Any positive/negative feedback on MAC???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm doing a project on MAC makeup. For those who use/shop at MAC, I would like to know if you had any feedback concerning the MAC stores, the staff, the store environment, the products, etc. A few questions:

-What do you really LIKE about MAC?

-What do you really DISLIKE about MAC?

-As a customer, what would you want improved at MAC in regards to the service?

-Do you have any environmental concerns about the products?

For those who do not use MAC or not very aware:

-What are the main reasons you do not use MAC?

-If you could change some things about MAC, what would it be? Would you then start shopping at the stores or buying their products?

If you have anything to say, feel free to write ahead! I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
smiley10.gif

-Lia

First, welcome to MUT!

I would suggest you do a search on MAC products on the forum. There are a lot of similar threads that will give you the info that you are looking for. Is this a project for school?

Well so far the only negative feedback i would give is that studio tech broke me out alot. Other than that i like most of the things ive bought.

i love mac but i hate the new packageing on there skincare, its so hard to get the product out.

I like some MAC products. As a company they tend to think out of the box with their advertising hype, color development, give good service, stands by their make-up, and has a variety to offer in their product line. It seems to be a real status brand for people who are trendy and tend to want impress folk. Because every other line is copying MAC, but giving better prices, I am not loyal to that brand. I buy what works on me period, but cheaper can be equal to better in some cases, so I lean towards that.

mac lipsticks dry out my lips.

mac lipglass makes my hair stick to my face

mac studio tech needs no concealer, spot layering will give you enough coverage, thus never need to try to match the perfect concealer.

read and as questions on their metallic pigments before using them on your eyes & lips- some are very harmful!!! i find that odd that they would sell harmful pggies, since it's makeup.

Variety of products, especially eyeshadow colors and it's quality.

Price. Haha. Really pricey and also that their limited editions don't become regular products.

When it comes to actual customer service, I believe some shouldn't look so pissy to help others and not just stand there. But overall, I have no strong issues with them.

No.

U have anything to back that up? ingredient list? I have gold,silver pigments

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif mac lipsticks dry out my lips.mac lipglass makes my hair stick to my face

mac studio tech needs no concealer, spot layering will give you enough coverage, thus never need to try to match the perfect concealer.

read and as questions on their metallic pigments before using them on your eyes & lips- some are very harmful!!! i find that odd that they would sell harmful pggies, since it's makeup.

the MAC foundation i tried (select spf15) made me break out a lot and dried my skin.

my lustreglass makes my hair stick to my lips whenever there's wind outside

the e/s are great, shades, staying power...

the eye primer thing is crap, at least for me

i love the piggies

i don't have much against the stores or the salespeople, but i know in one shop it's almost an impossible quest to find a saleswoman, always occupied or talking with her friend from the next counter.

Originally Posted by Battygurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif U have anything to back that up? ingredient list? I have gold,silver pigments I think she is talking about how some pigments are not lip safe, some are not eye safe, and others are not lip or eye safe (for body use only). I believe there is a little insert telling you that the product is not safe for lip, eye, etc. Most pigments. If you have the silver pro pigment, it's listed as for body use only.
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...afe-18807.html

There's a full list on specktra:

MAC Comprehensive Precautions: List

What I like: Many colors, textures, types to choose from. New things come out all the time. Most products are highly pigmented. They have an artistry line.

Dislike: They sell in such limited quantities, they rerelaese products that they have had for a long time, they only have one PRO store in my area.

What would I change about service: Sometimes the girls wear too much makeup and that turns me off. I have no problem with people wearing color and being creative, but sometimes they are lacking in technique. I think MAC SA's get a little overwhelmed sometimes with crowds and when they get busy. I see them lacking in customer service when they have a line or a packed store. I still want to be treated special if they have a lot of customers. Sometimes they thro my stuff in a bag and rush me out the door.

Environmental Issues: Nope!

I love the colors, rich and vibrant. I love the fact that they actually have my color foundation and not one shade lighter or one shade darker that I used to have to settle for. I'm a lifer! If they go out of business, I will stop wearing foundation.

Another thing, I put my make-up on at seven o'clock this morning and it still looks flawless (I'm typing this at eight o'clock at night). I used the Blot Powder once around two o'clock. My lipstick, I applied once, ate lunch, and it's still on. I don't have a lot of time to primp in the mirror when I'm out, so staying power is a plus, which MAC has.

This may seem minor, but I hate the fact that when I go into their stores, the lighting in there is so perfect that you can see all of my flaws! I hate that. I wish they'd do something about that. I don't need to be reminded that I have an acne scar in the middle of my forehead, thank you.

I love their service. I can't complain about that, but probably because they see me in the store all the time; a girl's gotta have her stuff! But make-up is my splurge. My husband has his electronics and computers; I have my make-up.
patches.gif

I don't know enough about how they process and manufacture their products to have any environmental concerns. If they were polluting the environment faster than cars and trucks, I'd be concerned. If they were dumping toxic waste in the water supply, I'd be livid. If I were an environmentalist, MAC would not be on the top of my list.

Lipsticks are too greasy and don't stay on...hardly any pigment. Even after powdering my lips before applying.

Condescending sales people are a turn-off.

I like the lipglass, but as soon as I get one I like it gets discontinued.

The eye shadows I've bought are ok.

I have one lipgloss by MAC. I am a fan of many different brands that are of even better quality than MAC and is more affordable. I like the marketing campaigns that MAC has an their philosophy of diversity in catering to women of all differerent ethnicities, skintones, and lifestyles.

What do you really LIKE about MAC?

Hmmm...they really have some exclusive items where no other brands have like pigments,paints,etc which are exclusive only to Makeup artists.

Hmmm...I am not so crazy abt their e/s....I would say their texture,I am a sucker for super-soft quality,whereas I dont find that in MAC e/s in my opinion from the raves I know.I find it difficult to blend.I also dont get a correct foundation shade for me,be it studio tech,studio fix,face and body...I ahve to mix 2 shdes to get my shade,bocs I cannot buy 2 shades always.

Some MAC assistants I've met were very rude...not in general but some of them I've met and they also sometimes wear too much makeup.But its both a plus and a minus.Other than that everything is okay.

NONE.I really appreciate their Back2Mac thingy.

Latest posts

Back