Any makeup items you don't wear?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to never wear blush but finally got into it a couple of years ago. (And by "getting into it" I mean that I actually wear it, I'm not out constantly searching for the perfect shade like I do with lip gloss!)
icon_lol.gif

But really, I pretty much never wear lip liner or eye liner. I dunno, just never got into those two items. Anybody else out there shun a certain kind of makeup?
smile.gif

hmmmm... I use pretty much EVERYTHING!!! Never used false lashes though! Does that count? lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I never use blush because I'm scared of looking like a clown with my very pale skin! Maybe I just need to be taught how to do it
wink.gif
I also never use lipliner and rarely do I use "real" lipstick -- I usually stick to lipgloss or liquid lipsticks.

Ye'll probably be in shock but i HATE & never wear lipgloss! Find it way too sticky. The only one i can use is revlon glosslights coz it's the least stickiest gloss i could find!

i almost always wear l/g instead of l/s, i never use concealer, and i seldom wear lip liner or eye liner. i usually line my lids with shadow. bronzer is another thing i dont use, mainly because i cant find one that works for me, and i dont really need one.

I use it all!!!

The one makeup item that I use the least would be lipliner. I use it when I'm wearing bright lipsticks or lipglosses; but skip it when I'm wearing lighter colors.

i rarely use a lip liner. most of the time i use l/g & am out the door.

When I do wear makeup, I wear a pretty full face.

The only thing I haven't worn in a few months in bronzer, and that's basically I feel like I look better without it lately.

I don't use: mascara (my eyelashes are so long as it is; sometimes I'll wear clear mascara or vaseline for a special occasion, to make them glossier), foundation (my skin is very clear by itself), primer, or a bronzer (my skin doesn't do the color "tan" well - I always burn for real, so a slight pinkness gives me color. Tan has never looked good on me).

I rarely use lip liner, eye liner, or concealer, but will do so if I'm getting all dolled up to go somewhere.
smile.gif

Well I just started using eyeliner this summer. I finally found an application for me that doesn't make me look like a crack whore. I have very pale skin and huge eyes so I apply it beneath the top lashlines and above the bottom on the little ridges closest to your eyes. I also just started using blush a few months ago and I am so glad I did. Jane's Blushing Plum is the perfect blush for me.

I don't use lipliner, although I'm about to receive a free MAC lipliner so I will definitely have to try it out. I don't use brow pencils, powder, etc. I don't use concealor.

I rarely use foundation. And I have never tried bronzer although I think I need too!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 hmmmm... I use pretty much EVERYTHING!!! Never used false lashes though! Does that count? lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
*agree*
Use everything but false eyelashes.

icon_lol.gif

I do not use a make-up base or a lash primer. Oily people like me have a make-up base built-into their skin.. it's called OIL! hahaha. Last primer is something I've wanted to try, but too lazy to check it out.

I don't wear false lashes and (although it's not really a make-up product) I also never wear nail polish! I'm one of those few women who hates having her nails long. I prefer them trimmed short, free of polish and acrylics.
smile.gif

It was me that mentioned the crack whore look. When I use eyeliner above my lashlines it makes me look like a crack whore. But one time I lined my inner rims and loved the result. This still brings out my eyes without making me look like a crack whore. You should try wearing it in this manner too, and see how you like the results.

LOL crack whore

Originally Posted by FairyRave

It was me that mentioned the crack whore look. When I use eyeliner above my lashlines it makes me look like a crack whore. But one time I lined my inner rims and loved the result. This still brings out my eyes without making me look like a crack whore. You should try wearing it in this manner too, and see how you like the results.

I usually wear brown eyeliner only on the upper lid, which looks much less stark than black eyeliner on both lids! Maybe you can experiment with lighter colors and only line the top lid for another less dramatic look -- besides I've read that using eyeliner on both your upper and lower lids will actually make small eyes look smaller, and I'll go for anything to make my eyes stand out a little more! I also have pale skin so black eyeliner looks terrible on me.

(I would be worried that eyeliner inside my lashes would get in my eyes -- I have very dry, sensitive eyes and I want to keep makeup out of there!)

Originally Posted by girl_geek (I would be worried that eyeliner inside my lashes would get in my eyes -- I have very dry, sensitive eyes and I want to keep makeup out of there!) I've tried lining the inner rims of my eyes, but it was completely GONE in like 15 min... lol guess I have watery eyes LOL So I just go on the lashline. Plus rimming the insides gets specks of liner on my contacts!!!
icon_evil.gif

Nice Graphic Janelle! Looks like it needs some touchin' up (pixelated)

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

I've tried lining the inner rims of my eyes, but it was completely GONE in like 15 min... lol guess I have watery eyes LOL So I just go on the lashline. Plus rimming the insides gets specks of liner on my contacts!!!
icon_evil.gif

I definetly have better results when I use a pencil liner, sometimes I use black liquid liner and it looks good, but it's a no-no when I'm riding my motorcycle, my eyes are sensitive to the wind and will start to tear sometimes, the liquid eyeliner makes it worse and I actually had to pull over one time because it was running into my eyes and making it worse. Nothing like showing up somewhere with racoon eyes

page-icon.gif

Latest posts

Back