Any cool toned ladies here find an ideal CORAL lipstick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm very pale with pink and blue undertones and I'm trying to find a coral lipstick shade for the summer. I heard Mac Crosswires was ideal for a skin tone like mine, but unfortunately at the present time I only have access to drugstore brands like ELF, NYX, NYC, Revlon, Mabeline, etc...

Has anyone found a coral shade of lipstick flattering to cool tones in any of the drugstore brands? It appears most of them are orange based coral, at least in my searches so far...

Thanks!

My skin tone is the same and I can't wear any coral to save my life. Or dark red lips. I just look like a crazy clown.. I stick with dramatic eyes and pale glossy lips. Sigh.

I have a color called Coral Crush by Maybelline, and it's pretty. I usually apply pretty light and cover it with a sheer gloss.

Yoru, thanks for the suggestion! I've browsed the inventory so far and I haven't found anything coral based, but I think I'll ask her about it and see what happens :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And great prices too!

Sorry to hear that BlueMustang :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I may suggest a 'dark red', maybe you can try NYC 'Sheer Red'. I was very disappointed with how bright and drastic red lips looked on me (even cool based ones), but I tried 'Sheer Red' and it's actually subtle enough for my skin tone, without being overpowering. It's like a neutral-cool leaning brick red that I found very wearable. Maybe you might like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a color called Coral Crush by Maybelline, and it's pretty. I usually apply pretty light and cover it with a sheer gloss.

I actually had my eye on that one and I'm thinking about giving it a shot! It looks perfectly pink based coral, if not a BIT bright, but I think I may be pleasantly surprised if I try it.

I think you would like it! It is a tad bit bright, but it is so pretty and applies beautifully. Plus, the price can't be beat!!

Originally Posted by itsgena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually had my eye on that one and I'm thinking about giving it a shot! It looks perfectly pink based coral, if not a BIT bright, but I think I may be pleasantly surprised if I try it.

NYX's 'Indian Pink' is a really pretty pale coral. I have cool-toned fair skin & I love the way it looks on me. You should try it! There are so many different ways you can wear it, as well. You can play it up with dramatic eyes or do a simple beachy look. Hopefully I helped!! : ]

I have the same skin tones as you.. I really like Revlon's Coralberry. It's more on the pinky side. Revlon's Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti is a great orange for fair skin! I will sometimes layer the two for a more true coral shade.

Hope this helps some!

Originally Posted by itsgena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bright lipstick is very "in" for spring.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My skin tone is the same and I can't wear any coral to save my life. Or dark red lips. I just look like a crazy clown.. I stick with dramatic eyes and pale glossy lips. Sigh.
I am very pale with pink and blue undertones. Coral is a difficult one, but red is a tiny bit easier. I am in love with Chic Red by NYX--just right for me, with minimalistic eyeliner and mascara, dramatic brows, no eyeshadow.

I'm a bit late to the party (forgive me! this thread came up when I googled "coral lipstick for cool tones"), but I thought I'd chime in:

I'm very pale and pink, both NW15 and  NC15 in MAC are too dark *and* yellow on me. Cool tone to the max. Needless to say, I thought corals would be a no-go on me forever. I stumbled upon L'Oréal's new line of Colour Riche lip products, "Colour Riche Balm.". They run about $7.99 at my local CVS. On a whim I picked up the shade Caring Coral and am so far very pleased! Since it's essentially just a tinted lip balm, the sheer colour it gives is perfect. The colour is pretty much a "true" coral with a little bit of shimmer, but I pick up a bit of pink tone when it actually hits my lips. Looking at the tube again, I can see it is a little on the cooler side.

So if any of us pale, cool girls want to experiment with coral but are too hesitant about a full-on pigmented lipstick, I say give these a try! (They're also SPF 15! Great for summer and paler skin!)

Have you tried mixing your own? Use the corals that you have that are too orange and mix in a bit of a pink lipstick or top with a pink gloss to tone down the orange. This is what I usually do to lipsticks that don't look right on me, I just mix in other shades to tone down/brighten up/change the shade until it looks right. Of course this could be a problem when you want to touch up though!

Orrrrrrr...you could use a pink lip pencil to fill in your lips first, that might be enough to give your coral a pinkier tone that you want.

I am NW20... My all time fave coral lippie is MAC Costa Chic - it is a frost finish, but I disagree.  It is creamy with a little shimmer.  LOVE IT!!

Wet n Wild Mega Last lip color in 909D Cora-line. Here's a pic:

(image from Temptalia.com)

For reference, I'm NW50 in MAC with blue-ish/cool undertones.

Latest posts

Back