Any colors you don't wear?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
This was inspired by Liz's comfort colors thread ... are there any e/s colors that you never (or rarely) wear because you don't like them? I know we always talk about how we shouldn't be "color shy"; however I don't think you should wear colors you don't like just because you feel you *have* to try every color!

I personally avoid blues, greens, and grays, because those colors are too similar to my grey-blue eyes and my eyes just look hidden under the makeup. (And it doesn't help that my eyes are already pretty small!) So I stick to colors that contrast my eyes so they'll pop more, or whites to make my small eyes look bigger! (However, I do have some turquoise and gray eyeliners that I wear with other colors of e/s, just for something different, even though they're not the most flattering!)

Liz

Reaction score
hehe.

i don't wear blues. i feel too 80's with blue eye shadow. lol

Reaction score
I really do wear most all colors, so that's what I voted for!! Now granted I do stick to neutrals most of the time, but I do love a colorful, fun eye or smokey eye! Blues are really the only color I tend to wear the least of, but I have found a few I like! My only problem is that some blues accentuate my dark circles, and I'm definitely not trying to do that, LOL!!

Reaction score
I like all colors too but some of them I rarely wear them

Originally Posted by Charmaine Well said, so I agree.

Reaction score
I don't really wear orange, yellow or red. These colours don't really flatter my skintone, even though some of them are supposed to flatter my blue eyes. Red e/s just makes me look tired and yellow or orange make me look ill!

Reaction score
I just can't get myself to wear blue. I own a ton of blues, and I'm always wanting more but I just don't ever wear them. When I put them on I think they look too cool-toned on me, so I'm probably just going through a warm eye shadow color phase right now.

Reaction score
I rarely wear gold...maybe in winter as a christmas look *lol* but it doesn´t look all that great on me. yellow would be even worse I guess, I bet that would make me look sick.

Reaction score
I love and wear EVERYTHING!! My motto is 'any color can work - depending on what you do with it'. For instance, what doesnt look good on the lid, may look awesome in the crease, or as a highlighter, or contour, etc. For me, its all about placement - then anything can work!! (again, this is what works for ME)

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arielle I rarely wear gold...maybe in winter as a christmas look *lol* but it doesn´t look all that great on me. yellow would be even worse I guess, I bet that would make me look sick. That's true, I don't usually wear yellow or gold either (maybe another color with a gold shimmer but that's it) ... I added those colors to the poll after I wrote my first post

Reaction score
I'll wear just about everything but rarely do I wear pink.

Reaction score
I agree with Tracey & Trisha. I have all types of colors. Really depends what mood I am in and how I decide to wear them.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha i just realised how conceited my statement sounded! Sorry guys, i just think confidence is a big part of how you wear your MU x I didn't think you sounded conceited at all!

Reaction score
i tend to avoid brown. i feel like it makes my eye area look too dark. my eyes are small and brown. i think it just makes me look tired.

Reaction score
It's not conceited, we've seen your FOTD's and we know you always look good!
Besides, I think with your brown eyes and darker skin you can pull off about any color -- I'm pale enough that I know that some colors make me look like a clown! lol

Reaction score
I didnt think that it sounded conceited at all. Besides, you do look good in any color. Go ahead Dude!!! Be confident... if 'ya got it, 'ya got it!!!

Originally Posted by Trisha i just realised how conceited my statement sounded! Sorry guys, i just think confidence is a big part of how you wear your MU x

Reaction score
I usually stick to neutrals browns, gold, etc. I just bought Shimmermoss, I would I pull that bright color off? With what color clothes? Don't want to be too vibrant but I love the color.

Reaction score
I voted for peach/orange mostly because of orange. I look terrible in orange makeup. I can wear soft peach shades. I have to stay away from anything that's true orange or the orange-based corals. I can do pink-based corals though.

Reaction score
Trisha,

you, your mom and everyone else is right, you look great! in everything! you have beautiful coloring. and a fabulous attitude!

Reaction score
i love red eye makeup.. i would never have courage to wear it though. with my undereye circles i would probably look like i was beaten up and sick

Reaction score
Well your mom was definitely right........just look at your notepad.....!!!!! Color, color, color........and I don't think you've excluded a single tone or shade....You rock!!

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks guys!! Didnt want you to think i had a problem with modesty!
I guess the attitude i have stems from the fact, that my mother always told me i could wear anything and it would suit me cos of my skintone. xx

Latest posts