Any good mascara to recommand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a really good mascara that can hold a curl well. Any recommandations? I have straight asian lashes that when u curl wif an electronic lash curler, it looks nice, but when u apply mascara, it droops back down again
icon_neutral.gif

I am really in love with Max Factor Lash Perfection. It lengthens, thickens and stays all day. No smudging or flaking.

Check the review center for some recommendations. I personally like DiorShow. A bit on the expensive side ($22 USD) but its awesome.

i'm a mascara freak.Watever latest mascara in the market, i would be the 1st one to go n grab..!

My personal favs are;

1. Loreal panoramic

2. Lancome amplicils (was my HG for 3 yrs till i found loreal longitude which gives the same effect.)

3. Maybelline Lash Discovery (mini brush) in Blackest black (ltd edition i guess)

4. Givenchy mascara (in a silverish tube with a mirror)

5. Right now i'm using Revlon Fabulash, which is equally gud as those stated above.

Hope tiz helps!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I personally like DiorShow. Ditto and Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen,and I recently discovered Chanel Cils à Cils. They're all really good!

Thanx
biggrin.gif
I can't get Max Factor where I live. I have Max Factor's 2000 calories though- got it in a swap...

I have heard some pretty good stuff 'bout Dior Show but opinions seems varied. Those who like it think it's really good but those who don't think its not really worth the $$$. I might get it though coz I know where to get 20% off for Dior cosmectics.

Might try Lancome as well since its recommanded. I have tried Loreal's Longtitude & Maybelline's Lash Discovery but it didn't work out
frown.gif

Thanx again!

Originally Posted by Eva121 Ditto and Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen,and I recently discovered Chanel Cils à Cils. They're all really good! Had wnted to try Helena Rubinstein but it's REALLY expensive where I live. I think their mascaras' like US$36. For other high end brands, it's only like US$24...I heard that Channel's not bad as well.
Have heard that YSL's Faux Cils's quite gd- I'm waiting for it to arrive from my swap
smile.gif
so I can try it out...

Originally Posted by Aniger86 Had wnted to try Helena Rubinstein but it's REALLY expensive where I live. I think their mascaras' like US$36. For other high end brands, it's only like US$24...I heard that Channel's not bad as well.
icon_eek.gif
$36,it's a good mascara,but don't spend that much money on it,please
smile.gif
The Chanel-mascara has the same effect as the HR-mascara,so just forget about HR, $36 is way too much!

Thanx! but before I try Chanel, I think I'll try Dior & Lancome 1st coz I can get discounts from these brands...

Originally Posted by Aniger86 Thanx! but before I try Chanel, I think I'll try Dior & Lancome 1st coz I can get discounts from these brands... Lol,of course,discount shopping is the best shopping!

Check out Lancome Hypnose so if you can get discounts at Lancome! I've only tried the trial size but i liked it!

Most expensive mascara I used was La Prairie for $40!!! it sure wasn't worth!!!

Originally Posted by Eva121
icon_eek.gif
$36,it's a good mascara,but don't spend that much money on it,please
smile.gif
The Chanel-mascara has the same effect as the HR-mascara,so just forget about HR, $36 is way too much!

Originally Posted by lilla Most expensive mascara I used was La Prairie for $40!!! it sure wasn't worth!!! I think I've heard of the brand. It's famous for skin care isn't it? But wow, 40 bucks. For this price, I'll be expecting a miracle
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I know!! but there was no miracle for sure!!! The SA told me also that it has treatment in it to grow lashes but nothing happened. It is an expensive line and I use some of the skincare from that line. Some products are worth the price but some aren't!

Originally Posted by Aniger86 I think I've heard of the brand. It's famous for skin care isn't it? But wow, 40 bucks. For this price, I'll be expecting a miracle
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My fave mascaras are Cover Girl Super Thick Lash and Fantastic Lash and Maybelline Full N Soft. My lashes are dark and long, but they need thickening, IMO, so that's what all those mascaras are good for. I can't stand mascaras that wilt my curl, and none of those do!
smile.gif
Good luck in your mascara search!!

Originally Posted by lilla I know!! but there was no miracle for sure!!! The SA told me also that it has treatment in it to grow lashes but nothing happened. Hmm, lying SAs. I dislike it when a SA tells me that a certain product is gonna work & it doesn't work. Or when they pick out the wrong colour for me
icon_neutral.gif
. Where I live, I can't exchange products after they have been used, so I'm practically stucked with all these stuff that the SA says is good but isn't
frown.gif

I don't like getting stuck with a product that I don't like either....

Originally Posted by Aniger86 Hmm, lying SAs. I dislike it when a SA tells me that a certain product is gonna work & it doesn't work. Or when they pick out the wrong colour for me
icon_neutral.gif
. Where I live, I can't exchange products after they have been used, so I'm practically stucked with all these stuff that the SA says is good but isn't
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back