasts like it's nobody's business.

Scarlette that's great that you found such a great foundation. I am still testing out foundations and products that will last on me. I have a very oily t-zone, and my nose always ends up shiny. I am leary of drug store products from some reason, and wouldn't know how to match my skin color properly. I also wanted to let you know that I love the way you do your makeup, it is beautiful. Maybe you can do a tutorial some time. I love the way you change your looks up.
icon_razz.gif

Scarlette, have you been using the Colorstay long enough to decide whether it clogs your pores? Also, does it help keep your skin matte? Because I have very oily, acne-prone skin as well!
smile.gif

About the Amazing Base.. I have discontinued use of it. I guess I really was looking for something that lasted a bit longer. My problem was that nothing stayed or looked the same by 3 pm.. and I really don't like spending my lunch hour re-applying makeup. Anyway, I have been using the AMAZING Tony and Tina loose rice powder. It's the best.. unfortunately it's been discontinued, as is the entire brand. I bought one at Marshalls discount clothing store and I am in love with it.

I've been using the Colorstay for not too long, but if I break out, I usually do within a few days, or even the next day. I make sure to use makeup remover on my whole face first, then cleanse, tone and I use Retin A. So all of that helps too.

Hi Scarlette!!! Best Friends share foundation too! I LOVE Colorstay!!! At this point it is my fave foundation and makes me breakdance.....not breakout! I never have to worry that it is fading, seperating or getting oily. Hearts and Stars for Revlon ColorStay!
claps.gif

I've always wondered about Colorstay foundation. I used to use the Colorstay lipstick before L'Oreal came out with their Endless line - it's less drying and doesn't get grainy when you eat oily foods. Colorstay foundation doesn't develop any sort of weird feeling after mixing with your skin oils for hours? I have super oily (like I could make my dinner salad with it) skin too, and have always been looking for something that would last. Does Colorstay foudnation still rub off and stain clothes really easily, like I've heard it does, or did they fix that?

Originally Posted by Ayacalypso I have super oily (like I could make my dinner salad with it) skin too lol, I think that's how I'm going to start describing my skin from now!
wink.gif
I have a layer of oil that you can see and feel on my face less than 3 hours after I wash, even without makeup
frown.gif

Well I probably have a little oil in 30 or 60 minutes, I just have a gross layer of it in 2-3 hours ... but I can believe that oily skin ages slower, my dad still has fairly oily skin and looks at least 10 years younger than he really is! Hopefully I will look as good when I'm in my 50's
wink.gif

Hey, I am happy that you found something that works for you! Searching for foundation is such a trial and error situation, and there are so many x-factors, like shade, texture, coverage, finish, lasting power, etc etc etc...And it's such a personal thing that others can reccommend what works for them, but you really have to try it on your skin and test it a bit before you can tell if it is going to work out for you. Once you get it right though, perfection!

Lol! Trisha and Girl_geek, sound SO much like me - at least as far as our skin is concerned! Do either of you have the added issue of sensitive skin that goes all off kilter, turns red, itchy, rashy, or burns if I try too hard to combat the oil and acne? I just can't get the perfect balance! Sometimes, I even think the oil my own skin is producing is irritating me!

I love this site - because I can find girls like this, with the same skin problems, then read their reviews on what products they've used, and it's awesome!

Thanks for posting this review. I've been meaning to try this, as I've been looking for a cheaper foundation to use that lasts. One makeup artist uses this for wedding a lot, and apparently, it really does stay on for a loooooong time.

Originally Posted by Scarlette I also had a makeover/facial from Aveda a few days ago and it was really nice! They gave me a sample of the foundation, which I have yet to try. The skincare was amazing and I think I may buy a few things from that line when I run out of my Boscia. Anyone else use Aveda?! Did you get your facial at the Aveda store in Berkeley?

Nicolet, I know you weren't talking to me
icon_cool.gif
, but I just wanted to tell you that the dhc deep cleansing oil is amazing!!! I swear it sounds so weird to put this on your face, but it's great, doesn't break you out, probably clears you up if anything b/c it removes all makeup, and is addicting!! I feel like I could never just wash my face without using the dhc cleansing oil! If you want, I think you can request a catalog and they will send you 4 samples, including the oil, but you have to pay $2.00. But it might be worth it. I think the website is www.dhccare.com

Originally Posted by Nicolet Hi Scarlette - I've been trying to avoid wearing liquid foundation..I get too carried away with it! I've been using Jane Iredale's Amazing Base instead, and love it. I noticed in your Notepad that you mention using it, too. Do you use it over your liquid ftd, or do you alternate? I also wanted to ask you, since I have super oily skin, as well, about the DHC cleansing oil. Right now I'm using Cetaphil or MD Formulations, and sometimes the Proactiv cleanser(just to get that exfoliating effect), but keep hearing about DHC. I guess since it's an oil, I'm scared to put it on my face..like it'll cause breakouts or something! I'm just curious....
Thnx! and by the way, you look beautiful in your avatar pic.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by jennyb Nicolet, I know you weren't talking to me
icon_cool.gif
, but I just wanted to tell you that the dhc deep cleansing oil is amazing!!! I swear it sounds so weird to put this on your face, but it's great, doesn't break you out, probably clears you up if anything b/c it removes all makeup, and is addicting!! I feel like I could never just wash my face without using the dhc cleansing oil! If you want, I think you can request a catalog and they will send you 4 samples, including the oil, but you have to pay $2.00. But it might be worth it. I think the website is www.dhccare.com Hi JennyB...you're such a doll - thanks so much, I appreciate your input! Like I mentioned, I use Cetaphil and MD Formulations (sometimes Proactiv cleanser), but the bp and the glycolic acid (which are great at keeping my skin clear) really make my skin feel taut and a little dry. I am very curious about the DHC cleansing oil and will checkout the website right now! I see so many of you girls raving about it, but I am hesitant to put something oily on my already oily skin, I guess. Samples would be a good way to go.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back