Any colors you don't wear?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was inspired by Liz's comfort colors thread ... are there any e/s colors that you never (or rarely) wear because you don't like them? I know we always talk about how we shouldn't be "color shy"; however I don't think you should wear colors you don't like just because you feel you *have* to try every color!
wink.gif

I personally avoid blues, greens, and grays, because those colors are too similar to my grey-blue eyes and my eyes just look hidden under the makeup. (And it doesn't help that my eyes are already pretty small!) So I stick to colors that contrast my eyes so they'll pop more, or whites to make my small eyes look bigger! (However, I do have some turquoise and gray eyeliners that I wear with other colors of e/s, just for something different, even though they're not the most flattering!)

hehe.

i don't wear blues. i feel too 80's with blue eye shadow. lol

I really do wear most all colors, so that's what I voted for!! Now granted I do stick to neutrals most of the time, but I do love a colorful, fun eye or smokey eye! Blues are really the only color I tend to wear the least of, but I have found a few I like! My only problem is that some blues accentuate my dark circles, and I'm definitely not trying to do that, LOL!!
wink.gif

I like all colors too but some of them I rarely wear them
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Well said, so I agree.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't really wear orange, yellow or red. These colours don't really flatter my skintone, even though some of them are supposed to flatter my blue eyes. Red e/s just makes me look tired and yellow or orange make me look ill!

I just can't get myself to wear blue. I own a ton of blues, and I'm always wanting more but I just don't ever wear them. When I put them on I think they look too cool-toned on me, so I'm probably just going through a warm eye shadow color phase right now.

I rarely wear gold...maybe in winter as a christmas look *lol* but it doesn´t look all that great on me. yellow would be even worse I guess, I bet that would make me look sick.

I love and wear EVERYTHING!! My motto is 'any color can work - depending on what you do with it'. For instance, what doesnt look good on the lid, may look awesome in the crease, or as a highlighter, or contour, etc. For me, its all about placement - then anything can work!! (again, this is what works for ME)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle I rarely wear gold...maybe in winter as a christmas look *lol* but it doesn´t look all that great on me. yellow would be even worse I guess, I bet that would make me look sick. That's true, I don't usually wear yellow or gold either (maybe another color with a gold shimmer but that's it) ... I added those colors to the poll after I wrote my first post
wink.gif

I agree with Tracey & Trisha. I have all types of colors. Really depends what mood I am in and how I decide to wear them.

Originally Posted by Trisha i just realised how conceited my statement sounded! Sorry guys, i just think confidence is a big part of how you wear your MU x I didn't think you sounded conceited at all!
icon_biggrin.gif

i tend to avoid brown. i feel like it makes my eye area look too dark. my eyes are small and brown. i think it just makes me look tired.

It's not conceited, we've seen your FOTD's and we know you always look good!
wink.gif
Besides, I think with your brown eyes and darker skin you can pull off about any color -- I'm pale enough that I know that some colors make me look like a clown! lol

I didnt think that it sounded conceited at all. Besides, you do look good in any color. Go ahead Dude!!! Be confident... if 'ya got it, 'ya got it!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i just realised how conceited my statement sounded! Sorry guys, i just think confidence is a big part of how you wear your MU x

I usually stick to neutrals browns, gold, etc. I just bought Shimmermoss, I would I pull that bright color off? With what color clothes? Don't want to be too vibrant but I love the color.

I voted for peach/orange mostly because of orange. I look terrible in orange makeup. I can wear soft peach shades. I have to stay away from anything that's true orange or the orange-based corals. I can do pink-based corals though.

Trisha,

you, your mom and everyone else is right, you look great! in everything! you have beautiful coloring. and a fabulous attitude!
biggrin.gif

i love red eye makeup.. i would never have courage to wear it though. with my undereye circles i would probably look like i was beaten up and sick
icon_neutral.gif

Well your mom was definitely right........just look at your notepad.....!!!!! Color, color, color........and I don't think you've excluded a single tone or shade....You rock!!

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks guys!! Didnt want you to think i had a problem with modesty!
I guess the attitude i have stems from the fact, that my mother always told me i could wear anything and it would suit me cos of my skintone. xx

Latest posts

Back