Any new Makeup hauls?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm so excited! This is what I have coming. Sephora Lipstick Mat #130 (tan coral) Too Faced Mascara Electric Lash in Jolt Urban Decay Powder in Cocoa Too Faced Kiss Stick in Sweet Kiss She She Dancer Shimmer Stick in Swing MAC Liquid Eye Liner in Leatherette Pop Beauty Eye Glam duo cream e/s in Entice Delux Beauty Glistener in Sun Copper Glimmer Urban Decay Pleather Pencil in Naked and a bottle of Rive Gauche! What have you gotten *is that the right word?* lately? Edited to say - This is my 900th post!!!

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I'm so excited! This is what I have coming. Sephora Lipstick Mat #130 (tan coral) Too Faced Mascara Electric Lash in Jolt Urban Decay Powder in Cocoa Too Faced Kiss Stick in Sweet Kiss She She Dancer Shimmer Stick in Swing MAC Liquid Eye Liner in Leatherette Pop Beauty Eye Glam duo cream e/s in Entice Delux Beauty Glistener in Sun Copper Glimmer Urban Decay Pleather Pencil in Naked and a bottle of Rive Gauche! What have you gotten *is that the right word?* lately? Edited to say - This is my 900th post!!! Do swaps count??

*Do swaps count she says* YES they count! Whata ya got coming? Originally Posted by allisong Do swaps count??

Originally Posted by Tinydancer *Do swaps count she says* YES they count! Whata ya got coming? Ok..Cool..Just got: MAC Venus e/s MAC Double Shot l/s CSP Musc Alize edp Still expecting: UD Shattered e/s MAC e/s pans in:serene,luminized,Lemon,Sunlit&Canyon MAC Polished up l/s

Ohhh nice! Lots of great stuff coming! Whats Double Shot like? Musc Alize - The warmth of musk permeated by floral scents. Notes of Jasmine, violet, white musk, vanilla, and amber. Sounds purdy! Looks like you found your jasmine/musk eh? Originally Posted by allisong Ok..Cool..Just got: MAC Venus e/s MAC Double Shot l/s CSP Musc Alize edp Still expecting: UD Shattered e/s MAC e/s pans in:serene,luminized,Lemon,Sunlit&Canyon MAC Polished up l/s

Originally Posted by Tinydancer Ohhh nice! Lots of great stuff coming! Whats Double Shot like? Musc Alize - The warmth of musk permeated by floral scents. Notes of Jasmine, violet, white musk, vanilla, and amber. Sounds purdy! Looks like you found your jasmine/musk eh? MAC describes Double Shot as a full bodied mocha creme...Can't wait to get it..Looks so pretty..I have bad luck with all the Amplified l/s I've tried though..The only one I've liked so far is Orchidstrate....The Musc Alize is VERY close to what I'm looking for(probably can't get much closer) though I wish the Vanilla note was closer to nonexsitent

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I'm so excited! This is what I have coming.

Sephora Lipstick Mat #130 (tan coral)

Too Faced Mascara Electric Lash in Jolt

Urban Decay Powder in Cocoa

Too Faced Kiss Stick in Sweet Kiss

She She Dancer Shimmer Stick in Swing

MAC Liquid Eye Liner in Leatherette

Pop Beauty Eye Glam duo cream e/s in Entice

Delux Beauty Glistener in Sun Copper Glimmer

Urban Decay Pleather Pencil in Naked

and a bottle of Rive Gauche!

What have you gotten *is that the right word?* lately?

Edited to say - This is my 900th post!!!

Hi TD!I see you are in to nude/light lips too! Love em. I most recently bought Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, but I must say that I am not pleased. I thought it was going to be great going on all the hype I've read. I like my liquid stuff better. Although, I'd love to try a mineral blush.

I'm looking to trade the mineral foundation for Nars blush or for kick-arse gloss.

Anyway, that's an exciting haul coming your way. I'd love to hear about how you like the lip pencil, Sephora lipstick, and shimmer lipstick by She She. I hope you let me know which lip product you like the best.

Cheers!

Cali

dustfairy.gif

Hey Cali,

Bummer! I love my BE foundation! Did you use the right brush or did you get the kit where it comes with it? When I first got it I didn't get the brush, I just figured what I had would be fine. It didn't work for me either and I put it away for a few weeks. Then I ended up getting the BE brush and WOW what a difference it made for me. Let me know, I may have an extra BE brush around here somewhere, if not I'll hunt one down for you. I'll let you know how I like everything!

Originally Posted by Californian Hi TD!I see you are in to nude/light lips too! Love em. I most recently bought Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, but I must say that I am not pleased. I thought it was going to be great going on all the hype I've read. I like my liquid stuff better. Although, I'd love to try a mineral blush.

I'm looking to trade the mineral foundation for Nars blush or for kick-arse gloss.

Anyway, that's an exciting haul coming your way. I'd love to hear about how you like the lip pencil, Sephora lipstick, and shimmer lipstick by She She. I hope you let me know which lip product you like the best.

Cheers!

