Anti wrinkle cream??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi

i was just wondering when is it ok to start using anti wrinkle cream and y

i am 20 years old if i start now will it in any way cause me to have more wrinkles in the future... do u think its bad to start early?

I don't think it's ever to early for good skin care but most anti-wrinkle creams are heavier and at 20 you probably only need a basic moisturizer based on your skin type.

I wouldn't say it's bad, just unneccessary. If you just cleanse well, exfoliate a couple times a week and use a good moisturizer with at least an SPF 15 I don't think you need an anti-wrinkle cream.

lady k is right on with the SPF advise! that is the best thing you can do for your skin to prevent wrinkles!

thanx everybody
biggrin.gif

I dont think it will do any harm to start early. I use L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease because I am 33 and starting to get little lines. It works well ( I guess? lol ). I think a routine of good cleansing and moisturing is key. I dont know if anti-wrinkle creams even actaully work!

I am 20 and do the same thing, but only under my eyes. My mom did, and looks phenomenal, doesn't look over 35. I just want to keep my under eyes looking nice for as long as possible -- no harm in taking preventative measures.

I don't think it's ever too early to start. I had a crisis when I turned 18, I thought I was old and started using anti wrinkle creams. I do come from good genes too, but I get mistaken for 10-12 years younger than I am.

What are people's recommendations for eye creams? Also does everyone use a noght cream b/c I tend to break out if i do so I opt not to use any.

When I started using creams I started with Avon, then found others along the way, just from the drugstore, oh and Mary Kay, but now I'm back with Avon, I really like the Anew line, it is pricier than the regular Avon brand, since your young, you don't need to spend too much, unless your a smoker or out in the sun alot.

Oh, I don't sell Avon or know anyone who does. I'm not advertising.

Agree with everyone. For me Sunscreen is number one for wrinkles prevention/slowdown

Sun is just bad for the skin.

Most of anti-wrinkle products - if not all - contain high doses of moisturizing ingredients to 'plump' the skin cells to make them 'fatter' so the skin surface will look smoother. At age 20, thorough (but not severe) cleansing, gentle exfoliating (1-3 times a week depending on your skin condition and type) and a good moisturizer will do the trick.

i think im going to start using ante wrinkle cream under my eyes since there is no harm

Good question.. I've been wondering this, too. I'm only 19, but I've wondered if it would help me out in the future if I start using anti-wrinkle cream now. Someone mentioned the Anew Avon stuff, I was thinking about ordering some of it a while back, I think I might now.

Leony is absolutely right! The best way to prevent wrinkles is to stay away from the sun as much as possible and use a good sunscreen every day, even in the winter

Latest posts

Back