Any cheerleaders (or former cheerleaders) on here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if there were any cheerleaders on mut.
smile.gif

I was one for 5 1/2 years.

2 years on jr. high

3 years in high school

and part of a year in college (the college squad sucked and never let me do anything even though i had more experience than the others
icon_confused.gif
)

I also helped coach the JV squad when I was on Varsity and after I graduated.

Even though it's been 4 years from high school, I still miss cheering. Sometimes I check out cheer sites or mags to see what's new. I hope to become a Coach when I have kids. hehe.

I wanted to be a cheerleader, and I tried so hard, but I guess I was just not cool enough. I had a friend that tried to get me to join the cheerleading squad at her church because they let everyone in, but then they started doing try-outs and I never made it.
icon_sad.gif
I went into theater and dance instead.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I wanted to be a cheerleader, and I tried so hard, but I guess I was just not cool enough. I had a friend that tried to get me to join the cheerleading squad at her church because they let everyone in, but then they started doing try-outs and I never made it.
icon_sad.gif
I went into theater and dance instead. awww. i hate when people are b*tches.theater and dance are fun though, right?

i was a lot on the large side during my school years. not cheerleader material.
icon_rolleyes.gif
yo well... cuz now i'm a beauty!!!
claps.gif
my friend was a cheerleader though. it looked fun and seemed to be one heck of a workout

Originally Posted by karrie ann i was a lot on the large side during my school years. not cheerleader material.
icon_rolleyes.gif
yo well... cuz now i'm a beauty!!!
claps.gif
my friend was a cheerleader though. it looked fun and seemed to be one heck of a workout awww. but it's ok, since you're a beauty now!
yeah, cheering was a lot of fun, which is why i like it and miss it so much.

Omigod, Liz, let me see if I can remember that far back:

In Jr. High, I was a Pom-Pom Girl

In High School, I was on the Drill Team for several years and took Dance (all different kinds) for quite a few years, as well.

I love dancing..but it's been over 20 years since I did any cheering! LOL!

I think the routines these days are a lot more fun, and more hip-hop than back in the day when I was doing it.

Originally Posted by Liz

Just wanted to see if there were any cheerleaders on mut.
smile.gif

2 years on jr. high

3 years in high school

and part of a year in college (the college squad sucked and never let me do anything even though i had more experience than the others
icon_confused.gif
)

Even though it's been 4 years from high school, I still miss cheering. Sometimes I check out cheer sites or mags to see what's new. I hope to become a Coach when I have kids. hehe.

I dated a Drill Teamer for a few years while in HIGH school.

Originally Posted by Liz awww. i hate when people are b*tches.theater and dance are fun though, right?

Oh yeah I had a great time in theater and dance! I went to a really big high school before I was shipped off to boarding school, so there was a lot of competition to get on the cheerleading team or on any of the sports teams. The theater department had a lot of opportunities for anyone that wanted to participate.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl

Oh yeah I had a great time in theater and dance! I went to a really big high school before I was shipped off to boarding school, so there was a lot of competition to get on the cheerleading team or on any of the sports teams. The theater department had a lot of opportunities for anyone that wanted to participate.

Suzuki, I love your avatar!! You are cute
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, cheering was a lot of fun, which is why i like it and miss it so much. i bet it was fun. at a previous job, my boss was a cheerleader in college. he was a total spaz!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Oh yeah I had a great time in theater and dance! I went to a really big high school before I was shipped off to boarding school, so there was a lot of competition to get on the cheerleading team or on any of the sports teams. The theater department had a lot of opportunities for anyone that wanted to participate. what did you do in theater? in junior high school i was assistant director of our play 'harvey'. lol! i was more like prop girl, but the drama teacher gave me a fancier title.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Liz Just wanted to see if there were any cheerleaders on mut.
smile.gif

2 years on jr. high

3 years in high school

icon_confused.gif
)

OMG I was remeniscing (sp) about this last night I cheered in HS for 4 yrs and I loved it. I was large for a cheerleader but I wish I was that large now instead of this large lol. Anyway I went to a fundraiser the other night there was hip hop, folklorico, drill team capt's and the dances were so great I want to dance again. Maybe for fun and workout. I coached and judged young girls cheer competitions in my small home town for a couple of years but I would love to have a more to do now that I just had my 10 year HS reunion and I have no kids.

I was a cheerleader my last two years of high school. Still remember the cheers, but wouldn't dream of trying some of the moves!

About 10 years ago I "demonstrated" a cartwheel for my kids.....pulled a thigh muscle and decided that, though I am in good shape, I'm no longer in shape for cheering.

LOL.....I can still make myself heard as well as I did back then!

Meg

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Suzuki, I love your avatar!! You are cute
smile.gif
Thanks Tony
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by karrie ann what did you do in theater? in junior high school i was assistant director of our play 'harvey'. lol! i was more like prop girl, but the drama teacher gave me a fancier title.
icon_lol.gif
I tried to get into acting, but I wasn't very good so I only got small roles, which is still cool. I did speech and monologue competitions at the thespian festivals, and that was fun even though I only won anything once. I did costumes, props, house and stage manager. Prop girl is an important job! The actors need all the right props at all the right times. Did you do theater all through school?

I was a cheerleader for 5 years. It was so fun because I was the real skinny girl that got to be thrown in the air! It was a blast. I miss it soooo much!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I tried to get into acting, but I wasn't very good so I only got small roles, which is still cool. I did speech and monologue competitions at the thespian festivals, and that was fun even though I only won anything once. I did costumes, props, house and stage manager. Prop girl is an important job! The actors need all the right props at all the right times. Did you do theater all through school? how fun! and you won! oops...rhymed it. or rapped it. i on the other hand had a short theater career. it ended there.
oh, i love your new avatar picture too. been meaning to say it. the other one was good to but this new one really shows your lovely face.

Originally Posted by tashbash I was a cheerleader for 5 years. It was so fun because I was the real skinny girl that got to be thrown in the air! It was a blast. I miss it soooo much! i was a main base that threw the skinny girls. lol

argh, being the psycho that i am, i went in search for a UCA cheer camp that was supposed to be happening this weekend at a nearby college. i could not find ANY cheerleaders!!!

so i don't know what's up with that. i wanted to go to the camp store and buy some shirts or sweaters for working out since mine are getting worn down

Latest posts

Back