Cali

dustfairy.gif

I just checked out double shot, looks real nice! CSP's are pretty strong, on me anyways, but very very nice. Originally Posted by allisong MAC describes Double Shot as a full bodied mocha creme...Can't wait to get it..Looks so pretty..I have bad luck with all the Amplified l/s I've tried though..The only one I've liked so far is Orchidstrate....The Musc Alize is VERY close to what I'm looking for(probably can't get much closer) though I wish the Vanilla note was closer to nonexsitent

Originally Posted by Tinydancer Hey Cali,Bummer! I love my BE foundation! Did you use the right brush or did you get the kit where it comes with it? When I first got it I didn't get the brush, I just figured what I had would be fine. It didn't work for me either and I put it away for a few weeks. Then I ended up getting the BE brush and WOW what a difference it made for me. Let me know, I may have an extra BE brush around here somewhere, if not I'll hunt one down for you. I'll let you know how I like everything!

Well... no ... I got it on Ebay. It was brand new and sealed, but it did not come with a brush. I used a brush from Rite Aid. Does a brush really make that big of a diff???? I was wondering why people pay 15 bucks for something I got for $1.99 LOL... cough. Anyway, what is the difference? If you have an extra BE brush, I could trade you for some cookies or something. Or I could float you some cash!Lemme know, and thanks!

Animal Magnetism --->
animagnetsm.gif

Did you say cookies
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Nah Cali don't worry about it. Lemme look and if I don't have one I'll hunt one down for you.

Now as far as brushes go YES they make a difference, well for the most part. I mostly use MAC, some Stila and 1 beloved Kevyn Aucoin brush. I truely believe they make a big difference at least in my experience. However, I have found some pretty decent brushes at Tarjays, Sonia Kushak (sp) make pretty good ones. Anyway, I'll let you know about the BE brush
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Well... no ... I got it on Ebay. It was brand new and sealed, but it did not come with a brush. I used a brush from Rite Aid. Does a brush really make that big of a diff???? I was wondering why people pay 15 bucks for something I got for $1.99 LOL... cough. Anyway, what is the difference? If you have an extra BE brush, I could trade you for some cookies or something. Or I could float you some cash!Lemme know, and thanks!

Animal Magnetism --->
animagnetsm.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Hi TD!I see you are in to nude/light lips too! Love em. I most recently bought Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, but I must say that I am not pleased. I thought it was going to be great going on all the hype I've read. I like my liquid stuff better. Although, I'd love to try a mineral blush.

Cheers!

Cali

dustfairy.gif

I'm not a fan of BE either..If you want a great mineral foundation you must try Jane Iredale..From your pic. you look to be warm toned..Am I right?

Originally Posted by allisong I'm not a fan of BE either..If you want a great mineral foundation you must try Jane Iredale..From your pic. you look to be warm toned..Am I right? Yeah, I am warm/golden undertone. I am not as dark as my pic looks, but I have that golden underneath rather than red, pink or pale. What's better about the Jane Iredale? The Be looks like um... nothing on me. I was not impressed. I wonder if it is the brush now!? Did you have the same experience with BE too?
confused.gif

Wow what an awesome haul Tinydancer!!! I placed an order with strawberrynet.com and I'm waiting to get Guinot foundation, La Prarie loose powder and Lancome eye makeup remover. The deals are so awesome on that site. I ended up getting a great deal. I would never buy the La Prarie Loose powder here because of the price but the deal was so great from strawberrynet that I couldn't pass it.
icon_smile.gif
I've never tried guinot foundation or the La Prairie loose powder so we will see. Hopefully I'll like them.

Originally Posted by Californian Yeah, I am warm/golden undertone. I am not as dark as my pic looks, but I have that golden underneath rather than red, pink or pale. What's better about the Jane Iredale? The Be looks like um... nothing on me. I was not impressed. I wonder if it is the brush now!? Did you have the same experience with BE too?
confused.gif

Ry..I got the whole BE kit..came with the foundation,mineral veil,warth and the special brush..Didn't make a difference..Not to mention trying different application techniques..Buffing,swirling,tapping..blah..blah.. blah.The foundation not only made me itch but it make my pores look huge and my face looked almost dirty and the finish was just too glowing for my liking..Jane Iredale has a satin finish which is a perfect balance between matte and glowing..Doesn't accentuate pores and it comes in 2 different formulations..loose(which is better for drier skin and pressed which is for oilier skin)..And if you want extra oil control and a total matte finish the make a product called Pure Matte which is a translucent mirrored compact for mid day touch ups..PM me with you address and I'll send you some samples(I have yellow toned/golden skin also)

Originally Posted by allisong Ry..I got the whole BE kit..came with the foundation,mineral veil,warth and the special brush..Didn't make a difference..Not to mention trying different application techniques..Buffing,swirling,tapping..blah..blah.. blah.The foundation not only made me itch but it make my pores look huge and my face looked almost dirty and the finish was just too glowing for my liking..Jane Iredale has a satin finish which is a perfect balance between matte and glowing..Doesn't accentuate pores and it comes in 2 different formulations..loose(which is better for drier skin and pressed which is for oilier skin)..And if you want extra oil control and a total matte finish the make a product called Pure Matte which is a translucent mirrored compact for mid day touch ups..PM me with you address and I'll send you some samples(I have yellow toned/golden skin also) I'm sending you a PM. This post is super helpful. You should be an expert on allexperts.com. Serious.Check it out. You smoke their knowledge!

Anyway... here comes a pm and ty.

Ry

eebanner7.gif

Latest posts

Back