Antipasto Bowl

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Antipasto Bowl

From Cooking Light

This assortment of vegetables and cheese takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, but if you want to get as much as possible done in advance, make the vinaigrette a few days early. You can store this appetizer in the refrigerator for up to eight hours, but don't go longer than that, or it will affect the texture and flavor of the ingredients.

3 cups (2-inch) sliced asparagus (about 3/4 pound)

3 cups quartered mushrooms (about 3/4 pound)

1 cup red bell pepper strips

1/2 cup pitted ripe olives

3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed (about 2/3 cup)

1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained

1 (11.5-ounce) jar pickled pepperoncini peppers, drained

1/3 cup cider vinegar

1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 teaspoons dried oregano

1 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

3 garlic cloves, minced

Steam asparagus, covered, for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain well. Combine the asparagus, mushrooms, and the next 5 ingredients (mushrooms through pepperoncini peppers) in a large bowl.

Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour vinaigrette over the vegetable mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours; stir occasionally.

Note: Can be served chilled or at room temperature.

Yield: 20 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)

that sounds nice.
smile.gif
i loooove antipasti. i usually do

marinated red onions and bocaccini (just a homemeade vinaigrette to marinate. then i dip the bread in the vinaigrette instead of oil.)

meats like capricola, (sp?) pancetta (im so bad if its not very fatty, i just eat it "raw") and prosciutto

parmigiano reggiano cheese

celery sticks and red peppers

salt cured black and green olives

and my new fave is crusty bread spread with salted butter, sprinkled heavily with lemon juice, and topped with anchovy fillets. you have to try it. its soooo good.

Latest posts

Back