Any of your girls ever try GOLF?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used to go play with my dad, but i only started out because i wanted to drive the golf cart lol i ended up being REALLY good. i even beat these 2 old guys who have been playing for years.

my friend, nannette hill, is REALLY good and has been on mag covers, won a lot of things, etc.

http://www.ajga.org/Media_Center/Cov...es/4-26-04.asp

Hill-Nannette-04Chateau.jpg

she is the sweetest girl, too!

Originally Posted by Jennifer

i used to go play with my dad, but i only started out because i wanted to drive the golf cart lol i ended up being REALLY good. i even beat these 2 old guys who have been playing for years.
my friend, nannette hill, is REALLY good and has been on mag covers, won a lot of things, etc.

http://www.ajga.org/Media_Center/Cov...es/4-26-04.asp

Hill-Nannette-04Chateau.jpg

she is the sweetest girl, too!

WOW how cool is it

Does miniature golf count? Cause I love that! I actually live in a county where golf is everywhere but I have never picked it up.

18_12_2v.gif

when we moved to florida my husband started playing and he teached me but my boobs get in the way.(Jessica was right)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Does miniature golf count? Cause I love that! I actually live in a county where golf is everywhere but I have never picked it up.
18_12_2v.gif

Mini golf rocks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My dad & my bro like to golf for reals tho.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Any of your girls ever try GOLF?
I love golf and an starting to get better....

LMK?

I don't play golf, but they say it's good for women to learn if they are going into any type of business field...helps break the glass ceiling. Puts a little pinch on the "Boys' Club" aspect of business.

I played golf for one summer in high school; my dad wanted to teach me and my brother how to play. My brother went on to play on the high school golf team (but it was a small school so everyone who tried out made the team
wink.gif
) but I wasn't that good and quite after that summer. I could hit the ball pretty straight but I just couldn't it hit very far, it took forever to get to the green! And of course my short game was terrible, I think everyone has to practice at that! lol

Another thing that annoyed us was that for some reason, at our local golf course EVERYONE rode carts -- we always wanted to walk for the exercise, but we ended up spending half of the time letting the people in carts play through! So that combined with my average score of around 10 per hole meant it would take us all afternoon just to play 9 holes ...

Only mini golf & the driving range... and I'm horrible at both!!!
icon_eek.gif
But its fun!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby I don't play golf, but they say it's good for women to learn if they are going into any type of business field...helps break the glass ceiling. Puts a little pinch on the "Boys' Club" aspect of business. Oh, I have a fun story about business and golf although it doesn't involve women ... when my grandpa was young he was a very good golfer and was some sort of manager at a factory. One day he was playing "team golf" (whatever they call it when two people play together and you take their best scores or shots). His teammate was one of the upper-level executives (president or something), and his teammate said he would give anything to beat his brother (whom they were playing against -- apparently the brother always won). No one knew my grandpa was a good golfer so Grandpa said, "if we beat your brother will you let me build a new factory in this city?" and his teammate replied, unbelievingly, "of course, anything!" Well needless to say my grandpa's team won and he got his new factory
biggrin.gif

So the saying that business deals are made on the golf course really is true
wink.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23

when we moved to florida my husband started playing and he teached me but my boobs get in the way.(Jessica was right)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LMAO your boobs get in the way, I might need to see that
wink.gif
KIDDING

Latest posts

Back