Another stupid phone call at work....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<!--StartFragment --> Phone rings, I answer - "Good afternoon blah, blah, blah this is blah speaking. Customer: Hi, i wanted to make an appointment with so and so. Me: OK great! What would you like to have done? Customer: Hmmmm, I'm not sure, just ask him, he'll know. Me: Well, he's busy at the moment. Did you just want a haircut or do you want color? Customer: I told you I'm not sure. Me: Well, I can't book you properly if I don't know what you want to have done, are you due for color? Customer: Fine!! Yeah, color *sigh* Me" OK, what is a good day and time for you? Customer: Anything, I'm open. Me: OK how about next Tuesday at 11am. Customer: ummm, no, no good, i have my decorator coming that day, what else? Me: OK how about Thursday at 1:30? Customer: Nope I have a lunch that day. Me: OK well you tell me when you CAN come in. Customer: ummm, can you hold on, I left my PDA in my car. Me: click

What a snotty woman! You seem to get all types of oddballs on the phone, Tinydancer.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You would NOT believe how idiotic people can be! LOL

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish What a snotty woman! You seem to get all types of oddballs on the phone, Tinydancer.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

^5 for you on the CLICK

Originally Posted by Tinydancer

Phone rings, I answer - "Good afternoon blah, blah, blah this is blah speaking. Customer: Hi, i wanted to make an appointment with so and so. Me: OK great! What would you like to have done? Customer: Hmmmm, I'm not sure, just ask him, he'll know. Me: Well, he's busy at the moment. Did you just want a haircut or do you want color? Customer: I told you I'm not sure. Me: Well, I can't book you properly if I don't know what you want to have done, are you due for color? Customer: Fine!! Yeah, color *sigh* Me" OK, what is a good day and time for you? Customer: Anything, I'm open. Me: OK how about next Tuesday at 11am. Customer: ummm, no, no good, i have my decorator coming that day, what else? Me: OK how about Thursday at 1:30? Customer: Nope I have a lunch that day. Me: OK well you tell me when you CAN come in. Customer: ummm, can you hold on, I left my PDA in my car. Me: click

Originally Posted by Tinydancer <!--StartFragment --> Phone rings, I answer - "Good afternoon blah, blah, blah this is blah speaking. Customer: Hi, i wanted to make an appointment with so and so. Me: OK great! What would you like to have done? Customer: Hmmmm, I'm not sure, just ask him, he'll know. Me: Well, he's busy at the moment. Did you just want a haircut or do you want color? Customer: I told you I'm not sure. Me: Well, I can't book you properly if I don't know what you want to have done, are you due for color? Customer: Fine!! Yeah, color *sigh* Me" OK, what is a good day and time for you? Customer: Anything, I'm open. Me: OK how about next Tuesday at 11am. Customer: ummm, no, no good, i have my decorator coming that day, what else? Me: OK how about Thursday at 1:30? Customer: Nope I have a lunch that day. Me: OK well you tell me when you CAN come in. Customer: ummm, can you hold on, I left my PDA in my car. Me: click LOL Geez..I think she left her brain next to her PDA

Hi TinyD
smile.gif

Its good fun hearing about all the strange phone calls and bizzare

requests you handle at work. People can be so amusing! I bet you are never

short of a giggle during your coffee break
icon_biggrin.gif

OMG LOL! Brain trust!

Working with the public is really entertaining. At least you should look at it that way or you might want to quit.

I once worked at a dry cleaners while going to college and there was this fantastically rich lady who used to come in and she'd tell us that her sweaters cost over thousands of dollars. They were TOP brands and she was a highly respected doctor's wife. Anyway. She brought in a measuring tape and layed out the sweater on the dry cleaner counter to measure it. Then she'd say stuff like, "Here are the measurements; if you shrink it or stretch it you owe me $1,000 dollars."

I just looked at her and did not say anything. I thought she must be one very unhappy lady. Then I stretched the crap out of her sweater. Just kidding on that last part.
smile.gif

Life must suck for her.

No meal ($1,200.99)-->> ---vs--- <--- steal ($24.99) & money left for Taco Bell

Originally Posted by Tinydancer <!--StartFragment --> Phone rings, I answer - "Good afternoon blah, blah, blah this is blah speaking.
Customer: Hi, i wanted to make an appointment with so and so.

Me: OK great! What would you like to have done?

Customer: Hmmmm, I'm not sure, just ask him, he'll know.

Me: Well, he's busy at the moment. Did you just want a haircut or do you want color?

Customer: I told you I'm not sure.

Me: Well, I can't book you properly if I don't know what you want to have done, are you due for color?

Customer: Fine!! Yeah, color *sigh*

Me" OK, what is a good day and time for you?

Customer: Anything, I'm open.

Me: OK how about next Tuesday at 11am.

Customer: ummm, no, no good, i have my decorator coming that day, what else?

Me: OK how about Thursday at 1:30?

Customer: Nope I have a lunch that day.

Me: OK well you tell me when you CAN come in.

Customer: ummm, can you hold on, I left my PDA in my car.

Me: click

You're too funny, Cali
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I get to deal with Insurance brokers and usually a very 'ecclectic' group of Insureds.. can be quite amusing at times... some of them are just downright unreasonable.. lol There was once a broker who was talking to a co-worker who when he found out how much $ he was getting on a policy was a little upset and screamed "WHAT!?!??! I'm only getting $xxxx !?!?!? This is slavery!!! Why don't you just slap me in chains and send me back to Africa"!
icon_eek.gif

I think he went a little over the edge on that one!!! Then you get the ones that call over and over because they "never got the fax/email/paperwork etc. - can you resend?" (For the 10th time? Suuuuuuure)
eek.gif

Poor Tiny! I'd crack up if i had to listen to airheads like that every day.. Glad you went "click" anyway LOL!!!

Back