Anti-Shine products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting either Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel, Smashbox Anti-Shine, or Clinique Pore Minimizer T-zone Shine Control, to help control and absorb oil on my face. Which of these three would you recommend? If you think of anything else that's good too, then that would be great, also! Thanks in advance!

I just use MAC Natural Matte MSF over my MMU, and whenever I sense shine, I use Sally Hansen Cornsilk Sheer Translucent Pressed Powder.

Thanks! Is there anything that would last all day without re-application? I have to be in school 9 hours a day with virtually no breaks to touch-up.

I heard really great things about the Peter Thomas Roth stuff, and I get oily too so I'd like to try it...but it's $35 at sephora, and thats kind of steep considering you dont get a massive amount of product.

Originally Posted by MaddyBoo718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks! Is there anything that would last all day without re-application? I have to be in school 9 hours a day with virtually no breaks to touch-up. Sweetie, I can't honestly think of anything that doesn't require at least one touch-up. The Cornsilk is pretty good, and you really just have to almost "blot" it. Oh, I hear MAC Blot Powder is good too (come to think of it)!

OC 8 gel is the best u can get it at kaliaskincare.com

also the peter thomas roth is pretty good

Originally Posted by MaddyBoo718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm thinking about getting either Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel, Smashbox Anti-Shine, or Clinique Pore Minimizer T-zone Shine Control, to help control and absorb oil on my face. Which of these three would you recommend? If you think of anything else that's good too, then that would be great, also! Thanks in advance! I haven't tried any of those brands you mentioned, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of them. But I sure do have oily skin in my t-zone area. I've used MAC's Multi-purpose Matte. And I do like it––scratch that. I love it!
I'm very satisfied with the results it gives me. It's not perfect, whereas it only controls 80 percent of the shine on my face, which is by far the best thing I have ever used. I use that under my MAC Blot Powder.

I've tried Clinac OC before and it didn't work for me. The only thing that controlled my oilies is RoAccutane but then that's a regulated drug.

I have the Smashbox Anti-Shine/Anti-Brilliance and I use it on my nose (I have large pores on my nose and when it gets shiny, the pores show a lot more). It works great! I put some on my nose before my foundation, and it stays matte all day!

This is the perfect product for me. Maybe you could go to Sephora and ask for samples?

I use MAC blot and it's good. Nothing I have ever used doesn't require at least a touch up though.

i've heard smashbox stuff is good..but personally havent tried it. bliss makes a good product for shine but i forgot the name of it. you can find it on their site i'm sure.

Latest posts

Back