Another sad thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you know, I'm a gamer chick. I play Lord of the Rings Online, but also a game called Ashen Empires. I've played AE since September 1st 2003. In this time I made many, many close friends.

I haven't logged in to AE in a while now, so today I decided to log on to the forums to see what was up.

The very first thread I saw was called "Sad News" and it was created by one of my closets friends in the game, and a "guild mate", Pete. (For all you non gamers out there, a "guild" is like a family in the gaming world. My "guild" is made up of some of my closets friends online)

He created this thread to inform us all that a fellow guild mate had passed away at the young age of 18.
scared.gif

He's the son of a great friend who is also a guild mate, Gorzo. They played AE together, father and son.
frown.gif

This is a sad, sad day. He was so young.

The only name I knew him by was Larthar.

RIP.

scared.gif

ashenempires00050aa4.png

Aww Kee,this is so sad, I know exactly how close guildies can be
frown.gif

I'm so sorry Kee. I'm a gamer too (Over the years Everquest, Planetside, City of Heroes, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Dark Age of Camelot) and I've never had a guild mate die. I have had 3 very close online friends pass away and one of them died about an hour after talking to me in a chatroom. Its weird the way these people enter our lives and really do become friends. I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope he rests in peace.

Aw, I am sorry for your lose and truly understand how you feel. I dont do guilds since I'm not into mmo's but I am in gaming communities and clans which are quite similar. The relationships one build in these are true and to lose someone is just horrible.

Thanks guys. I guess I assumed my friends would always be there when I logged back on. Now I feel bad for being away from the game for so long
frown.gif

I got Gorzo's address from a fellow Guildie . . . Wes and I are going to send a card.
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back